Should GNR finally release Crash Diet?

wfse

Should GNR finally record this thing for real and release it?

Axl's current voice would sound fine on this song. I imagine it being fucking awesome. And Ron can come up with a much better solo than this shit.

Edited by wfse

They should take all the cover songs from the past several tours.... Clean them up and release them. Crash Diet could be the bonus! It's going to be a Live album.....we are getting too old to send Axl back into a studio!

Seeker

Brick in the Wall

motivation

Riff Raff

Rosie

Crash Diet

No Quarter

don't let it bring you down

dead Flowers w/ Izzy

I alwasy got the impression Crash Diet was simply a work tune, a song that never really got finished as they had nowhere to go with it. Either way, when I discovered it all those years ago at a music sale (pre-internet days) I loved the track. I've still got that CD.

Isn't there a 2006 quote from Axl saying there was two complete albums finished.......and an older quote (2002ish) from Beta that says they recorded 30 songs or something like that?

DJ and BBF are prolific writers.

GnR has one album of originals since 1991. A covers album or releasing 25 year old songs is the last thing GnR needs to do.

A new album, with new music. If this really is a band, and not just a cover/touring band, they need to start releasing music that they created.

+ without Slash, I'd rather they left it alone, buried.

Pretty sure that Smash doesn't play on it in the first place. What does he have to do with anything?

West Akeem played on that song. No Slash

There is no money in recording new songs. When touring .....95 percent of the ticket holders want AFD and UYI ballads. They re no more than

10k people in the universe that's cares if Axl records anything new. Good Luck....real music is DEAD!

Pretty sure that Smash doesn't play on it in the first place. What does he have to do with anything?

his name is Slash if you don't know...

Btw Slash wasn't played on this one.

It would be cool to pull it off, but

1. Axl sell the copyrights to another band

2. i don't think he is even remember this song.

Btw the vid you linked is an alternate mix for the song, i have it on a bootleg, so this isn't better quality

Isn't there a 2006 quote from Axl saying there was two complete albums finished.......and an older quote (2002ish) from Beta that says they recorded 30 songs or something like that?

GnR has one album of originals since 1991. A covers album or releasing 25 year old songs is the last thing GnR needs to do.

A new album, with new music. If this really is a band, and not just a cover/touring band, they need to start releasing music that they created.

There's prob. a whole album of songs that were left in limbo in 2008-2009.

I always thought it was a pretty cool song but I don't believe it was ever intended as a Use Your Illusion song or is a "true" illusion outtake . I'm not even sure if the whole band ever played it. From what Axl said on one of the online chats, it seems like it was pretty much just a showcase for West Arkeen to show how well he could play guitar. I like all the outtake songs from that "Illusion" outtake cd and think they could've definitely done something more with Bring It back Home, Crash Diet, Just Another Sunday but seriously doubt Axl would resurrect any of those now. I remember buying that cd even before the actual Illusion albums came out ( it was just great to have some new songs before the album!!), so you'd have to figure AXl would be rather desperate to dig up songs from a bootleg that's been circulating for 20 years now. I think they were left off for a reason, either because they were meant to be West songs (for a solo project?) or because it was just AXl f**king around with his friend on a few tracks and having fun, nothing so serious. All that being said I'd still love to know the true origins and intentions for the songs on that tape, Axl was pretty vague in his description. I'd listen to a remake if Axl did work on them some more though, I just don't see it.

Edited by Nobody

You are joking correct? All those songs off the unwanted illusisions cd is the OLD band. This nugnr needs to start standing on their own. write something NEW! If the old band was still together, then yea, re-work alot of the unrelased material that THEY wrote. Time to stop touting old music and lets hear this new direction we kepthearing about when the band broke up in the 1st place. And before anyone types it, i will save you the time. By the "old" band, i mean the people responsible for AFD, LIES and UYI. I dont care about anyone BEFORE that album came out. They have nothing to do with the success of gnr.

