Unreleased GNR songs (No, they aren't from Chinese Era)

MattElias

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I dont like MSL, he has done a lot more than the average joe has as far as getting unheared music... pretty much a one trick pony that will never happen again.

I would also would like to help out MSL's friend Chasyn Rance get on impact wrestling... vote here: http://twtpoll.com/y87ed7

According to MSL the songs left over wont be CD2they were meant for another album. Fortus songs werent used for CD because was a stand alone album. Thats what i understood from what he was saying. And the last rumor out of universal was that the next one could be self titled.

I remember hearing it would be self titled as well. That would be a hell of alot better then CD2

What are you guys talking about...?

Anywhere I could get a high quality download think for these unreleased songs?

If you PM me I can get you a lot of them.

As much as I dont like MSL, he has done a lot more than the average joe has as far as getting unheared music... pretty much a one trick pony that will never happen again.

I would also would like to help out MSL's friend Chasyn Rance get on impact wrestling... vote here: http://twtpoll.com/y87ed7

According to MSL the songs left over wont be CD2they were meant for another album. Fortus songs werent used for CD because was a stand alone album. Thats what i understood from what he was saying. And the last rumor out of universal was that the next one could be self titled.

I remember hearing it would be self titled as well. That would be a hell of alot better then CD2

What are you guys talking about...?

Anywhere I could get a high quality download think for these unreleased songs?

If you PM me I can get you a lot of them.

We were talkin about the name for the new album..

Jman2000 this is the version I been tryin to tell you about, mine wasnt remastered though, remember I had it on cassette from back in 88 - 89ish..where n what is this from?? Ok this is from the 'live from the Jungle' EP.. Its crowd overdubs. Was this recorded during the Live like a Suicide sessions or Lies???

Oh yep I have Live From the Jungle. I can't believe I didn't think of that... It was after Live Like a Suicide. 1,4, and 5 were from the Marquee. 2 and 3 have crowd over dubs. Move to the City (3) was the same one from Live Like a Suicide.

Can you list all the songs, because Im thinking thats what was confusiing me the other night, remember I thought it was from the Marquee..

Oh ok. They couldn't self title a new album... they already used up that on Live From the Jungle! B-)

Is that official or bootleg??

Official. Totally official. It was only released in Japan though. Vinyl, cassette, and CD.

Jman2000 this is the version I been tryin to tell you about, mine wasnt remastered though, remember I had it on cassette from back in 88 - 89ish..where n what is this from?? Ok this is from the 'live from the Jungle' EP.. Its crowd overdubs. Was this recorded during the Live like a Suicide sessions or Lies???

Oh yep I have Live From the Jungle. I can't believe I didn't think of that... It was after Live Like a Suicide. 1,4, and 5 were from the Marquee. 2 and 3 have crowd over dubs. Move to the City (3) was the same one from Live Like a Suicide.

Can you list all the songs, because Im thinking thats what was confusiing me the other night, remember I thought it was from the Marquee..

It's So Easy (Live)

Shadow of Your Love (Over Dubs)

Move to the City (Over Dubs, Live Like a Suicide version)

Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Live)

Whole Lotta Rosie (Live)

Sweet Child O' Mine (Studio)

Oh ok. They couldn't self title a new album... they already used up that on Live From the Jungle! B-)

Official. Totally official. It was only released in Japan though. Vinyl, cassette, and CD.

It's So Easy (Live)

Whole Lotta Rosie (Live)

So that ends it!!! Lol now I know after 20+ years were it came from, only difference was mine didnt have Sweet Child. Thanks Man!!!!

Thats awesome its official,and on vinyl,its probably really rare.

It's So Easy (Live)

Whole Lotta Rosie (Live)

So that ends it!!! Lol now I know after 20+ years were it came from, only difference was mine didnt have Sweet Child. Thanks Man!!!!

Thats awesome its official,and on vinyl,its probably really rare.

Yep it's pretty rare. I'd like to get a copy myself someday. I haven't seen many cassettes (same with Live Like a Suicide). A week or two ago I saw a Live Like a Suicide cassette for buy it now on ebay $60. I wish I would have bought it.

Really depends. If it is CD 2, in that it was meant as a double cd and there's a second part which basically done at the same time. But looking at the evidence it seems like there was other songs but done in different style to CD, different theme. Possibily more aggreesive, more electronica with full guitars. CD sounds very much like UYI 3 almost. They had studio time to go wild and do anything. If the later is the case then maybe CD II isnt right or never was considered.

But the Self Titled idea takes it away from the left over CD material altogether. Self titled to me infers more of a definitive statement type record. Which I guess again could just be another version of CD with more of a hard rock finish.

So you've got

CD II - same as CD, more aggressive

not CD II - aggressive electronica with full guitars

self titled - a new record, definitive statement, getting back to more hard rock sound

if it's self titled they might as well call it Shit Storm. bcos that's what's gonna happen.

Really depends. If it is CD 2, in that it was meant as a double cd and there's a second part which basically done at the same time. But looking at the evidence it seems like there was other songs but done in different style to CD, different theme. Possibily more aggreesive, more electronica with full guitars. CD sounds very much like UYI 3 almost. They had studio time to go wild and do anything. If the later is the case then maybe CD II isnt right or never was considered.

