Anyone else fucking tired of superhero movies?

arnold layne

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they are a load of fuckin' shit as i've been saying since forever, i'm glad someone fuckin' finally agrees.

Yeah, but look who it is eh? :lol:

I mean, all else besides, it's just the same tired old fuckin' story re-dressed over and over and over and over and over again. "But it's different this time". "oh really, how?" "well it's darker!". Someone put me to fuckin' bed, it's darker there as well :rolleyes:

Shut up you soppy tart and enjoy life you great big jessie! :lol:

Yes they are a load of fuckin' shit as i've been saying since forever, i'm glad someone fuckin' finally agrees.

I mean, all else besides, it's just the same tired old fuckin' story re-dressed over and over and over and over and over again. "But it's different this time". "oh really, how?" "well it's darker!". Someone put me to fuckin' bed, it's darker there as well :rolleyes:

I agree with Len. I'd rather be sleeping than watching some retarded Superman shit. God knows I don't get enough fucking sleep as it is, so I definitely AIN'T wasting any sleep time watching a superhero film. In fact, I think my slumbers are significantly more enjoyable than Batman. :D

I agree with Len. I'd rather be sleeping than watching some retarded Superman shit. God knows I don't get enough fucking sleep as it is, so I definitely AIN'T wasting any sleep time watching a superhero film. In fact, I think my slumbers are significantly more enjoyable than Batman. :D

Well the two of you can just go and fuck right off then! <_< If you love Len so much why don't you just go and marry him huh? <_<

Guest Len B'stard

Alright well you enjoy life watching Batman and i'll see if i can't find something better to do with my fucking self at 29 years of age than watching Batman :lol: At least the fuckin' TV Series was funny, i don't think i could stomach 90 plus minutes of watching Christian Bale taking himself way too seriously in a fucking rubber bat costume. I wonder if he was wearing it that time he had the rant at the cameraman :lol:

Well the two of you can just go and fuck right off then! <_< If you love Len so much why don't you just go and marry him huh? <_<

Take it easy sunshine! I'm already spoken for, as you know. :)

Alright well you enjoy life watching Batman and i'll see if i can't find something better to do with my fucking self at 29 years of age than watching Batman. At least the fuckin' TV Series was funny, i don't think i could stomach 90 plus minutes of watching Christian Bale taking himself way too seriously in a fucking rubber bat costume.

As opposed to taking himself far too seriously arguing about taking himself far too seriously on a GnR forum? :lol::P

I wonder if he was wearing it that time he had the rant at the cameraman :lol:

You mean on the Terminator set? Hahaha! You big fat quim! :lol:

Take it easy sunshine! I'm already spoken for, as you know. :)

Bloody good thing too! One of his lot and a ginger? Oh the humanity! :lol: The kids'd clash with all the furnishings! :lol:

Edited by Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

Alright, go on, look, you explain to me the appeal of Batman movies, in your view, lets have it :lol: Was that the Terminator set? I'm not sure, i just remember hearing it and wondering why someone didn't knock the shit out of him, the arrogant cunt. But no, go on, while we're on topic, explain to me the appeal of Batman movies, from a Dazey McLeod perspective, lets have ya :lol:

EDIT: Actually, i've been a ginger before, i thought it looked fantastic. Tried bleaching my hair it came out fuckin' ginger :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

EDIT: Actually, i've been a ginger before, i thought it looked fantastic. Tried bleaching my hair it came out fuckin' ginger :lol:

Hahahaha! Who woulda thought hey? Ginger rocks!

Actually, I thought the whole superhero thing was a male/female thing. As a chick I can't really see the appeal of the whole genre. Although I did enjoy Heath Ledger in that Batman movie. Although I always tended to prefer him without lots of smeared lipstick. ( :wub:) His performance was great though and well deserved of the Oscar that year.

Edited by Redhead74

Alright, go on, look, you explain to me the appeal of Batman movies, in your view, lets have it :lol: Was that the Terminator set? I'm not sure, i just remember hearing it and wondering why someone didn't knock the shit out of him, the arrogant cunt. But no, go on, while we're on topic, explain to me the appeal of Batman movies, from a Dazey McLeod perspective, lets have ya :lol:

Weeeeeell, it's just a laugh innit you soppy mare? I mean escapism and all that cobblers like when you're a little kid and you see all these cool gadgets and wotnot. Y'know like Batmobiles and grappling hooks and all that. It's just a laugh and that's about all there is to it. I mean look at something like the avengers when you've got the Hulk knocking fuck out of everything and wotnot. It's just amusing to the overgrown schoolboy in us all innit?

