Axl Rose - The Extended Interview (Aussie)

Un42nutzly

German trains run on time, you have to go to work on time (if your as unlucky as me) take your breaks at allocated times pay you taxes on time show up for appointments on time.....

if this dimension of life appeals good for you! doesn't make you an asshole or a lesser person. i dunno i found the idea that a guy will sue massive guys like azoff and baulk all the perfunctory demands is quite interesting. im a psychologist and i dont think hes crazy.

regarding the 91 tour stuff i was only 4 at the time and maybe older members have a better insight but i would say this, if there is one thing that is misunderstood about slash it is that he is a driven pro he was far more involved in the buisness end with guns i think back then and when he spectacularly fucked himself out of guns he embraced the drunken good time guy persona(maybe jmo). His book was pretty much an explanation of his position regarding the break up and a pseudo apology for talking shit about axl for years and talking himself out of a guns reunion$ its amazing to me that slash wrote a book and explains he left cause he was suicidal but the popular consensus (outwith this forum) is that axl fired him. Wonder what he thought of Duffs book?

I like axl and i dont have a consumerist appreciation of him, if he refuses to do something and murder his public profile then bully for him. in the meanwhile i love the old and new band slash &VR and am waiting for a new GNR album...

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that odd too. I'd guess break up with a chick or being in therapy while on tour. If I remember right Axl didn't sleep much in those days. Point being there was a problem, that was ignored. It back fired. Slash and Duff are good guys but they were fucked up. Sometimes it feels like Axl is wary of lawsuits.

I was looking at Live in Paris 92 the other day.. Axl seems so sad, angry and not healthy. Still great performance.

yeah ive always thought that. Axl always looked unhappy on uyi tours. But then in 2009 suddenly mr hilarious.

The impression I get from Slash and Duff's books is that they like to work and move forward consistently, I believe Marc Canter has also said that Slash worked very hard at promotion in the early days before the band was signed. Axl on the other hand whilst very creative and talented was inconsistent at best, according to Duff he would be full of outlandish plans one day then disappear for a week or sleep for three days in a row he also decided to become nocturnal at some point. It's not hard to see why keeping the band together became difficult especially when all the substance abuse is added on top. The managers and associates could probably have done a lot more at this point to help rather than furthering their own agendas, this I think is something that Slash, Duff and Axl have agreed on in the past.

The overriding thing that stands out in Axl's recent interviews is that he seems hurt that nobody cared in a way he hopes for, Axl was the only one to visit Steven and Duff when they were hospitalised which is suggestive of someone who cares a lot and maybe expects the same from others. He perhaps has never come to terms with the inherently selfish nature of addicts who cannot see beyond themselves when in the grip of addiction.

The feuds and fallouts all boil down to different perspectives and lack of empathy (not sympathy) on all sides combined with some self serving middlemen.

It's sad really, the Guns story never reached a satisfying conclusion on any side unlike the Stones, Aerosmith etc.. they were cut off in their prime, it's like the difference between the death of a child and a pensioner in his nineties. One is much easier to come to terms with than the other.

Edited by alfierose

Funny how an Adelaide newspaper gets the story when Adelaide isn't even on the tour. Well done Team Brazil, well done.

As with most newspapers, Adelaide Now is owned/run by News Ltd, and Cameron Adams is a 'National Music Writer'. This means it was not some "exclusive" to a local Adelaide paper, but the interview also ran in the Herald Sun, a big Melbourne paper: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/music/axls-appetite-for-happy-new-ears/story-e6frf9hf-1226592104155

Funny how an Adelaide newspaper gets the story when Adelaide isn't even on the tour. Well done Team Brazil, well done.

As with most newspapers, Adelaide Now is owned/run by News Ltd, and Cameron Adams is a 'National Music Writer'. This means it was not some "exclusive" to a local Adelaide paper, but the interview also ran in the Herald Sun, a big Melbourne paper: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/music/axls-appetite-for-happy-new-ears/story-e6frf9hf-1226592104155

shhhhh dont let the truth get in the way of a good dig at team brazil and axl

Sucks about really no answer regarding new music, but since some artists are not making new music or not touring anymore (David Bowie and Eric Clapton) not wanting to tour and Mick Jagger too. Also I just read that Billy Joel isn't inspired anymore to write music, so it's very possible that this is the case with Axl and even though DJ and others might be writing music, Axl just isn't all that interested or feels it's not his GNR.

