June 2nd, 2013 - Kansas City, MO

parisrocks

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complain, complain...

Hey, it's nice to see Axl pushing himself and the band. He's got so much passion there days and he's *so* ambitious!

He is playing long shows full of hits. I don't see the audience complaining.

I am going to love the next show in Buffalo in person while some of you whine and complain back here

Guest Gunns

If you know damn well you aint gonna like the setlist, why open it? If you claim it is because you think there could be a new song or something believe me you would see a thread about it!

Not necessarily, I doubt mixing up the setlist by playing 1 song they havent played in over a year would result in someone making a thread about it,

but then again, that would be considered as something earth shattering in the present world of gnr :laugh:

Complain, complain...

Hey, it's nice to see Axl pushing himself and the band. He's got so much passion there days and he's *so* ambitious!

They won't. Doesn't change the fact that Axl doesn't seem to care much about going further musically, which is a shame.

Jesus Christ people. I have been to two shows recently (tonight and San Antonio) and everyone was liking out was going on about how great they were. If you weren't there and aren't attempting to attend then you have zero reason to post in a thread like this.

Guest Gunns

Complain, complain...

They won't. Doesn't change the fact that Axl doesn't seem to care much about going further musically, which is a shame.

2001, Axl debuted new songs at Rio, 2009 Axl played every song off CD bar Riad, now it seems like the setlist (and Axl's intention of mixing it up) has somewhat stagnated into playing the same songs (but in different order, whoopy!) for the past year. It's a shame but I guess it's indicative of the times and Axl's intention with moving forward.

Edited by Gunns

Complain, complain...

Absence of new music or stagnant setlists is hardly evidence for absence of ambitiousness or lack of interest in going further musically.

Reading this thread makes me realize how sad it is that the most I hope for from Axl is that he not sound like shit while playing the same songs he's been playing for decades.

Maybe it's a good nostalgia act for some, but nostalgia is all it is.

Nothing wrong with having such an amazing back catalogue that most of your audience will come because they want to hear those old songs. Nothing wrong in it at all. People make "nostalgia" sound so bad. As long as the band keeps on playing the new songs as well, and will keep on releasing new music in the future, then the rest of us who are not only interested in the nostalgia part can be happy, too. It's win-win!

As long as the band keeps on playing the new songs as well, and will keep on releasing new music in the future, then the rest of us who are not only interested in the nostalgia part can be happy, too. It's win-win!

:rofl-lol:

You're so fucking out to lunch. Keep it up. It's hilarious.

As long as the band keeps on playing the new songs as well, and will keep on releasing new music in the future, then the rest of us who are not only interested in the nostalgia part can be happy, too. It's win-win!

It is a fact that the band keeps playing new songs in-between old songs and I have no reason not to believe they will release music again in the future (until Axl explicitly say so). Hence, the most rational conclusion must be that we will get to hear new music again in the future.

People who based on inconclusive evidence form strong conclusions about something and follow up by mocking those of different opinions, run a larger risk of embarrassing themselves in the future.

It is a fact that the band keeps playing new songs in-between old songs and I have no reason not to believe they will release music again in the future (until Axl explicitly say so). Hence, the most rational conclusion must be that we will get to hear new music again in the future.

People who based on inconclusive evidence form strong conclusions about something and follow up by mocking those of different opinions, run a larger risk of embarrassing themselves in the future.

:rofl-lol: New songs.

Tell me more! Especially how I "run a larger risk." That sounds scary! :nervous:

Tell me more! Especially how I "run a larger risk." That sounds scary! :nervous:

I'd love to!

As you grow older a pattern will emerge and you will realize that your habit of jumping to conclusions followed by mocking those who take another route and end up disagreeing with you, will lead to failure after failure and a growing sensation of being a loser. Of course, the premise here is that you have the brains and self-awareness to precisely analyse the reasons for why you end up being wrong so many times. Truth is that some perpetual losers lack this fundamental level of self-cognisance and will never be able to make necessary adjustments to improve themselves and break the circle of failure. But I don't believe this will be the case with you. I believe your combination of misplaced arrogance, flawed conclusion making, and lack of humility, are just temporary symptoms of a young mind still very much under development. You will get there in the end.

I'd love to!

As you grow older a pattern will emerge and you will realize that your habit of jumping to conclusions followed by mocking those who take another route and end up disagreeing with you, will lead to failure after failure and a growing sensation of being a loser. Of course, the premise here is that you have the brains and self-awareness to precisely analyse the reasons for why you end up being wrong so many times. Truth is that some perpetual losers lack this fundamental level of self-cognisance and will never be able to make necessary adjustments to improve themselves and break the circle of failure. But I don't believe this will be the case with you. I believe your combination of misplaced arrogance, flawed conclusion making, and lack of humility, are just temporary symptoms of a young mind still very much under development. You will get there in the end.

How can I make myself understand, in the present, the risks I'm running? You know, sometimes I come on to the forum and just post whatever bullshit is on my mind at the moment. I don't take the time to see how important objectivity and accuracy are when it comes to a fan forum for a washed up once rock now cover band. Like when you call CD songs "new," I just kinda :rofl-lol: . Instead, I should grab my OED, look up 'new,' ponder the definitions, study it's etymology, analyze it's historical development and then apply the proper terminology w/r/t CD songs. Is that right? But that's just English. Shouldn't we take Portuguese into account at this point, and Brazilian Portuguese specifically? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Have you compiled any data showing exactly what 'new' means?

I'd love to!

How can I make myself understand, in the present, the risks I'm running? You know, sometimes I come on to the forum and just post whatever bullshit is on my mind at the moment. I don't take the time to see how important objectivity and accuracy are when it comes to a fan forum for a washed up once rock now cover band. Like when you call CD songs "new," I just kinda :rofl-lol: . Instead, I should grab my OED, look up 'new,' ponder the definitions, study it's etymology, analyze it's historical development and then apply the proper terminology w/r/t CD songs. Is that right? But that's just English. Shouldn't we take Portuguese into account at this point, and Brazilian Portuguese specifically? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Have you compiled any data showing exactly what 'new' means?

I am sorry. I though you would be able to realize from the context that "new songs" in my post would refer to songs off CD. My bad.