Does anybody else wish MJ and Slash had done a whole album together?

Randy Lahey

I think if they would've sat down together and made something during the beginning of the 90s it would have been successful. but it would have had to been done correctly to the T. Can only be speculation at this point, but the direction of the album, whether it were more rock based or pop based would've made or broken it. A rock based album, consisting of a lot of long ballads with MJ's voice and Slash's guitar solos could have been amazing.

No, with Eddie on the other hand........

You're right. Eddie's Beat It solo was one of the defining moments of the 80's. In the 80's, Eddie and Michael could have perhaps made the greatest album of all time together.

Edited by Randy Lahey

No, with Eddie on the other hand........

Agreed. Eddie even altered Beat It's structure to fit his solo in and MJ loved what he did with the song.

Oh, and D.S. is awesome. But Give In To Me is on another level.

Edited by Zeppelin

Slash never played on Privacy, if you read the credits on Invincible it was actually a session musician. MJ calls out "Slash" before the solo, but Slash never recorded his part.

I often wonder if MJ hadn't died when he did, whether he would've done a song on Slash's first solo album. That would've been cool!

Oh, and D.S. is a great track!