Has anyone here ever met Axl??

ace3494

I never met Axl but I did meet Beta and she was super nice. Believe it or not, I once found a dog while in Malibu. I was driving down the PCH on a foggy night. I stopped in the middle of the street and saw 2 eyes glowing. Called him over to my car and he was super friendly. Jumped right in. I called the number on the tag and a lady answered. I said I had her dog. She gave me directions to her house which contained a familiar name someone used as a name on HTGTH and it made me think wtf? So I asked her what her name was and she said Beta. So I freaked out because it was like a year or 2, maybe 3 after rock in rio 3 where Axl had her on the stage with him... so I knew exactly who it was. I drove up this fuckin canyon with fog and Axl's wolf in my back seat. I pulled up to the gates in the Estranged video and they opened up. Beta came out. Talked to me about the dog. Said he gets out often. Thanked me. Said her boss just went to bed. I never mentioned to her that I knew it was Axl. I didnt want to freak her out. But thats the closest I ever came. I had the phone number for a while. Never used it. Never went back. Always wanted to meet Axl to tell him I found his dog but thats the closest I ever came to meeting him. Thats why I get pissed when people talk shit about Beta. Sometimes when you meet someone and you can tell that they are a really good person and she was.

Edited by tr420
  • Like 1

I did in las vegas a few months ago. Got a picture.. he is very nice.

This. It was awesome. Met Ron and Del too.

Brainsaber, HRS has shared his story before and has no reason to lie. I think it's a fairly accurate description of the place Axl was in at that time.

i guess the complexity of human beings allows for someone to be a nice and gracious owner of a lost pet while simultaneously being a bad manager / life coach.

Beta and her family get insulted unfairly a lot on here. It's one thing to respectfully disagree with her managerial decisions, but it is quite another thing to say that her and her family are gold diggers who are simply using Axl. For the record, she was super nice to me when I met her, and she really went out of her way to introduce my friend and I to Axl.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Mainly from my reading on the internet, those WHO HAVE MET Beta confirmed that she is a nice person, but those WHO HAVE NEVER MET her keep bitching about how nasty she is.

Apart from Marc's son's Bar Mitzvah incident, I have never read anything bad that she had done. Why so much hate?

Mainly from my reading on the internet, those WHO HAVE MET Beta confirmed that she is a nice person, but those WHO HAVE NEVER MET her keep bitching about how nasty she is.

Apart from Marc's son's Bar Mitzvah incident, I have never read anything bad that she had done. Why so much hate?

Honestly, it's for 3 reasons: jealousy, sexism, and the fact she's not trying to force a reunion. It drives them bonkers.

Honestly, it's for 3 reasons: jealousy, sexism, and the fact she's not trying to force a reunion. It drives them bonkers.

So full of anger and angst. In every toipic. If you could ever get past your "I must be the forum police and insult anybody that has a different opinion than I do" and just chat with people normally, then you wouldn't be thought of as such a joke on here.

The majority of "hate" I've ever read on this forum is tied directly to her work as manager of the band. There are some comments about going from being a nanny to a manager..........but isn't that what she actually did?

Jealousy...........who is jealous? Beside's Thomas Meadows, who here has shared any interest of being the band's manager?

Sexisim...........please. One of the dumbest things you've ever posted. You posted that PURELY as an insult, even though you know it isn' true.

People going bonkers because Beta's influence over a reunion? The only one of the three reasons you posted that has validity to it. Why is this an issue that makes you go bonkers? More people loved the original band than loves the current one. A reunion tour would sell way more tickets then the next leg of the CD tour. Millions of fans grew up with the classic line-up and would love to have it back. That lineup ruled the rock world, they put out albums - things that Axl isn't doing now. Millions of people think that a 50-year-old man carrying grudges like Axl does is pretty immature. More people than not would rather see Axl reunite with the band members who made GnR famous, as opposed to another album with guys who had nothing to do with making GnR an all-time great. Beta is clearly against the reunion (which you admit).........so why wouldn't fans of the real GnR be upset with her job as manager of GnR???? Not to mention her role in managing the band to playing weddings, following in Motley Crue's footsteps for gigs, and now joining people like Kip Winger on baseball cards. Not to mention the lack of music released by GnR. Can you really blame people for not liking her managerial skills?

I'm sure you'll end your response with "Axl wins, baby"...........so sure. Axl wins, while millions of his fans and rock music loses. That's something to be proud of? How about Axl wins by releasing music that kicks ass?

brainfart pwned again? hahaha. thanks for the post HRS!

Too funny.

Some people care more about insulting people than they do just having conversations about the band this forum is dedicated to.

I didn't insult anyone. I just am calling bullshit on HRS's story in general. I strongly believe there's some embellishment and exaggeration going on there.

