Guns continuing touring, no new album

AndreCC

Somehow i think this is all to do with GNR wanting a renegotiation of their contract. (pure speculation on my part)

The contract predicts at least one more record, i believe this was reported before. Maybe they want their contract to be reviewed and re-negotiated before the release of the next album, and UMG wants to release the album before there's another negotiation and that's what's holding the whole thing and Axl in between is just making money with touring, and expecting them to break in between... and hand him what he wants. Because he also wants to secure that this current band will release at least an album through UMG.

I mean they could release the new album with the rest of the cd era tracks and tell Axl to fuck off afterwards, and then he would have to release the next record with the current band by himself, without a label. Maybe he fears that, it's only legitimate after all the trouble and expenses Axl gave the Label while he was working on Chinese Democracy, and since he didn't do the reunion....

It's just a guess, but it makes sense :tongue2:

You seem surprised that GN'R continue to tour..... It's all one big cash grab for Axl..... Give up any hopes for a new album cuz it ain't gonna happen,

I'm not believe me... In my opinion, it's just like Alan Niven said in regards to the Illusions era. This might be Axl telling the record company to fuck off... it's his way or the highway. (Again i'm just guessing, but it might very well be) :tongue2:

Axl doesn't care, he's making the big money (touring), until they give him what he wants...

Yeah but I guess people attend shows based on the expectation of the new thing. If Axl said theres no new album lot of people would say a big fuck you!

Me im no attending more shows, had 2006 ( bullshit) n 2010 (awesome). I gave enough support. No gucking cheating.

This endless tour is more than a joje, its killing Gnr legend. No feeling of fear, electricity, expect the unexpected thing of old days!

This band could be called The Postmen, so fucking predictable n boring

Yeah but I guess people attend shows based on the expectation of the new thing. If Axl said theres no new album lot of people would say a big fuck you!

Me im no attending more shows, had 2006 ( bullshit) n 2010 (awesome). I gave enough support. No gucking cheating.

This endless tour is more than a joje, its killing Gnr legend. No feeling of fear, electricity, expect the unexpected thing of old days!

This band could be called The Postmen, so fucking predictable n boring

While i agree with that, there's always the kind of people who will always go whether there's new stuff or not and also there's the casual fan, who doesn't even know who's in the band and goes just to see Axl and have a good time with no expectations.

Axl probably hasn't talked to anyone at the record company in a few years.

Considering what happened with Chinese Democracy, you might be right! And Axl might be having his little revenge at the moment, touring continuously and leaving the record company starving for a record...

Don't forget that just the sales of a new record alone are pretty right... in the millions, let alone a possible deal with Best Buy or other chain store like the other time...

Edited by AndreCC

im not a super fan of the endless touring but it did give me a chance to finally see them, and maybe there making money to cover some recording costs, you guys gotta remember the band loses alot of money for going past those curfews

im not a super fan of the endless touring but it did give me a chance to finally see them, and maybe there making money to cover some recording costs, you guys gotta remember the band loses alot of money for going past those curfews

Recording can be done for next to nothing nowadays though. Recording technology now exists where people in their bedroom can produce studio quality recordings. If recording cost was all that was in the way they could record at Bumble or DJ's studio to save costs.

Somehow i think this is all to do with GNR wanting a renegotiation of their contract. (pure speculation on my part)

The contract predicts at least one more record, i believe this was reported before. Maybe they want their contract to be reviewed and re-negotiated before the release of the next album, and UMG wants to release the album before there's another negotiation and that's what's holding the whole thing and Axl in between is just making money with touring, and expecting them to break in between... and hand him what he wants. Because he also wants to secure that this current band will release at least an album through UMG.

I mean they could release the new album with the rest of the cd era tracks and tell Axl to fuck off afterwards, and then he would have to release the next record with the current band by himself, without a label. Maybe he fears that, it's only legitimate after all the trouble and expenses Axl gave the Label while he was working on Chinese Democracy, and since he didn't do the reunion....

I don't think it's contract renegotiations. I think it's Axl not wanting to release the next record during a tour.

I don't think it's contract renegotiations. I think it's Axl not wanting to release the next record during a tour.

Fixed...

So basically there's no evidence to support any of the opening post? Right? Right. Carry on.

That's why i wrote it as being Speculation/a guess/perhaps an opinion... That's what we're here for speculate... this is an unofficial forum and fans discuss, speculate and so on.

So basically there's no evidence to support any of the opening post? Right? Right. Carry on.

You don't need to. You can basically claim that you have a CD full of unreleased material and get away with it.

Yeah as you can destroy threads and whatever discussions fans are having with your idiotic, vulgar utter crap and cunt remarks.

Edited by AndreCC