Would you support a new and innovative MSL style scheme to secure new songs for the fanbase?

Guest NGOG

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Would you, in this seemingly optimismless era as far as the release of the follow-up to Chinese Democracy, support a brand new scheme to secure unheard material or do you feel such a measure is too early and are willing to wait on Axl?

It's been four years since the release of Chinese Democracy with no official statement regarding the future of GN'R's discography.

I personally feel such a scheme to be unnecessary as I genuinely think a new Guns N' Roses album is an inevitable reality. How about you? If rumours of a below-board heist were underway would you report it to the camp out of fear for the integrity of the next release, turn a blind eye out of desire for more Buckethead, or actively facilitate the plot in whatever way you can?

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone really likes this band, I don't understand why they would do things that would sabotage their plans. And the blackmail from other members is even more slimy.

Imagine if you were working on something and it wasn't finished. You would rather someone hear/see the work after you feel it is ready. Taking it from the artist early is a slap in the face.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I'd like to hear new stuff.

Who wouldn't. The question is what sort of patience do you currently have. Do you support a devious masterplan, or are you content to wait it out?

probably would, as long as we find a way to keep it small, I mean the tracks should not be realesed for the whole world but for a few people (Members of this forum while we avoid giving them to the entire world or upload them in youtube, mediafire or anywhere else) in order to do no harm to the sales of the next album, like it happened with Chinese Democracy... If we can manage to do that then I don't see what would be the problem in doing it.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

If someone really likes this band, I don't understand why they would do things that would sabotage their plans.

I don't think it's a matter of sabotaging plans. The fans resent, whether justifiably or not, this wait in the darkness. A wait that doesn't necessarily lead to what everybody is hoping for.

Would you, in this seemingly optimismless era as far as the release of the follow-up to Chinese Democracy, support a brand new scheme to secure unheard material or do you feel such a measure is too early and are willing to wait on Axl?

It's been four years since the release of Chinese Democracy with no official statement regarding the future of GN'R's discography.

I personally feel such a scheme to be unnecessary as I genuinely think a new Guns N' Roses album is an inevitable reality. How about you? If rumours of a below-board heist were underway would you report it to the camp out of fear for the integrity of the next release, turn a blind eye out of desire for more Buckethead, or actively facilitate the plot in whatever way you can?

Well no one here has the balls to admit they illegally download, or downloaded the leaks...hey i did, but i also bought chinese democracy. we all did.

I'm not gonna risk my life to leak shit..but if shit leaks, oh im downloading it.

I wouldn't support it, but if the songs were out I sure as hell would download them.

Exactly.

And I would also buy the new album when it was released.

And any member on here who says they wouldn't listen to a leak - especially with no record release date - is lying.

I feel like the fans have given him plenty of time over the years to get his shit together and get on some kind of schedule. He is completely incapable of putting out product to satisfy the fan base. One of the reasons GNR was initially such a success was because they released stuff to keep the fanbase interested ("Lies", KOHD on Days of Thunder, "Civil War" on the Romanian Angel Appeal release, the Tokyo VHS releases while on tour, TSI only 4 months after the UYI tour ended, "Sympathy For The Devil") The old band was out there and made sure the fans didn't forget them. We are a select few who follow every show the band puts on but most people don't care unless they are really putting forth an effort to be in the public eye. We supported him while he fucked around for years on end and we've supported him while he tours all over the place twice when he could be releasing music before he has lost his voice for good. Believe me if anything becomes available I will find a way to get my hands on it because we've all given him enough time to release it himself.

Well no one here has the balls to admit they illegally download, or downloaded the leaks...hey i did, but i also bought chinese democracy. we all did.

I'm not gonna risk my life to leak shit..but if shit leaks, oh im downloading it.

I downloaded the leaks, Ilstened to the tracks on Youtube, I bought the album in physical and digital (iTunes) form too. I've been to half a dozen shows since 2007 (only so few because they've only been to Australia once since then) and have bought plenty of merch. My "stealing" of those tracks didn't cost GNR one cent. I paid for a movie ticket to go and see the O2 concert (which was inevitably refunded) and I'll pay to see them next year, should they turn up downunder.

I don't think the leaks hurt GNR's sales at all. Did anyone here NOT buy CD after they heard those leaks?

Edited by JJskewl

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Did anyone here NOT buy CD after they heard those leaks?

The CD industry is not dependent on the loyalty of existing hardcore fans of a specific act. When a lot of music listeners heard the leaks they were frankly disturbed by the revolutionized GN'R sound and therefore opted not buy a physical copy of the album in its entirety.

Did anyone not buyr CD after buying the leaks... Probably.

I remember listening to Stern when he got the I.R.S. leak and totally trashed it saying Axl was way too deep in the mix probably because he doesn't have it anymore. I'm willing to bet that may have caused some people to dismiss the album way before it was out.

I do not support stealing. If and when Axl wants to share it, so be it.

This.

You guys will be blaring "This I Love Pt. 2". You will be the coolest old guys in the nursing home.

Oh fuck off. You're the one posting on a Guns n Roses message board running your mouth with your cooler-than-thou attitude. Cut me a fucking break. Everyone sees right through you.

Edited by brainsaber

This.

You guys will be blaring "This I Love Pt. 2". You will be the coolest old guys in the nursing home.

Oh fuck off. You're the one posting on a Guns n Roses message board running your mouth with your cooler-than-thou attitude. Cut me a fucking break. Everyone sees right through you.

I'm not satisfied with your overreaction.

If you aspire to be a true Internet Warrior -- you must completely lose your sense of humor, and write flaming, dyslexic messages (you're close) defending your ardent support of Nü GN'R, and "This I Lol".

This.

I'm not satisfied with your overreaction.

If you aspire to be a true Internet Warrior -- you must completely lose your sense of humor, and write flaming, dyslexic messages (you're close) defending your ardent support of Nü GN'R, and "This I Lol".

Overreaction? Keep telling yourself that.

You're the one posting on a Guns n Roses message board running your mouth with your holier-than-thou wannabe elite super fan attitude.

You're the one who follows me around quoting my posts waaaaay more often than I quote yours. Who's overreacting again?

And don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think you're smart enough to acquire those vault tracks anyway. So keep running your mouth like you can do anything about it anyway. But hey, go ahead and support the operation all you want, mister superfan.

Edited by brainsaber