Do GNRS Intentionally f/w the Fans?

sailaway

John Lennon purposefully added nonsense lines to I Am The Walrus to mess with fans and critics who were over-analyzing Beatles lyrics, looking for hidden meanings and drug references.

Do you think GNR intentionally fucks with the fans/unfans + critics either by tweaking lyrics or in other ways, simply because they can, and because it's a trip to watch the reactions of the critics, fans/unfans?

Edited by sailaway

Glass Onion was the one where he was having fun with the fans and critics. "Here's another clue for you all, the Walrus was Paul", but I didn't think the song's nonsense, or Walrus, where he gave a jab at the cop who busted him. He did a lot of surreal poetry.

I think My World was one of the type of songs where he wanted to throw a curveball.

Glass Onion was the one where he was having fun with the fans and critics. "Here's another clue for you all, the Walrus was Paul", but I didn't think the song's nonsense, or Walrus, where he gave a jab at the cop who busted him. He did a lot of surreal poetry. I think My World was one of the type of songs where he wanted to throw a curveball.

I know if I had a captive audience, so to speak, I would be more than tempted to fk with their minds a bit, simply to watch the action...

Considering all is known, how fan forums are, it would be more than justified, to watch them try to decipher cryptic lyrics or interviews for that matter.

Good call on Glass onion and the walrus/ Paul connection..they caused quite a stir with the abbey road cover pic, and the supposedly muttered lyrics in walrus, " I buried Paul"

Come to think about it, GNRs knows that every word and action will be overanalyzed to extremes, and being in that damned-if-u-do/don't position might be utilizing some passive -aggressive toys

there are some hallmark characteristics of Passive-Aggressive behavior:

**Ambiguity or speaking cryptically: a means of creating a feeling of insecurity in others or of disguising one's own insecurities.

**Chronically being late and forgetting things: another way to exert control or to punish.

**Fear of competition Fear of dependency Fear of intimacy as a means to act out anger:

The passive–aggressive often cannot trust. Because of this, they guard themselves against becoming intimately attached to someone.

** Making chaotic situations

** Making excuses for non-performance in work teams

**Obstructionism

** Procrastination

**Sulking

** Victimization response: instead of recognizing one's own weaknesses,

**tendency to blame others for own failures.

Absolutely! Axl is a comedian---we know this because DJ keeps saying that Axl is so funny. If Axl weren't a rockstar, he would be a comedian!

All of this is actually one giant joke perpetrated by Mr Axl Rose. He's secretly been working on several albums with the AFD lineup ever since 1993, and in a few years, he'll release the albums and once again be on top of the world.

Come to think about it, GNRs knows that every word and action will be overanalyzed to extremes, and being in that damned-if-u-do/don't position might be utilizing some passive -aggressive toys

there are some hallmark characteristics of Passive-Aggressive behavior:

**Ambiguity or speaking cryptically: a means of creating a feeling of insecurity in others or of disguising one's own insecurities.

**Chronically being late and forgetting things: another way to exert control or to punish.

**Fear of competition Fear of dependency Fear of intimacy as a means to act out anger:

The passiveaggressive often cannot trust. Because of this, they guard themselves against becoming intimately attached to someone.

** Making chaotic situations

** Making excuses for non-performance in work teams

**Obstructionism

** Procrastination

**Sulking

** Victimization response: instead of recognizing one's own weaknesses,

**tendency to blame others for own failures.

Pretty cool, great point

Glass Onion was the one where he was having fun with the fans and critics. "Here's another clue for you all, the Walrus was Paul", but I didn't think the song's nonsense, or Walrus, where he gave a jab at the cop who busted him. He did a lot of surreal poetry.

I think My World was one of the type of songs where he wanted to throw a curveball.

I think My World was more of an FU to the other band members....

I think My World was more of an FU to the other band members....

By Axl, Duff and Tom Zutaut? :blink:

My World sounds exactly like what it is: a mushroom trip condensed to 1.5 min :lol:

Glass Onion was the one where he was having fun with the fans and critics. "Here's another clue for you all, the Walrus was Paul", but I didn't think the song's nonsense, or Walrus, where he gave a jab at the cop who busted him. He did a lot of surreal poetry. I think My World was one of the type of songs where he wanted to throw a curveball.

I know if I had a captive audience, so to speak, I would be more than tempted to fk with their minds a bit, simply to watch the action...

Considering all is known, how fan forums are, it would be more than justified, to watch them try to decipher cryptic lyrics or interviews for that matter.

Good call on Glass onion and the walrus/ Paul connection..they caused quite a stir with the abbey road cover pic, and the supposedly muttered lyrics in walrus, " I buried Paul"

Strawberry Fields Forever*