Seriously what the fuck is up with this fucking shit software?????

Dazey

Sorry for the profanity but could it be any more broken right now?

I've literally spent about half an hour trying to edit a simple post in the 9/11 thread and no matter how many times I click "post" it just thinks for about three seconds and then does nothing. I've tried copying the text into an email then posting it from my phone and I get

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3454 bytes) in /home/mygnrfor/public_html/admin/sources/classes/text/parser.php on line1594

Arrrrrrgghhhhhh! *spits dummy and goes away to sulk in the corner* :(

Yeah, I can't/don't set the memory limits, Invision do and they've already had to increase it once. I'll request they follow it up. This is a server issue, not a software issue.

In the meantime... manners maybe? Sorry Dazey but this is already a pretty thankless task so in future... try not to be such a dick about it? :shrugs:

Thanks.

Yeah, I can't/don't set the memory limits, Invision do and they've already had to increase it once. I'll request they follow it up. This is a server issue, not a software issue.

In the meantime... manners maybe? Sorry Dazey but this is already a pretty thankless task so in future... try not to be such a dick about it? :shrugs:

Thanks.

Sorry man I'm not blaming you or any of the mod team 'cos I think you all do a great job. It's just that I was literally trying to edit a single post for half an hour to no avail. I could post in other threads and everything no problem but that one post simply wouldn't play ball. That's why I assumed it was the software. Sorry again if I offended you.

Edit: Also I've had that particular issue a number of times of late though not to that extent but it's only been since the software update. Prior to that I never had a single issue, ever.

Edited by Dazey

Thanks.

Yep... what a dick!! You should ban him.

Actually I agree with Dazey here. Since the software update there has been simple fuck ups that I never saw prior. Truth be told, High and Subs, I'd be really adamant towards invision that they didn't deserve full costs until they rectified such blatant problems.

Truth be told, High and Subs, I'd be really adamant towards invision that they didn't deserve full costs until they rectified such blatant problems.

That's exactly what we said to them over the hosting issues. It hasn't helped so far.

There's a 3.4.4 update available that contains a lot of bug fixes (including with the editor and quoting), but after the last debacle I'm working on running up a test server to test the new version on before rolling it out to the site.

To be fair the server issues have been relatively minor but I still can't get away with the new editor software. I mean it's workable when you get used to it but soooooooooo much less user friendly. I mean simply highlighing and deleting part of a nest of quotes is so frustrating when you can't highlight certain parts without deleting others. Copying certain parts of a quote tree can't be done simply either. I just wish it could go back to the simple plain text format without all the needless formatting. Even the "remove formatting" button doesn't work because the text goes all tab crazy. It's just so needlessly complicated and I can understand how frustrating it must be for the mods too as I know it's not there fault then jackasses like me go off on one over it. :lol:

Edit: Also can't step the cursor past an emoticon or an inserted picture at the end of a paragraph unless I've already put a return in after before adding it. The cursor sticks stubbornly in front of the item and if you try and hit enter it takes it with it so you have to delete the item, add another line after it then add it back in.

Edit2: For some reason I can't go back in and edit a post I've just made without first exiting the thread and re-entering it. Either that or hitting F5 to reload the page.

Sorry again to the mods and I've tried to be more specific this time but there's just so many tiny little issues that add up to a right royal pain in the arse. I've actually found that the mobile editor is the way to go in certain cases. :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey