Rumour falsely suggests Axl was to replace Plant in Led Zeppelin,

sascha

Overhearing conversations and killing time on the internet I picked up rumours (I have no links or names so I just leave it at that) of Axl taking a timeout after the release of CD to test the waters stepping in for Robert Plant in Led Zeppelin for a tour. Page said they were actually testing with a famous rock singer but he won't reveal the name. Is there any truth to that being Axl?

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/led-zeppelin-were-real-close-to-tour-without-plant-20100713

Edited by sascha

Are you retarded? Your article says that they had plans in 2008, and made no mention of who they had for a vocalist, and you've somehow taken from that that Axl will be the new singer? How?

And lol to Lahey for being dumb enough to buy into this delusion.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Tweet Jason Bonham - if he replies with LOL LMFAO or anything like that, you'll have your answer.

Page was looking for someone to sing on some songs he has lying around, but that has nothing to do with Plant or Jones. He doesn't want to do a Santana all star album.

That is, without exception, the single stupidest thing I have ever read here. I could write a fucking thesis on the myriad levels of mind-blowing fucktardedness employed in believing that Axl fronting Led Zeppelin would ever happen in a million years, but let's face it, who'd have the time for reading it.

So, in brief:

1. The singer they tested was Myles. Well documented fact.

2. As if Axl would have tested for Zep. Yeah, the guy that doesn't show up to rehearsals is going to do an audition.

3. As if Jimmy Page would ever, ever ask Axl.

4. Page, Jones and Bonham aren't even fucking playing together! The idea was abandoned 4 fucking years ago!

5. Axl has a band of his own. I believe they're called Pistols N' Posies, something along those lines anyhow.

6. I'm not going to add point 6 because if you've got this far and still in any way believe this crock of shite, chances are you can't count that high.

A Page and Rose Tour would sell more tickets than a New GNR show.

...no

Jimmy Page and David Coverdale did an album 20 years ago that sold great, but the tour for it had to be cancelled because there was little interest.

Axl Rose is a bit bigger name than the singer from White Snake and Deep Purple.

A Page and Rose Tour would sell more tickets than a New GNR show.

...no

Jimmy Page and David Coverdale did an album 20 years ago that sold great, but the tour for it had to be cancelled because there was little interest.

Axl Rose is a bit bigger name than the singer from White Snake and Deep Purple.

Axl can't even sing his own songs anymore - who would want to hear him butcher Zeppelin?

Plant still sounds great anyways:

Guest RonMexico82

It was Myles Kennedy, you know the guy people here like to shit on because he sings with Slash (I'm not a fan of his voice but he sings better than Axl these days)

That is, without exception, the single stupidest thing I have ever read here. I could write a fucking thesis on the myriad levels of mind-blowing fucktardedness employed in believing that Axl fronting Led Zeppelin would ever happen in a million years, but let's face it, who'd have the time for reading it.

So, in brief:

1. The singer they tested was Myles. Well documented fact.

2. As if Axl would have tested for Zep. Yeah, the guy that doesn't show up to rehearsals is going to do an audition.

3. As if Jimmy Page would ever, ever ask Axl.

4. Page, Jones and Bonham aren't even fucking playing together! The idea was abandoned 4 fucking years ago!

5. Axl has a band of his own. I believe they're called Pistols N' Posies, something along those lines anyhow.

6. I'm not going to add point 6 because if you've got this far and still in any way believe this crock of shite, chances are you can't count that high.

Myles and Jason met over a decade ago.

http://www.ledzeppelinnews.com/2008/09/myles-kennedy-first-met-jason-bonham-in.html

Page wouldn't touch Axl with a 10 foot poll. And this is old ....like 3 or 4 yrs ago.

Why are you so sure that Page would have nothing to do with Axl? Cornell and Axl are the only two singers out there that could really step in for Plant in a meaningful and big time way. Howevever, I do think Chris Robinson did a great job back in 2000, but he's not in the same league as Axl and Cornell.

Edited by Randy Lahey