GNR security guard on " Free Beer and hot wings"

AndreCC

I was at the show in Huntington, WV back in 2006. GNR came on over an hour after Papa Roach was done. I was front row and talking to security. They were told that Axl was refusing to come on stage unless a chiropractor was brought in and to prepare for a riot. The story was confirmed by more security outside after the show.

The show went on, so I'm assuming they found a chriopractor.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock in Rio IV (2011): Axl lost his flight to Brazil. They had to charter a private jet for him to come. Word is that concert was almost cancelled.

So SOAD finishing about an hour after they were scheduled to and the swimming pool of the stage go unmentioned... It should have been cancelled!

Rock in Rio IV (2011): Axl lost his flight to Brazil. They had to charter a private jet for him to come. Word is that concert was almost cancelled.

So SOAD finishing about an hour after they were scheduled to and the swimming pool of the stage go unmentioned... It should have been cancelled!

What? Why should it be mentioned? It almost got cancelled because Axl was irresponsable. It was the day of the concert and the promoters didn't even know if Axl would manage to be there. But yes, the concert started late because of the rain and the SOAD concert, but Axl almost fucked up everything by simply not showing up.

What? Why should it be mentioned? It almost got cancelled because Axl was irresponsable. It was the day of the concert and the promoters didn't even know if Axl would manage to be there. But yes, the concert started late because of the rain and the SOAD concert, but Axl almost fucked up everything by simply not showing up.

The fact that he did show up makes it all hearsay and moot.

Really? I woke up at 5 AM to be there and I slept again only at 7 AM of the next day, and Axl didn't even manage to get his flight? Look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-XwtiJLhcc

This is Guns N' Roses rehearsaling Oh My God on the soundcheck, earlier that day. Do you hear any Axl? It was his first concert on almost an year and he didn't even go to the soundcheck. So what that he showed up? Showing up was the minimum.

Axl 1992 would have cancelled in a heart beat under those conditions.

He should have at least said something on stage, some kind of rant.

System Of A Down concert lasted on hour more than it should, that's ridiculous. It was the worst concert I have ever seen, just for the record.

And also, the stage ceiling was full of holes, the rain ruined it. The rain destroyed GNR's soundboard, they had to run and find a new one to perform.

Look at this picture:

axl-rose-pediu-o-auxilio-de-rodos-para-expulsar-a-agua-da-chuva-que-alag.jpg

It's Fernando drying the stage, not anyone from the Rock in Rio crew. Axl should have said something... Anyway, let's not change the subject.

Really? I woke up at 5 AM to be there and I slept again only at 7 AM of the next day, and Axl didn't even manage to get his flight? Look:

This is Guns N' Roses rehearsaling Oh My God on the soundcheck, earlier that day. Do you hear any Axl? It was his first concert on almost an year and he didn't even go to the soundcheck. So what that he showed up? Showing up was the minimum.

LOL your basis of all this is because Axl wasn't at SOUNDCHECK? okay, i'm out... not replying back on this one...

System Of A Down concert lasted on hour more than it should, that's ridiculous. It was the worst concert I have ever seen, just for the record.

And also, the stage ceiling was full of holes, the rain ruined it. The rain destroyed GNR's soundboard, they had to run and find a new one to perform.

Look at this picture:

It's Fernando drying the stage, not anyone from the Rock in Rio crew. Axl should have said something... Anyway, let's not change the subject.

People label Axl a little baby when he rants and when he doesnt explain anything he gets shit on. Can't win with GNR "fans"...never fuckin' satisfied.

LOL your basis of all this is because Axl wasn't at SOUNDCHECK? okay, i'm out... not replying back on this one...

