The "Better music video" - what happened?

phaeryen

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better is a great song too...surprised it wasnt more of a "hit". Suppose the video (sad as it may by) woulda helped.

I agree. I wonder why everything has to be so fucking difficult with GnR.

We all know why-Axl's head. So brilliant yet a complete psycho.

Better is a great song too...surprised it wasnt more of a "hit". Suppose the video (sad as it may by) woulda helped.

I agree. I wonder why everything has to be so fucking difficult with GnR.

We all know why-Axl's head. So brilliant yet a complete psycho.

Axl makes the easiest band tasks seem like a nightmare.

the better video was shelved after robin wasn't around guns n roses

So they couldn't edit one out of eight guys out? He was that prominent in the video? I highly doubt that Axls 1st video in 15+ yrs is anyone but Axl.

robin writes better. robin created and recorded the intro and outro guitar riffs. robin did the same for the middle part with guitar. and the classic rock solo at the end of better. axl said better is a robin song. not a dj or ronald song. so yeah. i'd say that's pretty prominent. wouldn't you?

None of us really know what the video was, if it had a story to it or it was just live performance. Maybe whoever directed and edited it did a poor job with it. I am kind of surprised Axl didn't try to have the record company push another single when they were touring, because they had way more live footage to work with.

GNR had their time "making fucking videos", and did some of the most expensive of all time. Maybe if they remaster "Welcome to the Videos" because they shot most of their videos on film, and put it out on Blu Ray, Axl can include it at that time.

On December 30th, 2008, Rose wrote on the message board "Lars isn't holding anything up with our video. Our message board comments were meant casually, in fun and amongst friends...We hope to have our video out shortly."

So I guess the Better video exist...

Edited by TheDemocracyRose

Who would have been paying for this video anyway? I think the record company just wanted to get their money back and get the Chinese Democracy thing over with. I don't know if they cared if they made much of a profit from it, as long as they could break even and finally be rid of the whole situation.

On December 30th, 2008, Rose wrote on the message board "Lars isn't holding anything up with our video. Our message board comments were meant casually, in fun and amongst friends...We hope to have our video out shortly."

So I guess the Better video exist...

duh. the better video exist. robin is in the better video

Who would have been paying for this video anyway? I think the record company just wanted to get their money back and get the Chinese Democracy thing over with. I don't know if they cared if they made much of a profit from it, as long as they could break even and finally be rid of the whole situation.

Agreed

at least when the better video only exists in our imaginations, we can continue to believe that it doesn't suck. remember how much easier it was to believe in chinese democracy before it actually came out? it's like how orgies sound great as a fantasy, but the reality is always more complicated, conflicted and disappointing.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

Axl himself was talking about this music video quite a bit. He was already late with it. But the implication he left us with, was that it was going to come out soon.

What kind of a stance does /Jarmo have on Better? do you get banned from htgh for mentioning it? sometimes how he dishes out justice on his concentration camp is our only key into finding out the stance of nuGNR on some topics. :question: