The Linguini Occurrence

metal isnt its own genre its a sub genre of rock.

rap and rock have a common ancestery but they branched out in the 1970's.

as for lithium if they are going to induct non rock bands and musicians and ignore dozens of actual rock legends then they should change the name of the institution

I would assume that's the key for the RNRHOF. It doesn't matter that they branched out; they're all still in the same family.

i dont mind blues artists and the like getting in, they pioneered rock and rap. the problem is rap has nothing to do with rock n roll, it is a huge genre that should have its own hall of fame. same thing with pop music.

When there isn't any band drama like with GNR I don't give a shit about the RRHOF lol. Cool to see Rush get some recognition though, albiet 10 years late

the same i really dislike the RRHOF. if they put in bands like deep purple and rush i wouldnt have as much problem putting in NWA and the like.

When there isn't any band drama like with GNR I don't give a shit about the RRHOF lol. Cool to see Rush get some recognition though, albiet 10 years late

the same i really dislike the RRHOF. if they put in bands like deep purple and rush i wouldnt have as much problem putting in NWA and the like.

How thoughtful of you!

If Purple get inducted, I wonder who'll actually show up. Current band? Blackmore? Coverdale? Hughes? JLT? Evans? Simper? This could be a bigger gong-show than Van Halen and GNR's inductions combined. :bitchfight:

not only who would show up but who the fuck would be inducted? the hall has been weird about who or who doesnt get in with a band. metallica rober trujillo got in with metallica, matt sorum and dizzy got in but with sabbath dio didnt.

it is going to be entertaining to say the least i doubt blackmore shows

Which one of those were rock n' roll again?

Since when has the R 'N' R Hall of Fame's yearly list of nominees consisted entirely of rock bands/artists? I swear, it's the same fucking deal every year with you retards - some rapper or soul singer gets nominated and the bitching and crying that they aren't "rock" enough ensues. Here's a history lesson: in the first year that they held the fucking thing, 1986, three out of ten artists were not what you would consider "rock musicians". That's 26 years of you people not understanding that the Hall of Fame doesn't solely induct/nominate rock musicians.

Hey happy pappy...it's should be called the music hall of fame then :jerkoff:

Which one of those were rock n' roll again?

Since when has the R 'N' R Hall of Fame's yearly list of nominees consisted entirely of rock bands/artists? I swear, it's the same fucking deal every year with you retards - some rapper or soul singer gets nominated and the bitching and crying that they aren't "rock" enough ensues. Here's a history lesson: in the first year that they held the fucking thing, 1986, three out of ten artists were not what you would consider "rock musicians". That's 26 years of you people not understanding that the Hall of Fame doesn't solely induct/nominate rock musicians.

Hey happy pappy...it's should be called the music hall of fame then :jerkoff:

Then you should send them an angry letter instead of crying about it on an internet forum.

I blame it on the Hall itself, they should rename it the "All Music Except Country/Classical/Opera Hall of Fame".

Voting began today, make your voice heard!

FWIW - I'd bet good money Public Enemy gets in.

yeah i want deep purple, rush and heart to get in

I blame it on the Hall itself, they should rename it the "All Music Except Country/Classical/Opera Hall of Fame".

Chuck D being at the Rock Hall prob. didn't hurt their chances of getting in, but he's also critical of the recording industry. If they get in, hopefully he brings Anthrax to the party, just to throw spotlight on the lack of metal bands in the Rock Hall's faces.

I can see Peart being a no-show to the Rock Hall

He'll show, when it happens...unless he's biking thorugh Tibet or something at the time.

They've all shown up for for these type of awards heaped upon them in Canada.

Chuck D being at the Rock Hall prob. didn't hurt their chances of getting in, but he's also critical of the recording industry. If they get in, hopefully he brings Anthrax to the party, just to throw spotlight on the lack of metal bands in the Rock Hall's faces.

yeah that would be cool lol the number of shunned metal bands is ridiculous

Chuck D being at the Rock Hall prob. didn't hurt their chances of getting in

That's a factor, he's a friend of the hall. Also they try to have a diverse group of inductees each year, so I think going forward most classes will include Rap/R&B/HipHop and at least one female artist and at least one inductee going back to pre-1970.

If Heart doesn't get in, I think Donna Summer will.

It's possible Heart and Donna Summer will be in. There's been so much bitching about Deep Purple and Rush not being inducted, I think in Rush's case, going on Colbert, doing the documentary, getting interviewed more in Rolling Stone., and "I Love You Man" didn't hurt.

Donna Summer's been up before, now that she's passed ,they might try to push her through. Same goes with Jon Lord passing.

As far as Chic - Nile Rodgers produced and did a lot of session work, plus he's been battling cancer.

They also try to throw in one R&B/blues guitarist. Chuck D would gladly give it up to a blues artist.

They induct pseudo-rock acts every year. It's hardly new. Every year Kiss doesn't get in I consider a victory.

This is the best post I've ever read on here RNRHOF-related.

Don't see how they can skip over Deep Purple and Rush with that list of nominees. And seeing as they like putting rap in, I'll consider it a travesty if N.W.A. doesn't get it.