Chinese Democracy review

sword&tulipz

This is one of the best Chinese Democracy I've ever read. His comparsion on Aerosmith is perfect.
People should listen to this album with an open mind, I think most are simply affraid to enjoy because it's called GUNS N' ROSES and not AXL ROSE, and some may say that this is wrong, and already put the album expecting it to be bad.

By the way, Tom Zutaut said on an interview a few years ago that between 1997 and 2007 Guns N' Roses recorded over 70 demos. Imagine if they had been released since the first Chinese Democracy on 1999 when it was still called 2000 Intentions, and then followed up by albums on 2002, 2006 and 2008, how it was intended?

It's a shame that things didn't turn out as expected and as planned, and I just hope we can hear more from that great GNR era. I also consider Chinese Democracy an Axl Rose solo album, but it is my favorite album ever released under the GNR name, of any line-up.

Edited by ManetsBR

Perfect, i just don't agree with Street of Dreams and This i love. Both are cliche and don't combine with the rest of the album. And Scrapped too, the song's lyric is amazing, but the song itself is horrible. Awful rhythm, awful tone, awful guitars.

Edited by MattElias

Perfect, i just don't agree with Street of Dreams and This i love. Both are cliche and don't combine with the rest of the album. And Scrapped too, the song's lyric is amazing, but the song itself is horrible. Awful rhythm, awful tone, awful guitars.

Street of Dreams is not cliche. This I Love is, very cheesy too, but it's still a great song. And no songs on the album match any other songs, that's the whole point. From 1997 to 2007 they recorded about 70 demos, they went from classic rock to industrial, throw hard rock and grunge and experimental stuff like If The World. The fact that each song is different is one of the things I enjoy the most on this album.

And I like Scraped. I love the album.

Edited by ManetsBR

It's funny because I waited and waited for this fucking album and now I can't stand reading the words "Chinese Democracy" anymore. Enough is enough, come on Axl, release the big guns.

If I had to guess I'd say Axl considered Better, There Was A Time, and Catcher as some of the big guns when he said that the songs they played at the time weren't the strongest material he had.

Edited by Rovim

I actually see the progression from mid 90s to 2008 on CD.

Early on you have TIL, SoD, TWAT, Catcher, even rockers like Riad, Chi dem could be UYI or on a 1996 GNR album.

Then stuff like Madagascar, IRS, Better, Prostitute being the next evolution. Still could be on UYI but not really.

Then the fresher stuff like Shacklers, ITW, Scraped, Sorry reaally sounded like the new updated GNR for 2008.

To me its like we got the singles from 3 albums which got released on one record.

Edited by wasted