Is it right for Bumblefoot to use old GN'R songs to promote his side projects?

Vincent Vega

In a recent ad for his hotsauces, Bumblefoot can be heard strumming/playing the riff and melody of Don't Cry while he advertises his sauces. Does anyone else think it's wrong for BBF to use old GNR songs--which he had nothing to do with--to advertise his non GN'R projects?

Edited by Vincent Vega

And you had to make an own thread for that and could not ask that question in the other one?

What BBF did with this ad could set a dangerous precedent. Like, imagine Ashba advertising AshbaSwag with SCOM or WTTJ playing in the background?

I wonder if Team Brazil knows about BBF's move? Someone should let them know.

Edited by Vincent Vega

The dangerous precedent of what, promoting himself by playing a song he plays every night with the band that he's in? Yeah, real dangerous. Imagine - if Bumble does this, Ron Wood might start to think he's a real member of the Rolling Stones, and Ringo Star will start behave like he was in the Beatles!

This guy starts dozens of stupid threads everyday. guy should be banned, or at least prevented from making threads.

Mods indicated in the Support thread that they don't want to limit the amount of new topics someone can post in a defined period of time (hourly for example). It sets a bad precident or something like that...

"I think creating a rule in terms of how many new topics can be created per week is going down a bad road, setting an uneasy precedent"

Edited by Coma16

It is odd. Why not play one of his own songs? I mean, he has to have dozens of songs to choose from that he's written. Or, why not write one for it?

What has he ever written that would get any recognition whatsoever from anyone? Dude's living off a band name he's had nothing to do with other than as a scab

He's GNR's lead guitar player.

Don't Cry is a GNR song.

What's the problem?

Honestly the trolling is getting out of hand right now.....

If it's a fanmade kinda thing; no biggie.

If it's official, and Bumble's behind it, it's kinda pathetic he has to further mooch off the GNR brand, specifically an era and a song he had nothing to do with, to promote his side projects.

It is odd. Why not play one of his own songs? I mean, he has to have dozens of songs to choose from that he's written. Or, why not write one for it?

What has he ever written that would get any recognition whatsoever from anyone? Dude's living off a band name he's had nothing to do with other than as a scab

Nothing. I completely agree with you. I'd think if I were a musical artist I would use my skills and write a the music for my commercial or whatever instead of using something he had no involvement in.

He's GNR's lead guitar player.

Don't Cry is a GNR song.

What's the problem?

Honestly the trolling is getting out of hand right now.....

He has NOTHING to do with Don't Cry or any famous GNR song. He just covers those songs no matter how much you cry.

I really couldn't care what BF uses to promote his music. He along with all the hired hands are not Guns N'Roses and never will be, thus using the name to promote his side projects has zero influence on me to buy his music, the same goes for DJ Ash, Pittman, Stinton, even Dizzy Reed. Buckethead is a different case, as I like Buckethead guitar work, and he never needed to use the GN'R name, as his music speaks volumes.

If true, it would be ridiculous.

And quite frankly, BBF should be embarrased to be associate with it.

Using a song that he didn't write or that he didn't help become famous, to promote himself? Seriously? How anybody can defend that is mindboggling.

If he has any pride or dignity he would use a song that HE created or helped make popular.

This has got to be a joke topic though. I can't believe BBF would actually do that or allow it to happen.