Interesting that you look the other way at people insulting me, even though I insulted no one. It's okay though, you're the one who accused the mods of deleting a thread they didn't, because as is typically the case, you're just on autopilot.

You called him a liar - that is an insult.

I didn't accuse them. I asked "why" in the support section......pretty big difference. And I got an answer. So that actually worked out exactly like it should have.

Why would I comment on people insulting you? All you do is insult people and derail threads anytime somebody isn't kissing Axl and the new band's ass.

And you sent me a PM where you said you hated me. Why would I defend somebody like you? I can't stand people who focus on the negative in every issue like you do. The forum should be a place for people of all opinions to come and chat about the band. There would be some fantastic debates by people with opposing opinions, if not for guys like you who imediately go into insult mode and turn those debates into mudslinging fights.

And besides, pretty much everybody on this forum except for volcano calls you names (maybe there is a reason for that). My role here isn't to defend people, or to defend Axl. It's to chat about my favorite rock singer and his band. I come here for enjoyment - not to fight with people.

Edited by Groghan

So full of anger and angst. In every toipic. If you could ever get past your "I must be the forum police and insult anybody that has a different opinion than I do" and just chat with people normally, then you wouldn't be thought of as such a joke on here.

The majority of "hate" I've ever read on this forum is tied directly to her work as manager of the band. There are some comments about going from being a nanny to a manager..........but isn't that what she actually did?

Jealousy...........who is jealous? Beside's Thomas Meadows, who here has shared any interest of being the band's manager?

Sexisim...........please. One of the dumbest things you've ever posted. You posted that PURELY as an insult, even though you know it isn' true.

People going bonkers because Beta's influence over a reunion? The only one of the three reasons you posted that has validity to it. Why is this an issue that makes you go bonkers? More people loved the original band than loves the current one. A reunion tour would sell way more tickets then the next leg of the CD tour. Millions of fans grew up with the classic line-up and would love to have it back. That lineup ruled the rock world, they put out albums - things that Axl isn't doing now. Millions of people think that a 50-year-old man carrying grudges like Axl does is pretty immature. More people than not would rather see Axl reunite with the band members who made GnR famous, as opposed to another album with guys who had nothing to do with making GnR an all-time great. Beta is clearly against the reunion (which you admit).........so why wouldn't fans of the real GnR be upset with her job as manager of GnR???? Not to mention her role in managing the band to playing weddings, following in Motley Crue's footsteps for gigs, and now joining people like Kip Winger on baseball cards. Not to mention the lack of music released by GnR. Can you really blame people for not liking her managerial skills?

I'm sure you'll end your response with "Axl wins, baby"...........so sure. Axl wins, while millions of his fans and rock music loses. That's something to be proud of? How about Axl wins by releasing music that kicks ass?

That entire wall of text for this? "Honestly, it's for 3 reasons: jealousy, sexism, and the fact she's not trying to force a reunion. It drives them bonkers."

No angst. No anger. No forum policing. You fail. Nice wall of text though. Very dramatic. Very poignant.

Tell me, who's angry? The guy who made an observation. Or the guy who wrote a wall of text attempting to refute every single thing in the one-sentence observation? Oops.

Your interpretations of what I said lend themselves to your rebuttals. Unfortunately for you, the words I used encompass more than the scope you conveniently attributed to them.

I didn't accuse them. I asked "why" in the support section......pretty big difference. And I got an answer. So that actually worked out exactly like it should have.

Why would I comment on people insulting you? All you do is insult people and derail threads anytime somebody isn't kissing Axl and the new band's ass.

And you sent me a PM where you said you hated me. Why would I defend somebody like you? I can't stand people who focus on the negative in every issue like you do. The forum should be a place for people of all opinions to come and chat about the band. There would be some fantastic debates by people with opposing opinions, if not for guys like you who imediately go into insult mode and turn those debates into mudslinging fights.

And besides, pretty much everybody on this forum except for volcano calls you names (maybe there is a reason for that). My role here isn't to defend people, or to defend Axl. It's to chat about my favorite rock singer and his band. I come here for enjoyment - not to fight with people.

Another wall of text. You're really on a roll! Who's angry? Anytime you want to ignore me, go for it. But you seem to be unable to.

I'm not even going to bother responding to all your lies. Oh whoops I forgot, that's a big insult in your book. I am ever so sorry. But it is true: you did spew a lot of lies in there. Not the most respectable debate tactic, but hey whatever floats your boat.

