Can't You Hear Me Knockin'--The Perfect Stones song.

Vincent Vega

Anyone else think Can't You Hear Me Knockin' is like, the ultimate Rolling Stones song?

It has it all: An amazing, sleazy, ear worm riff straight outta the Chuck Berry playbook by Keith, a pumping groovy sort of bass, perfectly completely lead guitar by Mick Taylor, even Charlie's drums have a certain loose groove to them on this one, with great, drug soaked lyrics. The song just utterly comes together. First we have Keith's riff intro, then the bass comes in and plays along, jiving with the riff, playing off it, along with the drums, nice and loose but creating a great pocket. Then the two Mick's come in, filling in the rest of the sound, with Mick Taylor's lead parts playing off Keith's main rhythm. And then the song suddenly does a 180 into an epic Santana inspired jam that just rocks and reeks of sex.

The perfect Stones song.

It's one of them, not sure about the one.

This.

I'd do terrible things to be able to hear CYHMK with Mick live, especially now that it's an option.

God I hope they play it in Toronto!! :drool:

It's one of them, not sure about the one.

This.

I'd do terrible things to be able to hear CYHMK with Mick live, especially now that it's an option.

Yes, even in 2013 it sounds awesome! Now it's not just an opiton, but very possible.

Guest Len B'stard

Anyone else think Can't You Hear Me Knockin' is like, the ultimate Rolling Stones song?

It has it all: An amazing, sleazy, ear worm riff straight outta the Chuck Berry playbook by Keith

How'd you mean?