Anyway, found it interesting that he read Slash's book. I heard he said nothing but nice things about Axl. Axl's not interested in writing a book himself. I think that would be one book I would read. I love how Axl talks about touring many places in front of thousands of fans and how he's very pleased with it. I guess he's happy with how things are with GNR.

I found it very interesting that Axl actually said he might remix AFD again. Would it be with the original members and just make the sound better or actually record it again with the new GNR? I don't think I would like it re-recorded, maybe just twicked to sound better, but no re-recorded, that would just be wrong.

Again talking about how he wasn't ready to tour in 91. I can believe this because some artists are just forced to do things and they wind up ill or dead. Elvis was used by so many people and I believe Michael Jackson was too. I'm glad Axl's experience didn't hurt or kill him.

Bottom line is he's Axl Rose and has always done and most likely do things the way he wants to especially now. He knows more about the business and knows what he wants at this time of his life. I don't feel he needs to please anyone or apolgize for the way he is. Love him or hate him, Axl is Axl and I doubt if anything or anyone will ever influence him to do something he doesn't want to do!

Which one is it? He toured in 91 (against his wishes), but no one can influence him to do something he doesn't want to do.

Sucks about really no answer regarding new music, but since some artists are not making new music or not touring anymore (David Bowie and Eric Clapton) not wanting to tour and Mick Jagger too. Also I just read that Billy Joel isn't inspired anymore to write music, so it's very possible that this is the case with Axl and even though DJ and others might be writing music, Axl just isn't all that interested or feels it's not his GNR.

Anyway, found it interesting that he read Slash's book. I heard he said nothing but nice things about Axl. Axl's not interested in writing a book himself. I think that would be one book I would read. I love how Axl talks about touring many places in front of thousands of fans and how he's very pleased with it. I guess he's happy with how things are with GNR.

I found it very interesting that Axl actually said he might remix AFD again. Would it be with the original members and just make the sound better or actually record it again with the new GNR? I don't think I would like it re-recorded, maybe just twicked to sound better, but no re-recorded, that would just be wrong.

Again talking about how he wasn't ready to tour in 91. I can believe this because some artists are just forced to do things and they wind up ill or dead. Elvis was used by so many people and I believe Michael Jackson was too. I'm glad Axl's experience didn't hurt or kill him.

Bottom line is he's Axl Rose and has always done and most likely do things the way he wants to especially now. He knows more about the business and knows what he wants at this time of his life. I don't feel he needs to please anyone or apolgize for the way he is. Love him or hate him, Axl is Axl and I doubt if anything or anyone will ever influence him to do something he doesn't want to do!

Which one is it? He toured in 91 (against his wishes), but no one can influence him to do something he doesn't want to do.

hahahahaha

He said he'd be interested in remastering it, not remixing or re-recording it.

Another, essentially, pointless interview of Axl rambling about a whole lotta nothing, blaming everybody else for his mishaps, and blaming Slash for being out to fuck him. And lol at the whole "public support" about the rnrhof thing again.

lol, he's outta his mind.

In terms of a new album, I'll believe when I see it. I'd still bet my bottom dollar we'll only hear new music if it either leaks, or gets milked out by Team Brazil after Axl passes away.

Edited by Bobbo

Yeah, dude's insane. I feel sorry for him. When you ask a simple question and the guy gives you 4 answers then you need to start thinking "there's something wrong with this person".

Also, it's funny how he keeps mentioning Slash this and Slash that, when he supposedly requests "no questions about any former members, specially Slash". :lol:

Yeah, dude's insane. I feel sorry for him. When you ask a simple question and the guy gives you 4 answers then you need to start thinking "there's something wrong with this person".

When someone needs to barf out multiple paragraphs of nonsense to convince THEMSELVES that they're right about something, there's a severe problem there.

When someone needs to barf out multiple paragraphs of nonsense to convince THEMSELVES that they're right about something, there's a severe problem there.

Bingo.

Ironic last sentence as I scroll through the posts.

The response to the possibility of new music in 2013 offers two strains of thought. Either Axl wants to release music but other factors are preventing this or; he simply isn't interested in the subject and replied meaninglessly/with contempt for the question.