Axl Rose - The Extended Interview (Aussie)

Un42nutzly

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which leaves Slash. Do you really think Slash would turn down the chance to have a reunion?

Not as a hired hand and not without a mutual agreement. He has said that multiple times.

You really think Slash would demand his rights back? Perla wouldn't let Slash turn down all that money.

He's already said that he isn't going to be a hired hand of "Axl's band." It was one of his main reasons for leaving. I would say that is solid proof of where he stands.

I like how people like to point at Perla. Perla is no Beta but it's a cute attempt.

Which leaves Slash. Do you really think Slash would turn down the chance to have a reunion?

Not as a hired hand and not without a mutual agreement. He has said that multiple times.

You really think Slash would demand his rights back? Perla wouldn't let Slash turn down all that money.

He's already said that he isn't going to be a hired hand of "Axl's band." It was one of his main reasons for leaving. I would say that is solid proof of where he stands.

I like how people like to point at Perla. Perla is no Beta but it's a cute attempt.

I'm not trying to make Perla Beta, unlike others I don't think Beta has that much influence on Axl. I think if there was a one off tour with millions offered Slash would take it and just say "fuck it" in regards to his place in the band. He has a family now and that's just too much money.

I'm not trying to make Perla Beta, unlike others I don't think Beta has that much influence on Axl. I think if there was a one off tour with millions offered Slash would take it and just say "fuck it" in regards to his place in the band. He has a family now and that's just too much money.

He's doing fine financially. It's a common lie to say Slash isn't a man of principle but the whole reason he left was principles. He doesn't need to tuck his tail between his legs and bow down to Axl to feed his family. They are well fed already.

do you think that interview succeeded in making casual fans want to go purchase tickets for his tour?

I think it made casual fans wonder if he has early onset Alzheimer's. I could see that making ticket sales go either way.

Edited by magisme

He avoided confirming the austrailian tour being the same or different and avoided talking about the chance of a record this year.

I found it kind of cool that he read slash's biography. I wonder how many times he threw it across the room....

HRS -

What leads you to believe that was the goal of this interview? Axl was asked questions; Axl gave honest answers. There is nothing to suggest that Axl gave this interview with the hope that it would lead to increased ticket sales. Don't get me wrong.... I'm not the least bit surprised that you and the rest of the "bitter squad" would try and twist Axl's words and motives into something negative. The reality is that you and others like you lost interest the moment Axl said that there wouldn't be a reunion. So, I guess it's time to make up lies and bore others with your unhappiness since Axl won't do what you think he should. Nothing new here ...

do you think that interview succeeded in making casual fans want to go purchase tickets for his tour?

Slash says alot of things. You're kidding yourself if you think that he wouldn't jump at the chance of being a "hired hand" (your words) in Axl's band. And I mean jump at the chance. This isn't opinion. I've seen proof beyond a reasonable doubt with my own eyes that this is, in fact, the case.

Edited by BBA

Just reread the piece again.

The first half of the interview read very well but once the lateness and Slash was brought up it went a bit weird. It's interesting that Axl (to the best of my knowledge) never seems to attempt to understand Slash's motivations in a way that Slash (and Duff) have attempted to understand Axl's. Slash's motivation for doing the UYI tour, quitting the band and forging his own career to me seem to be based in a desire to remain productive, move forward and more recently probably stay sober and provide for his family, the same could be said of Duff.

It's as if Axl takes a very egocentric view of everything and doesn't quite get that people might have personal feelings and desires that are not connected to or derived from wanting to hurt him. As another poster said Slash will have wanted to tour in 91 because they were riding high on a wave of popularity and wanted to make the most of that yet to Axl he was an evil Svengali who wanted to break his mind, no offence to Slash but I don't think he is that clever.

It's great that he obviously has a lot of affection for the current band, I wish he would do them the honour of releasing something with them. Maybe if as he says he has limited interest in social media he doesn't realise how much this is needed to concrete the band in public. Explains though how BBF gets away with his rants, I bet they are never brought to Axl's attention.

I don't think the issue has anything to do with Axl not being willing to understand Slash and/or Duff's motivations for wanting to do things a certain way. However, I do believe that he takes serious issue with the fact that they both decided to *very publically* spread untruths about him. That's the root issue. Maybe if they were willing to right their wrongs Axl would be more open to conversation(s). Since they both refuse to be honest (Slash especially), I imagine that it's really difficult for Axl to think positive about individuals who have publically slandered him, sued him, and cost the man many years of his life and career.

Edited by BBA

don't waste everyone's time acting like a stupid jack ass just to try and make fun of the stupid jackasses you've spent years mocking with sincerity. you're a smart guy, and you understand fully well that publicity is designed to increase sales. the fact that you're playing dumb only makes this new routine more obvious and boring. is this what mygnr's come to? smart, funny people like bba and msl getting so bored they start trolling themselves? don't get me wrong... i had coolranchdressing here and falungong69 at htgth. i totally get it. i just hope they tire of it as quickly as i did.

Here's the thing, I don't care about the inner mechanizations of the old version of the band. Clearly, Axl doesn't want to give the media straight answers, and none of you speculating on the issue know what you're talking about. I care about 2 things....1. music 2. touring...unless I hear "A new album is out on _________" or "GnR announces dates in Anchorage", I will mostly just browse GnR news.

Havent any of you ever been in a band? Its always a power struggle. You form alliances. The band gets divided up. Resentment builds. It's so easy to see what was going down if you've been in a band. Plus on their level.... the biggest band in the world.... all the drugs and alcohol.... mix that with the crazy personalities of a group of creative musicians, its a miracle they lasted as long as they did.

Trying to make everyone and everything in my band happy and healthy while still trying to make a quality product was the hardest thing ive ever tried to do. Not everyone in a band can write good but everyone wants to try. Then ya gotta get someone to work on your ideas but their ideas blow. Then someone books a dumb show at a stupid club far away with a bunch of death metal bands and you fight over whether or not to cancel it. Then someone's bitch gf opens her mouth with her opinions.. I could write a fuckin book.imagine this all on their level?

It's good that Axl's now TRYING not to badmouth past band members anymore.

That whole thing about the beginning of the '91 tour, he was prob. talking about going through the divorce. When fame hits that hard and that fast, relationships are collateral damage. Really rare when it's not, and there's usually a lot of bad behavior forgiven.

"For me there hasn't been a way to make any type of reunion work regardless of money (either talk or legimate) without jeopardizing what I feel is the well-being and best interests of nearly everyone I'm involved with in the GNR camp (including myself). People here have big investments of their lives in what we're doing. We've worked so hard for what we have here now and continue to do so."

Could this refer to Team Brazil's management? That the others wouldn't want to give GNR profits to them or something?