To all of you bashing Ashba...

izzydoezit

He's the perfect Slash-alike, Hat, playing style, etc. The guy Axl wanted all along to complete the GNR makeover. Fortus is Izzy-like, Tommy has a punk background like Duff, and now Ashba. Axl never got along with Steven so no need to replicate that.

keep in mind that he himself doesn't consider himself primarily a guitarist

But still to this day I don’t see myself as a guitar player. I see myself as a businessman and I love business.

Good, I don't see him as a guitar player either.

In fact I agree with him, Ashba is a businessman in every sense of the word. He uses Guns n' Roses for promotion. He adopts an image (poor me, I was bullied, I look way alternative despite being fucking 40) that's easily marketable to the kids and then uses that to sell his crappy overpriced products (named after the douchiest fashion word in years - swag).

DJ is pure business. No passion, no skills, no love for music, no knowledge.

This is kringeworthy and I feel ashamed as a GnR fan that this guy is in this band.

If you can read that disgusting, smarmy bag of shit quote without having a chill go right the fuck up your spine then you're a better man than I am. Fuck this guy.

I've missed you. Well said!

I guess that's the worst of it all: His gimmick sucks. It's geared towards who? 14 year old girls, and Cris Angel? Slash has a gimmick to a degree, Buckethead definitely has one, but they're both great in their own ways. Ashba just seems amateurish on all levels, particularly intellectually. It's insulting to fans. We deserve better. Guns n Roses deserves better. What does Axl see in this emo influence? If that's the influence he wants on this band, he shouldve released This I Love as a single at the end credits of a Twilight movie and used that as a lure to get people interested again. Would've been a better investment than touring forever with a bad voice.

But still to this day I don’t see myself as a guitar player. I see myself as a businessman and I love business.

http://www.glidemaga...-residency.html

I rarely see a business man playing the SCOM intro sooo fuckin bad

Anyone who trademarks their name is a cock, especially when hardly anyone knows who they are.

agreed

The only positive thing i can say from Ashba is: he wants new music. Other than this, he is a clown

People can run their mouths about DJ to their heart's content. He's in the band and there's nothing any of the complainers can do about it.

That's not exactly true.

if i killed somebody and point the whole shit to Ashba, he may be sentenced. :awesomeface:

Honestly, I think he's pretty good. He's a talented guitarist, writer, and i've liked his work before GNR. In my opinion he's a great fit for GNR.Seems like a pretty cool guy as well which is always good for any band.

It's natural for him to get hated by Slashites, any guitarist replacing him would get hate. I mean come on, those guys even hate Axl, so im not sure what they're doing here.

The problem is not related to Slash. The problem is: Ashba is a generic guitar player, looks like an idiot, too "nice", he promoted himself so much etc.

He's the perfect Slash-alike, Hat, playing style, etc. The guy Axl wanted all along to complete the GNR makeover. Fortus is Izzy-like, Tommy has a punk background like Duff, and now Ashba. Axl never got along with Steven so no need to replicate that.

ha, true, but Frank smiles a lot, like Steven, lol

Good, I don't see him as a guitar player either.

In fact I agree with him, Ashba is a businessman in every sense of the word. He uses Guns n' Roses for promotion. He adopts an image (poor me, I was bullied, I look way alternative despite being fucking 40) that's easily marketable to the kids and then uses that to sell his crappy overpriced products (named after the douchiest fashion word in years - swag).

DJ is pure business. No passion, no skills, no love for music, no knowledge.

This is kringeworthy and I feel ashamed as a GnR fan that this guy is in this band.

If you can read that disgusting, smarmy bag of shit quote without having a chill go right the fuck up your spine then you're a better man than I am. Fuck this guy.

I've missed you. Well said!

He's a businessman in the sense that he markets and promotes himself. All bands do it to an extent. Why do promotional photos for banner ads or have pro shot footage running outside of a venue to announce the show?

Maybe he's doing it using GNR's name to help sell a bit more, but almost all musicians are in business, none of them are giving away the music or playing for free. Even if it's for a charity, it's still business related and has value to it through ticket sales and t-shirt sales.

Some bands have issues with people in the band selling their own stuff at swag booths.

Guest RonMexico82

Axl see's in Ashba what Ashba see's in GNR - money and something to exploit.

Business wise it is a good move.

Doesn't change the fact that Ashba would have been laughed out of the room had he encountered the appetite line-up back in the day.