Edited by fabrph5

Not only Crash Diet. I think there some great unreleased songs recorded in the sessions between mid 80s and early 90s that would have done a great record before the UYI o maybe making out of UYI a trilogy. Shadow of your Love, Crash Diet, Just Another Sunday, Bring it Back Home, Ain't Going Down plus some covers GN'R played in those years like Hearbreak Hotel, Free Fallin', Jumpin' Jack and Whole Lotta Rosie, why not?. Also I would have loved GN'R to release that footage recorded while the UYI Tour that was going to be a documentary. Only God knows what happened to that. As for the New Era, I think that Silkworms, Chekmate, The General and Oh My God should have been released already. As for live albums, it would have been great one album of the 06-07 tour (Rock Am Ring was awesome) and another of the 09-10 tour (Osaka/Tokyo '09 was epic)...maybe an acoustic live DVD of the Rose Bar Sessions in '10, that show was killer. Besides, as other bands do to celebreate their anniversary, it would have been a great gift for the fans to release a boxset of the UYI 20th or AFD 25th with b-sides and demos. I remember Axl said he re-recorded the entire AFD with the new line-up, it would have been a perfect time to release it...but no. Back to reality: What we really have in the last 20 years is one album, a neverending tour with almost no surprises or radical changes over the last decade, multiple date release postponments, the London show DVD cancelled and a lot of years of silence. No music videos anymore, no memorabilia about the new GN'R, no more "making of", interviews or special guest appearences. So much thing done over the frist decade and so few material released after the breakup. You can't live forever in your memories, stuck in your past. Sometimes it's like a band that doesn't exists anymore in terms of new stuff as an identity. There are no goals, no new achievments, the desire that any artist have of create, evolve as a band, improve themselves it's completely gone. Just cash and grab tours until...who knows?. Let your music speak. Axl went to become a reclusive, he has been inside a shell for the last 20 years. We are very lucky we got CHD released in '08. I don't have a doubt about the legacy of GN'R as an iconic band and the legacy of Axl as a rockstar living legend, the best frotman of all time. But, putting it in perspective, do you imagine how far this band and Axl would have come without those dark years of ostracism? I mean, CHD is a masterpiece, a wonderful album. Axl said he had 5 albums worth of material recorded in the Chi Dem sessions, almost 80 songs!!! I imagine great tunes, epic instrumentals, new rock sounds...Axl at his best, an extraordinary music revolution with an impact as hughe as the UYIs. Such a shame they never saw the light of the day. The truth is it will probably never be out. So much talent wasted...Youth doesn't come back Axl and we the fans regret it so much. I do care.

Edited by WilliamBruceRoseJr

Not only Crash Diet. I think there some great unreleased songs recorded in the sessions between mid 80s and early 90s that would have done a great record before the UYI o maybe making out of UYi a trilogy. Shadow of your Love, Crash Diet, Just Nother Sunday, Bring it Back Home, Ai't Going Down plus some covers GN'R played in those years like Hearberk Hotel, Free Fallin, Jumpin' Jack and Whole Lotta Rosie, why not?. Also I would have loved GN'R to release that footage recorded while the UYI Tour that was going to be a documentary. Only God knows what happened to that. As for the New Era, I think that Silkworms, Chekmate, The General and Oh My God should have been released already. As for live albums, it would have been great one album of the 06-07 tour (Rock Am Ring was awesome) and another of the 09-10 tour (Osaka/Tokyo '09 was epic)...maybe an acoustic live DVD of the Rose Bar Sessions in '10, that show was killer. Besides, as other bands do to celebreate their anniversary, it would have been a great gift for the fans to release a boxset of the UYI 20th or AFD 25th with b-sides and demos. I remember Axl said he re-recorded the entire AFD with the new line-up, it would have been a perfect time to release it...but no. Back to reality: What we really have in the last 20 years is one album, a neverending tour with almost no surprises or radical changes over the last decade, multiple date release postponments, the London show DVD cancelled and a lot of years of silence. No music videos anymore, no memorabilia about the new GN'R, no more "making of", interviews or special guest appearences. So much thing done over the frist decade and so few material released after the breakup. You can't live forever in your memories, stuck in your past. Sometimes it's like a band that doesn't exists anymore in terms of new stuff as an identity. There are no goals, no new achievments, the desire that any artist have of create, evolve as a band, improve themselves it's completely gone. Just cash and grab tours until...who knows?. Let oyur music speak. Axl went to become a reclusive, he has been inside a shell for the last 20 years. We are very locujy we got CHD released in '08. I don't have a doubt about the legacy of GN'R as an iconic band and the legacy of Axl as a rockstar living legend, the best frotman of all time. But, putting it in perspective, do you imagine how far this band and Axl would have come without those dark years of ostracism? I mean, CHD is a masterpiece, a wonderful album. Axl said he had 5 albums worth of material recorded in the Chi Dem sessions, almost 80 songs!!! I imagine great tunes, epic instrumental, Axl at his best, an extraordinary music revolution with an impact as hughe as the UYIs. Such a shame they never saw the light of the day. The truth is it will probably never be out. So much talented wasted...Youth doesn't come back Axl and we the fans regret it so much. I do care.

