It's said to exist a new OMG verison, but...

ManetsBR

The changes are probably minimal. Maybe a few more lyrics here and there, a few extra guitar parts on the background. I don't think it will be much different. You can certainly notive on the clip that the chorus guitar parts are a bit different.

Edited by AndreCC

So just because the two first verses and choruses are in the same order as in the original song you arrive at the conclusion that there is nothing new to it?.... If we're gonna go by that logic I could argue that it sounds completely different from the original version because this one's just 01.17 and the original 03.42.

Hopefully Axl is concentrating on new material and not spending his studio time trying to revamp songs that failed as singles over a decade ago. If Axl.........that doesn't bode well for the quality of the unreleased CD songs.

I bet Axl re-recorded the vocals on this one. A chief complaint amongst Guns aficionados was that he was clearly in the "Mickey Mouse" stage when he went into the studio, hence all the distortion over the vocals to cover it up.

Personally, I adore the distortion and wish he would employ it more. It makes his voice that much brasher and aggressive.

But I have better hopes that we'll hear a new studio version of OMG than to ever hear it played live again. It would knock the wind out of him trying to deliver those verses, it certainly did in RIR.

Just because the song structure is the same, doesn't mean it won't be different.

There could be extra little guitar licks, different mixing, different playing styles, added synth parts, different lyrics, the possibilities are nearly endless.

You can't base what the new recorded version will sound like based on this clip.

There could be extra little guitar licks, different mixing, different playing styles, added synth parts.

But I don't hear any of that. The only thing missing on that clip is Axl, and the only difference he would make are on the lyrics and perhaps on the way he sings.

There could be extra little guitar licks, different mixing, different playing styles, added synth parts.

But I don't hear any of that. The only thing missing on that clip is Axl, and the only difference he would make are on the lyrics and perhaps on the way he sings.

It's a live version, and it's recorded from far away. You can't base anything off this when it comes to a studio version. Especially different mixing.

With this quality recording I doubt we'd see any difference between 1999 and final IRS or maybe even The Blues and SoD.

Well, ok, let's just all agree then that there aren't any major changes. No different riffs, no different beats, nothing let's say, really relevant on the instrumental.

And why would Axl change the Oh My God lyrics? It's one of the best things he has ever written.

Edited by ManetsBR

Well, ok, let's just all agree then that there aren't any major changes. No different riffs, no different beats, nothing let's say, really relevant on the instrumental.

And why would Axl change the Oh My God lyrics? It's one of the best things he has ever written.

No we can't argree on that because the clip is only 01.17 and the original song is 03.42 so you have no idea what happens in the rest of the song.

The song was supposed to have more guitars. It certainly has Bfoot all over it. It was a soundcheck, so chances are we havent heard all of the guitars properly. They were adjusting the sound. The main difference most likely will be the solos.

A better mix with more prominent vocals and guitars would best serve the songs intensity and people would understand the song better, for lack of a better expression. If they've added anything new, well, we can't judge until we hear it.