Ultimate Classic Rock: "Guns N'Roses should be performing at Super Bowl instead of Beyonce"

bumblecool

http://ultimateclass...-super-bowl-47/

5) Guns N’ Roses

Talk about a killer set. Can you just imagine how freakin’ awesome it would be to see Axl Rose and company tear it up on classics like ‘Paradise City,’ ‘Welcome to the Jungle’ or ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’ in such a great setting? Yes, perhaps the split-second timing needed to get the show started would be a bit… stressful for some backstage producer, but that’s their problem, not ours!

Edited by bumblecool

Axl isn't professional enough and neither is his management to pull off something like that. Every single high profile broadcast of this band has been a shambles.

Pretty much this...

Axl is way too hit and miss. Just picture a Rock in Rio type of performance at the Superbowl and the type of "publicity" it would create for the band.

Say what you wish about Beyonce but while she's not very rock n' roll, she is one of the most consistent performers out there.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I don't think the NFL will approach GN'R on the basis of other recent streamed performances, namely RIR. The officials need a safe bet like Beyonce who is an esteemed professional with consistent vocals. However I don't think anybody would oppoose the appropriacy of GN'R's catalogue, and if Axl could achieve some degree of vocal consistency and power like 2006 or 2010, it would be opportunity the camp should seize. That said Axl would have to invest in a lot of preparation, and I don't mean a couple of hours pre-show which a lot of people falsely attempt to construe as adequate.

Maybe if AEG was producing the halftime, they probably would have been on the top 5 list.

If it's pre-taped, maybe, but to get on and off the field in 15 minutes, I don't think Axl would want to be involved in something that puts him in a stadium full of people and has to be on and off in 15, except bragging rights for appearing at halftime, just based on how the VMAs went. It's a LOT of scrutiny after it's over.

They'd prob. get booked for a private show in New Orleans if anything.

It would be a great gig for them, considering they play GnR songs at all the major sporting venues. Axls voice is to unreliable,to do this event broadcast to millions. If he did it and pulled it off, it would do wonders for this version of Guns, but if not, ohhhh the horror.

Hahaha fuckin hell there you go folks, NuGNR delusion at its finest :lol:

The Axl Rose Defence Force. As effective as Frank Drebin :lol:

Frank_Drebin.gif

The funniest thing is how now the fanboys are acting like this random website is the greatest website ever!!!!

Whenever a website posts something negative about Axl or GnR, they go in revolt proclaiming how terrible the website is...........but when one is positive towards Axl, then it is like the website was created by God himself and all things concerning that website shall be praised and worshipped. (At least until they post a positive story about Slash).