Hahaha! Same here funnily enough only mine went fuckin' canary yellow and then ginger when I went to get it "corrected" at the salon. :lol: Was quite surreal actually. I actually had abuse shouted at me in the street for being a ginge! :lol:

Edited by Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

Weeeeeell, it's just a laugh innit you soppy mare? I mean escapism and all that cobblers like when you're a little kid and you see all these cool gadgets and wotnot. Y'know like Batmobiles and grappling hooks and all that. It's just a laugh and that's about all there is to it. I mean look at something like the avengers when you've got the Hulk knocking fuck out of everything and wotnot. It's just amusing to the overgrown schoolboy in us all innit?

Hahaha! Same here funnily enough only mine went fuckin' canary yellow and then ginger when I went to get it "corrected" at the salon. :lol: Was quite surreal actually. I actually had abuse shouted at me in the street for being a ginge! :lol:

Right OK, so escapism...but thats cinema on the whole though, isn't it? Specifics McLeod, i want specifics. Seeing people get the fuck knocked out of them well see, if i want to see that, there's a gentleman named Mike Tyson who does it better than anybody i ever heard of. And another one called Sonny Liston. And i feel the effectiveness of their engaging in their craft would be lessened somewhat if they were dressed as human-bats :lol: Are you understanding perhaps the ridiculousness of it? And you go on to talk about like, it appealing to the overgrown schoolboy in us all, well see, that'd work i guess but that ain't the audience for this shit, the audience for this shit ain't the "we like to watch people get the fuck knocked out of em" brigade, there's a lot better places to get that particular itch scratched...there's more to this shit, it's something else and i don't see what that something else is and so far, to date, in my life no ones been able to explain it to me.

Batman is like...what the people whoose Mums n Dads didn't let em watch Preadator watched :lol:

Right OK, so escapism...but thats cinema on the whole though, isn't it? Specifics McLeod, i want specifics. Seeing people get the fuck knocked out of them well see, if i want to see that, there's a gentleman named Mike Tyson who does it better than anybody i ever heard of. And another one called Sonny Liston. And i feel the effectiveness of their engaging in their craft would be lessened somewhat if they were dressed as human-bats :lol: Are you understanding perhaps the ridiculousness of it? And you go on to talk about like, it appealing to the overgrown schoolboy in us all, well see, that'd work i guess but that ain't the audience for this shit, the audience for this shit ain't the "we like to watch people get the fuck knocked out of em" brigade, there's a lot better places to get that particular itch scratched...there's more to this shit, it's something else and i don't see what that something else is and so far, to date, in my life no ones been able to explain it to me.

Batman is like...what the people whoose Mums n Dads didn't let em watch Preadator watched :lol:

I wasn't allowed to watch Predator until I was about ten so fuck off! :lol:

Superhero movies are just fun! They blow up things a lot, lots of over the top fights, not that much talking, some good chases, it's ridicullous, very simple and fun. Since I am simple minded, it's just right.

Edited by MBRose

Those superhero movies are too over the top to take serious. I am tired of them indeed. I'd love to see a GREAT Lovercraft adaptation once, like the one Del Torro was planning to do of "At The Mountains of Madness".

Edited by st0n3r

I guess I just prefer films about real people, more with dialogue than action. I'm interested in the subtle interactions between people and superheroes don't appear to be that great at that. Give me a French film anyday, I say! :D

Actually I'm lying a bit there. I loved any Leslie Nielson film and they weren't about subtle human interactions. :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Agreed. And they weren't even funny to begin with either. Never been a big one for spoofs.

Airplane? :o Scary Movie 1 was actually alright. The rest were wank though.

i ain't seen Airplane since i was a boy man, i don't remember fuck all about it except liking it at the time but i was so young if it was a spoof i possibly didn't get fuck all that it was referring to.

Yes, frankly, if you mean the superheroes. It seems, at times, every character Marvel and DC have is being readied for the screen (come see Ambush Bug: The Movie!) but I don't think a lot of them translate well. Even the ones that do tend to be flogged to death.

There are however many comics which would make excellent films that get overlooked. Button Man from 2000AD for instance.

Agreed. And they weren't even funny to begin with either. Never been a big one for spoofs.

Airplane? :o Scary Movie 1 was actually alright. The rest were wank though.

i ain't seen Airplane since i was a boy man, i don't remember fuck all about it except liking it at the time but i was so young if it was a spoof i possibly didn't get fuck all that it was referring to.

Watch it now - classic.