But the Self Titled idea takes it away from the left over CD material altogether. Self titled to me infers more of a definitive statement type record. Which I guess again could just be another version of CD with more of a hard rock finish.

So you've got

self titled - a new record, definitive statement, getting back to more hard rock sound

if it's self titled they might as well call it Shit Storm. bcos that's what's gonna happen.

Ok, Im w ya on that. If theres some kind of under lying theme to connect the two, then that would cool,as far as CD2

If its self titled I would like to see something like an AC/DC Back in Black look or Judas Preist. Hell even Appetite, ya know that look where its like real simple n original looking and your like whats this?,than when you hit play BOOM you get your ass handed to you. 12 tracks balls out. Nice Plain cover kinda like my avi except black back ground.

So you've got

Ok, Im w ya on that. If theres some kind of under lying theme to connect the two, then that would cool,as far as CD2

If its self titled I would like to see something like an AC/DC Back in Black look or Judas Preist. Hell even Appetite, ya know that look where its like real simple n original looking and your like whats this?,than when you hit play BOOM you get your ass handed to you. 12 tracks balls out. Nice Plain cover kinda like my avi except black back ground.

I was thinking a plain red cover. Beatles have the white album, Metalica had the Black album. The GH went for the gun metal. Self title could be roses red. like a close up of a rose or something. or Axl's snakeskin jacket.

Like Pearl Jam's self titled had an advacardo on the front. So something abstract like that. A mature hard rock record, heavy but not quite as sleazy as AFD.

Its a product of its time. Its pretty unique blend. Maybe it will be somewhere between UYI and CD. I expect Dj to give it commercial edge.

Funny you say that,I always thought it to be ahead of its time. CD that is. The style of Buckethead n Bumble, the casual fan isnt ready for that,and the tones they play, casual listeners ear isnt used to what their hearing. Its not the same 3 chords with some distotion. Its kind of thought out for a change, for better or worse.

Agree about DJ, I think he was brought in for that exact reason, to bring it back to earth a little bit.

Its a product of its time. Its pretty unique blend. Maybe it will be somewhere between UYI and CD. I expect Dj to give it commercial edge.

Funny you say that,I always thought it to be ahead of its time. CD that is. The style of Buckethead n Bumble, the casual fan isnt ready for that,and the tones they play, casual listeners ear isnt used to what their hearing. Its not the same 3 chords with some distotion. Its kind of thought out for a change, for better or worse.

Agree about DJ, I think he was brought in for that exact reason, to bring it back to earth a little bit.

The idea to mix clssic rock and nu metal seems ahead of the curve. The production from andy wallace, baker, cazam, pro tools seems from that time. It sounds like Angel Dust meets Night at the opera played by Rage against the machine. I suppose ive listened to post rock stuff so im used to what bucket or ron do.

I would go for Beat the Devils Tattoo by BRMC meets Fever by Bullet for my Valentine. Ross Robinson could produce.

Edited by wasted

The idea to mix clssic rock and nu metal seems ahead of the curve. The production from andy wallace, baker, cazam, pro tools seems from that time. It sounds like Angel Dust meets Night at the opera played by Rage against the machine.

I would go for Beat the Devils Tattoo by BRMC meets Fever by Bullet for my Valentine. Ross Robinson could produce.

Yup, to much confusion, and it shouldnt have been like that nor should it in the future.

I like your take. Though Im not quite sure who Ross Robinson has produced (should I).

BFMV, hes best known for Korn i think maybe Slipnot.

The idea to mix clssic rock and nu metal seems ahead of the curve. The production from andy wallace, baker, cazam, pro tools seems from that time. It sounds like Angel Dust meets Night at the opera played by Rage against the machine.

Yup, to much confusion, and it shouldnt have been like that nor should it in the future.

I like your take. Though Im not quite sure who Ross Robinson has produced (should I).

Gotcha, Ive seen em open for Guns ( BfMV) but honestly not to familiar w their music, was listening to BRMC (Devils Waiting) the other day though, just started getting into them.

He produced Korn, Slipknot, BFMV, Sepultra, Machinehead. Wasp lol

Gotcha, Ive seen em open for Guns ( BfMV) but honestly not to familiar w their music, was listening to BRMC (Devils Waiting) the other day though, just started getting into them.

ILike that song Bad Blood by black rebel. Fever is like motely meets megadeth. Thats their best album.

Black Parade whoever produced that got it right.

ILike that song Bad Blood by black rebel. Fever is like motely meets megadeth. Thats their best album.

Yeah I was gettin into Devils Waiting, BR, it was a live version though, the kind you smoke a joint to. Cool I'll check fever out for sure, they were damn good live.

Edited by T.wa.T

Yeah I was gettin into Devils Waiting, BR, it was a live version though, the kind you smoke a joint to. Cool I'll check fever out for sure, they were damn good live.

Fever and Bittersweet Memories seem like they could be GNR songs. The whole is about his stripper girlfriend. Your Betrayal also pretty good.

I was listeing to Beat in the devils tattoo cos i heard it on End of Watch.