Great G N R Documentary i've never seen before

axlinkafayette

There was a time when I bought every dvd that had anything to do with GNR. I bought several (unofficial) documentaries, and what I found was they're basically all the same. Exact same people being interviewed saying the exact same thing. Many times it actually was the same interview.

You should look up a dvd called "the band that time forgot". Its an unofficial guns documentary. Its the exact same interviews that is used in the video you posted. Same people, same interviews. Seems to me like there is one documentary published multiple times with different titles..

On the other hand, I've found some documentaries that has footage of the band that Ive never seen before. Like for instance a different angel of Axl jumping into the crowd in St. Louis 91, the band at rehearsal in the 80s etc. Its only snippets, but surely someone has this all this great footage.

Edited by Jeez

There was a time when I bought every dvd that had anything to do with GNR. I bought several (unofficial) documentaries, and what I found was they're basically all the same. Exact same people being interviewed saying the exact same thing. Many times it actually was the same interview.

You should look up a dvd called "the band that time forgot". Its an unofficial guns documentary. Its the exact same interviews that is used in the video you posted. Same people, same interviews. Seems to me like there is one documentary published multiple times with different titles..

On the other hand, I've found some documentaries that has footage of the band that Ive never seen before. Like for instance a different angel of Axl jumping into the crowd in St. Louis 91, the band at rehearsal in the 80s etc. Its only snippets, but surely someone has this all this great footage.

If Axl jumped into the crowd to retrieve a camera filming the concert, then who filmed him diving into the crowd??? There must have been another camera.

If Axl jumped into the crowd to retrieve a camera filming the concert, then who filmed him diving into the crowd??? There must have been another camera.

definitely

-

I've never seen the Axl and Elton (john) thing.. November Rain..

-

The band that was.. and isn't any more..

Edited by vaida

Unless I'm mistaken, it wasn't a video camera Axl was going for, just a standard 35mm cam.

Agree with Jeez really.

Personally I got as far as that Howard Teman, shook my head, and stopped. Him, the dude before him, and the lady's comment. Good lord that was all so bad. So many of these shitty budget unofficial documentaries just leeching off the name.

LOL "Izzy kind of lazy, not caring what he was doing", what the fuck of a garbage documentary is that?? Izzy is the secret ingredient to GN'R, the guy who came up with the best melodic and rythm part in GNR history.

Yeah. Okay... Pretty sure Axl's just fine man. He doesn't seem very upset about anything to me. And exactly how the fuck would you know that the dude has no real fucking friends anyway??? I think he's got tons more real friends than you've ever had or ever will have. Just because he flys under the media radar doesn't mean he has no friends. He's said that himself before man...

I had that DVD. I distinctly remember one guy referring to Axl as 'Alex'. Now they are easy names to mix up, however for a documentary, aren't you supposed to interview experts in their field?

I believe this concert was proshot, correct? I think a lot if not all the UYI concerts were recorded.

Watching it right now. Mindblowing docu. Nothing new but the way those albums kept the world In a lust like never before is still unbelievable. And in my mind those 2 albums are the best. Music/ lyrics and the entire vibe of that tour will never be matched by any band ever.