The '90s Cartoon Thread

Vincent Vega

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it used to be on in the mornings really early on Channel 4, Tom Bosley, Mr Cunningham out of Happy Days, did the voice for the main character. Those poor animals getting their paws caught in the mean hunters traps, awwwww.

Haha...yes, poor animals. There were a lof of good Spanish cartoons at that time like "Dogtanian and the Three Muskehoundsly", "Around the world with Willy Fog" and especially "The 4 musicians of Bremen" and "The Fruitties". Loved all of them.

Oh i usta watch Dogtanian and the three muskerhounds too!!! And Around the World in 80 Days...i can almost remember the theme tune to that...something bout round the world in 80s days to find a pot of gold and we'll fly on the wide wings of the...something something :lol:

Haha... yes. I've never heard the English theme tune but I remember the Spanish one yet:

And the Dogtanian one:

Great memories!

Guest Len B'stard

It occured to me the other say that Ren from Ren and Stimpy is a take on Peter Lorre. God, the fuckin' bollocks that occupies my mind sometimes :lol: There i was, sitting on the train, my interior monologue going "Steempy, you fat bloated eediot!" :lol: So the next time you see someone on the train or the bus looking all thoughtful, head rested against his hand, looking like he's in some deep intellectual quagmire, he's probably thinking about a load of bollocks.

Edited by sugaraylen

Did anyone mention Gargoyles yet?

Man that was awesome, a real shame it got cancelled without a proper ending

Same thing happened with 90s Spiderman, he never got Mary Jane back, and the one that came back to him was a clone. And they just left it at that...

Yeah the Spiderman ending seemed so rushed with the whole 5 Spidermans v Carnage story

• 5 months later...

The Simpsons (was big in the 90s)

Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego?

Gravedale High

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters

Mother Goose and Grimm

Doug

Mighty Max

Ren & Stimpy

Rocko's Modern Life

The Rugrats

Tales from the Crypt

Hey Arnold!

Pepper Ann

Recess

Disney's Hercules

101 Dalmatians: The Series

Dexter's Labratory

Dial M for Monkey

Cow & Chicken

I Am Weasel

Johnny Bravo

The Critic

Duckman

The PJ's

South Park

Family Guy

Futurama

Guest Len B'stard

I love that, cartoons nowadays are shit man, they were great when i was a kid...think about that for a second :lol: They were great...when i was a kid. Hmmm...

Guest Len B'stard

Anyone remember Bravestarr with the fuckin' bionic cowboy bloke? Also, not exactly a cartoon but a kids show, anyone remember Grimms Fairytales with Rik Mayall? Sat my niece down in front of an episode of that off of youtube, she was fuckin' terrified bless her, i used to love that as a kid.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Have you seen Grimms Fairytales? The Rik Mayall one, check it out if you're a fan, they're only 10 mins a piece and he's amazing at em.

Have a watch tell me what you think, and that goes for anyone else reading this, go on, its only 10 mins, tell me you wouldn't've loved that as a kid :)

Edited by sugaraylen

Looney Tunes ~80's

Tom & Jerry ~80's

Voltron ~80's

He~Man~80's

GI~Joe ~80's

Thundercats ~80's

Scooby Doo~80's

Almost forgot Woody Wood Pecker, Under Dog and Mighty Mouse

Ren & Stimpy~ 90's

Pinky & the Brain~90's

Anyone remember Bravestarr with the fuckin' bionic cowboy bloke? Also, not exactly a cartoon but a kids show, anyone remember Grimms Fairytales with Rik Mayall? Sat my niece down in front of an episode of that off of youtube, she was fuckin' terrified bless her, i used to love that as a kid.

Grimms is the one with the little reaper character? If so good memory on that one!!

Video you put up isn't loading for me, which is why I ask.

Edited by T.wa.T

Shin Chan.

(I love anime but most of the ones I watched are older like Dr. Slump, Dashu Kappei, Saint Seiya, Heidi, Captain Tsubasa, Sailor Moon, etc.)

Wow, I always thought Shin-Chan was really old because of the awful animation. It only started airing in 1992.

If we're counting anime, my favorites are Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Trigun, Berserk, Case Closed/Detective Conan, and Serial Experiments Lain. And I guess Batman TAS for a non-Japanese one.

Remember the elephant show? Sharon Lois and brahm? I think they were from Canada. And zoobele zoo lol.

King Babar?

Wasn't that cartoon French?

Ya babar was French and Sharon Lois and Brahms elephant show is different. Skima da rink a dink a doo skinma da dinky doo iiii loooove youuuu... Haha don't remember that?