Oh My God was already officially released on an album.

I do agree that it is a huge loss for music that Axl has only released one album of original music over roughly the last twenty years.

Can you imagine how amazing it would be if Axl had released four albums of original music, B-sides of all those covers and unreleased songs, and dvds of the illusion material, an acoustic album and the making of CD.

I was listening to Unwanted Illusions - and this other boot of Illusion outakes I possess - just today. I love Bring it Back Home and Crash Diet. In my opinion they are superior to some of the songs which made the Illusion albums. I quite like Sentimenal Movie and think Just Another Sunday is medicore. Too Much too Soon is quite good. I also like the demo for The Garden with Rose singing Cooper's part.

Not only Crash Diet. I think there some great unreleased songs recorded in the sessions between mid 80s and early 90s that would have done a great record before the UYI o maybe making out of UYi a trilogy. Shadow of your Love, Crash Diet, Just Nother Sunday, Bring it Back Home, Ai't Going Down plus some covers GN'R played in those years like Hearberk Hotel, Free Fallin, Jumpin' Jack and Whole Lotta Rosie, why not?. Also I would have loved GN'R to release that footage recorded while the UYI Tour that was going to be a documentary. Only God knows what happened to that. As for the New Era, I think that Silkworms, Chekmate, The General and Oh My God should have been released already. As for live albums, it would have been great one album of the 06-07 tour (Rock Am Ring was awesome) and another of the 09-10 tour (Osaka/Tokyo '09 was epic)...maybe an acoustic live DVD of the Rose Bar Sessions in '10, that show was killer. Besides, as other bands do to celebreate their anniversary, it would have been a great gift for the fans to release a boxset of the UYI 20th or AFD 25th with b-sides and demos. I remember Axl said he re-recorded the entire AFD with the new line-up, it would have been a perfect time to release it...but no. Back to reality: What we really have in the last 20 years is one album, a neverending tour with almost no surprises or radical changes over the last decade, multiple date release postponments, the London show DVD cancelled and a lot of years of silence. No music videos anymore, no memorabilia about the new GN'R, no more "making of", interviews or special guest appearences. So much thing done over the frist decade and so few material released after the breakup. You can't live forever in your memories, stuck in your past. Sometimes it's like a band that doesn't exists anymore in terms of new stuff as an identity. There are no goals, no new achievments, the desire that any artist have of create, evolve as a band, improve themselves it's completely gone. Just cash and grab tours until...who knows?. Let oyur music speak. Axl went to become a reclusive, he has been inside a shell for the last 20 years. We are very locujy we got CHD released in '08. I don't have a doubt about the legacy of GN'R as an iconic band and the legacy of Axl as a rockstar living legend, the best frotman of all time. But, putting it in perspective, do you imagine how far this band and Axl would have come without those dark years of ostracism? I mean, CHD is a masterpiece, a wonderful album. Axl said he had 5 albums worth of material recorded in the Chi Dem sessions, almost 80 songs!!! I imagine great tunes, epic instrumental, Axl at his best, an extraordinary music revolution with an impact as hughe as the UYIs. Such a shame they never saw the light of the day. The truth is it will probably never be out. So much talented wasted...Youth doesn't come back Axl and we the fans regret it so much. I do care.

Oh My God was already officially released on an album.

I do agree that it is a huge loss for music that Axl has only released one album of original music over roughly the last twenty years.

Can you imagine how amazing it would be if Axl had released four albums of original music, B-sides of all those covers and unreleased songs, and dvds of the illusion material, an acoustic album and the making of CD.

That's right, I see no commitment as a band, no motivation at all to release new music, to explore new sounds, to be part of the indsutry. No interest in Axl to go back to the studio. It's a torture for him, to much stress. He rather like touring without any pressure, out of the radar of the labels. Really sad and boring.

In regards of posthumous releases of old band material (e.g. demos, the Illusion doc), Rose refuses to release any of this as it will focus things on the old band and away from the new. Live Era was his parting shot and Live Era is all we will get.

Sure, I think that's the reason why Axl doens't release anything regarding the old band, he doesn't want them to be in the spotlinght, to share the rights, to remember him that era well past behind him. But there's so much new stuff he doesn't release either!!! that's what makes me wonder why...I love you man, but...why Axl?