My basis of all what? First of all, Axl missed his flight, showing his lack of commitment. If you think otherwise, know that the promoters agree, or they wouldn't have thought of cancelling the show. Second, he didn't go to the soundcheck. When you're performing to 100,000 people, the least you could to is at least go to the stage to get to know it and check how you sound. Third, if you watch the concert, you'll see that Axl not only didn't rehearse that morning, he probably didn't even rehearsaled on the past few months. It was his first concert on almost an year, on a worldwide YouTube live stream and he sounded terrible. Yes, the fact that they were late was not exactly his fault, but let's get the facts straights: he almost got the concert cancelled, and even if the concert had started on time, he would have sounded like the shit he sounded, because System Of A Down, the Rock in Rio crew and the rain had nothing to do with his lack of commitment and respect.

Edited by ManetsBR

Still a great show, i really enjoyed that concert live on youtube. The Estranged surprise was an orgasm.

Who's singing the chorus starting around 1:06? I don't recognize the voice.

Some people's train of thought on here is hilarious. What do you think, that random security guards go out of their way to come up with these elaborate stories of why Axl is late on stage just to tarnish the already severely damaged legacy of an 80s rocker who - let's face it - is pretty much irrelevant at this point in time? I have no reason to believe this isn't true. Anyone who actually thinks there's a legitimate excuse as to why Axl is late every night is only fooling themselves.

Still a great show, i really enjoyed that concert live on youtube. The Estranged surprise was an orgasm.

It was great watching it live on youtube. Estranged blew my mind and then his little fit with Patience was great lol i'd be just as pissed as he was. It was definately a tough show for the band.

Some people's train of thought on here is hilarious. What do you think, that random security guards go out of their way to come up with these elaborate stories of why Axl is late on stage just to tarnish the already severely damaged legacy of an 80s rocker who - let's face it - is pretty much irrelevant at this point in time? I have no reason to believe this isn't true. Anyone who actually thinks there's a legitimate excuse as to why Axl is late every night is only fooling themselves.

Irrelevant enough for you to still cupcake a fan forum dedicated to his band?

I love the guy but he should stop being so selfcentered and realize the world doesn't revolve around him. Have some respect for others atleast your band mates. I don't know if he has anxiety problems or something like that i don't think he does it just because he can it causes too much negativity. Still he can do better if he wants too.

How come the band never confront him or ask for explanation? Or do they? It didn't look like slash or duff knew why he was late. Just that they never confronted him about it. Seriously is he scary in person or something or were these guys just real pussies?

Because of this thread, I decided to watch some of the RIR 2011 show. Compared to some of the 2012 stuff, Axl sounds pretty good. Seemed like he was in a pretty good mood too.

I love the guy but he should stop being so selfcentered and realize the world doesn't revolve around him. Have some respect for others atleast your band mates. I don't know if he has anxiety problems or something like that i don't think he does it just because he can it causes too much negativity. Still he can do better if he wants too.

How come the band never confront him or ask for explanation? Or do they? It didn't look like slash or duff knew why he was late. Just that they never confronted him about it. Seriously is he scary in person or something or were these guys just real pussies?

There is no pussies. The band gets along great. in fact this is the tightest group GNR has ever had. just look at them on stage for fuck sakes. Forget the fallacies you hear in the media and the cupcakes around here.

Seemed like he was in a pretty good mood too.

I was shocked to see him in a good mood.

Look at this picture:

People label Axl a little baby when he rants and when he doesnt explain anything he gets shit on. Can't win with GNR "fans"...never fuckin' satisfied.

At least we have you to constantly let us "fans" know how bad we are as fans.

Yes, a very tight band. Each one of them know exactly what is going on at any given time. Just look at all of their interviews. Tight group, they are.

Tighter than the junkie era and tighter than a robot and goth wannabe era.

Look at this picture:

At least we have you to constantly let us "fans" know how bad we are as fans.

Still bitter because Axl won't give you what you want?

Yes, a very tight band. Each one of them know exactly what is going on at any given time. Just look at all of their interviews. Tight group, they are.

Tighter than the junkie era and tighter than a robot and goth wannabe era.

Maybe that tightness and a dollar can get them a cheeseburger at McDonald's. So much tightness, so little production. Congrats!