You seem to be quite confused. And if you examined your claims, you would see how errant they are. I single out those who constantly insult Axl and the band. Of course you're okay with people doing that. That doesn't bother you. Hell, you even cover for them, saying their just "offering their opinions." Such bullshit. Another example in the long list of your double standards. You have no problem with diceman or hrs repeatedly insulting Axl and the band. Why is that? This is a fan forum. There's a difference between criticizing and talking shit. Both those guys fall in the latter category and right now this very moment you can their posting histories and see a clear pattern of negativity towards Axl and the band. So you can wag your finger at me all you want. You won't wag your finger at them and that's why I will never respect you as a human being.

Edited by brainsaber

Groghan, I can see why you're upset, but why do you think Beta has ended up as Axl's manager? If it wasn't her, he'd have someone else as manager who did what he wanted (I.e. not push for reunion tour, promote CD, etc.). At least with Beta he's got someone who genuinely cares for him. Axl's decisions are made by him and him alone. No manager is ever going to be able to force him to reunite with Slash. As sad as that may be, Beta and co. are merely enablers. If Axl really wanted to get back with the old band, he would have done so by now. Most that could be said is that she exacerbates an existing unwillingness on Axl's part to do any of the above.

Groghan, I can see why you're upset, but why do you think Beta has ended up as Axl's manager? If it wasn't her, he'd have someone else as manager who did what he wanted (I.e. not push for reunion tour, promote CD, etc.). At least with Beta he's got someone who genuinely cares for him. Axl's decisions are made by him and him alone. No manager is ever going to be able to force him to reunite with Slash. As sad as that may be, Beta and co. are merely enablers. If Axl really wanted to get back with the old band, he would have done so by now. Most that could be said is that she exacerbates an existing unwillingness on Axl's part to do any of the above.

This.

So many Axl threads D:! Fuck we need news.....

Can't agree more.

Back in the day (I know...take your shots) I woulda given my left but to meet Axl....I probably would as (again take shots) he's my favorite all time singer as he WAS the best they made. With that said a wise man once said 'you never want to meet your heros' as only one way to go.....they'll never meet your expectations.

Edited by Snowmass

brainfart pwned again? hahaha. thanks for the post HRS!

Too funny.

Some people care more about insulting people than they do just having conversations about the band this forum is dedicated to.

I didn't insult anyone. I just am calling bullshit on HRS's story in general. I strongly believe there's some embellishment and exaggeration going on there.

Interesting that you look the other way at people insulting me, even though I insulted no one. It's okay though, you're the one who accused the mods of deleting a thread they didn't, because as is typically the case, you're just on autopilot.

Wow, actually everything brainsaber said is 100 percent accurate.... also.. do you think Beta makes decisions? Im pretty sure she does a great job as manager. Booking tours, turning down interviews, paying the band and crew etc...

What?

Am sorry, what? on what?

Daria wants to hear story- Slash was at Marc's sons Bar Mitzvah (this is after he & Axl broke up) and Axl was too. When Slash came in room Beta (couldn't fathom her Axl & Slash in same room again) left room and it was obvious. Atleast that's how story went I believe.

What?

Am sorry, what? on what?

Daria wants to hear story- Slash was at Marc's sons Bar Mitzvah (this is after he & Axl broke up) and Axl was too. When Slash came in room Beta (couldn't fathom her Axl & Slash in same room again) left room and it was obvious. Atleast that's how story went I believe.

Thanks Snowmass. Sorry Daria as I didn't get what you asked.

The story I read was, Marc's son went up the stage to perform on his guitar, and Slash joined him on stage, and that was when Beta walked out of the room, and only came back when Slash was done playing.

Snowmass, in all the version of the story told, never once I read about Axl being there. If indeed he was there, then I would safely give Beta the benefit of the doubt (like I mentioned in the other thread earlier today, but more like jokingly there) that Beta didn't leave the room because of Slash, since nobody commented that Axl left the room too. If Axl wasn't moved negatively by Slash performing, I don't see why Beta would.

Now, if Axl wasn't there.... then the theory of Beta loathing seeing Slash on stage holds water. But if Beta hates Slash so much, much more than Axl does (so it seems the way people make it here) wouldn't she have left the party right when she saw Slash was there?

IDK...things like this are petty compared to the real news on new album.

Axl was friendly and gracious. He signed for everyone that waited after the show. He even had different colored Sharpies and would sign based on what color would work best for our items.

I never tonight that I would ever meet the guy that I've looked up to since I was 13 years old. He more than surpassed my expectations.

Axl was friendly and gracious. He signed for everyone that waited after the show. He even had different colored Sharpies and would sign based on what color would work best for our items.

I never tonight that I would ever meet the guy that I've looked up to since I was 13 years old. He more than surpassed my expectations.

Now that's really caring. :hug:

Now that's really caring. :hug:

Absolutely. Axl cares about the fans, no matter what some random cupcakes on the internet say.