Your own amateur short movies ?

kanudo19

Guest Len B'stard

Get yourself a 16mm bolex man, old school :) I don't wanna make films though cuz they'd be the best movies ever made and effectively end the medium of cinema as a viable artistic outlet cuz there'd be nowhere left to go after that and i couldn't do that to the human race, it wouldn't be fair.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

I'll pop down Brixton and pick up some of them high class London girls that you so love, Len. You know, the one's called Laniqua and Courtney and such.

And i'll go Leprechaun hunting in County Mayo for ya, picture the scene, Vern Troyer sits in the middle of a four poster bed with black silk sheets reading Proust, the phone rings, Vern answers "yes...send them in" a buzzer goes off and the door snaps open, enter Laniqua with a big mans enema bulb syringe in hand, Verns eyes roll back in his head as a wet patch gathers under his arse where he sits as he gurgles and one of those studio audience applause sign flashes above his head and sinister canned laughter howls out, further inciting Vern as Laniqua approaches, slowly and deliberately...

(I'm way too into this :lol:)

My friends and I once shot a short for my buddy's film class. I helped write the script and acted in it. Unfortunately It turned out to be more of a music video than a film, but that was down to my buddy letting some chick from his class jump on board at the last minute and edit it. I had a good time doing it though.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I did a short called Hearts Are Always Killed (originally an ARG) in 2007. Not much dialog and was shot on a 40 dollar Sakar camera. It is around 25 minutes long. I plan on making a couple of shorts but have no idea when it will happen.

The only tips I can give is to make sure that the IDEA is right. Everything else will fall into place. Unless you know what to do with film stock go digital. Study other filmakers through their work. Make good use of colors because certain colors are psychological. Do as much of the administrative work as you can by yourself.

The idea of pulp fiction meets paranormal sounds cool, the ghosts of all the dead n*ggers are back to hunt Jimmy at the "Dead N*gger Storage"

Thanks for all the tips, the problem is i wrote an ambitious script (i say ambitious cuz it has several locations) and have no camera or budget, i think i already found someone with the equipment to film it but it's always a pain to rely on anyone else's availability . Im afraid to get a cheap camera cuz of the quality.

Today i saw a very nice short filmed with an iphone though

• 3 months later...

For the longest time ever! (2 days) I saw this miracle that caught my eye and was like

'wtf' - That was trippie for this little hippie.

And this 'bow would just come up on my wall and I'd be like 'cool!' 'how is it doing that!?' and then it'll go.

This caught my eye but didn't last long enough to concern me, then, IDK, I figured it out and 'for my own amusement' decided to have a rainbow.

I don't even own this music; I uploaded a song my friend made as I thought it was cool and timed each shot accordingly so when it all got put together 'again, this was for shits and giggles' it'll be at a length for that piece of music I wanted from that track... Don't worry, my friend knows I've used his song.

I have films of me on YouTube with my guitar where I'm like guitar & cameraman all rolled into one, I usually don't edit those, so this was more me flexing my film making muscle.

Edited by Snake-Pit