Do You Think Deep Inside & Ego Aside, Axl Really Wants Slash Back?

ChristmasFnatic

He will never work with Slash or talk to him again.

True

Ashba > Slash

lolwut? Ashba is a nobody. He doesn't contribute a single fucking riff to this band. btw he is a Slash copycat, but he can't play the SCOM intro properly.

If you're serious about this, then you're deaf.

If your musical taste like this (and as an axl nutswinger) then you should consider a lobotomy...

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grow a spine. I am sure my, as you call it, disgruntled and egoistical, posts will not affect your enjoyment of your cover band. If you desire a forum which merely lives in a sort of Nugnr utopia, devoid of disagreements, Jarmo's place is your forum.

You are right, your disgruntled and egoistical posts have no bearings on my enjoyment of Guns N' Roses, but it does lessen my enjoyment of this section at this forum. I by far prefer this forum over HTGTH. And why should I leave when it is you who are posting negative comments towards a lineup you don't like in a section devoted to said lineup just because you haven't been able to accept and come to terms with the mundane fact that the band has changed in ways you don't like? You are the one in the wrong here, not me. You are the one who ought to leave (back to sections devoted to something you actually care about).

Is this really that hard to understand or are you just sooooo very disappointed with GN'R not living up to your fantasies so that it completely overrides your mental faculties?

It is all well and good having rules but only if they apply to everyone. Volcano, Brainsaber and Warchild and a few others started posting that anti-slash shit all over this forum and were given a free reign. Then when they get a taste of their own medicine they go screaming to the mods and start crying about me, rustycage, maynard, pi2lic etc etc.

This forum has become a joke. I'll gladly follow the rules when they apply to everyone.

good post, although i don't completely agree with you some things (like the forum is a joke)

btw some of the Axl bashings gonna be too much sometimes

SoulMonster do you ever criticize Axl and newGnR or do you accept EVERYTHING they do?

I did have a post here recently about missed opportunities, I have said I don't like This I Love and If The World recently, I have also commented on the band as being dysfunctional and non-communicative not long ago. And that is just some of the things I believe are wrong in the world of GN'R.

But the difference between me and most guys here is that I don't get hung-up on the negatives so that they cloud for the positives. I have also been a fan for a long time now, and thought at multiple times that the band was over with. With this in mind, I take everything that happens with the band as a bonus now. I have ZERO expectations and just appreciate everything that comes my way. I also find that complaining about something as "irrelevant" as how a rock is faring, is sort of a waste of time. I have enough real problems in my life, problems where I am actually able to affect the outcomes, so I choose to focus on them and not trivia where I am impotent at controlling the result. In general I feel that whining about things implies a weak personality. I am more of a get-things-done person than one who spends time complaining about things I can't affect.

It's not all negative about this newGnR..I liked that they came to my country (Finland) in 2006 and 2010 and both shows were fucking awesome!! I really appreciate that Axl keeps the GnR name "alive" even though it's not the GnR I would like to have..It's obvious that this band will be compared to the old GnR lineup cause they can't never be as good as that band did..I think everybody realize this..But the one thing I don't like is the fact that they can't release new music..Is this band just a tour band or what?? And when you guys are at their gigs and hear the classic songs like paradise city, WTTJ etc. do you remember the old band playing those or do you think that this new band just covers them and keeps the old band that way in the background? Sorry if my english didn't make sense =D

It's not all negative about this newGnR..I liked that they came to my country (Finland) in 2006 and 2010 and both shows were fucking awesome!! I really appreciate that Axl keeps the GnR name "alive" even though it's not the GnR I would like to have..It's obvious that this band will be compared to the old GnR lineup cause they can't never be as good as that band did..I think everybody realize this..But the one thing I don't like is the fact that they can't release new music..Is this band just a tour band or what?? And when you guys are at their gigs and hear the classic songs like paradise city, WTTJ etc. do you remember the old band playing those or do you think that this new band just covers them and keeps the old band that way in the background? Sorry if my english didn't make sense =D

Nothing wrong with your English :)

I would have preferred new music by now, too. But 5 years really isn't that long to go between records for a band of GN'R's age, as follows from the Law of Rusty. We just need some more patience and then, hopefully, we will get to hear new music in the future.

Grow a spine. I am sure my, as you call it, disgruntled and egoistical, posts will not affect your enjoyment of your cover band. If you desire a forum which merely lives in a sort of Nugnr utopia, devoid of disagreements, Jarmo's place is your forum.

You are right, your disgruntled and egoistical posts have no bearings on my enjoyment of Guns N' Roses, but it does lessen my enjoyment of this section at this forum. I by far prefer this forum over HTGTH. And why should I leave when it is you who are posting negative comments towards a lineup you don't like in a section devoted to said lineup just because you haven't been able to accept and come to terms with the mundane fact that the band has changed in ways you don't like? You are the one in the wrong here, not me. You are the one who ought to leave (back to sections devoted to something you actually care about).

Is this really that hard to understand or are you just sooooo very disappointed with GN'R not living up to your fantasies so that it completely overrides your mental faculties?

Instead of playing the role of forum dictator, why not ignore those who cause you so much diress because their opinion is different than yours? You aren't an owner or a mod of this forum. It isn't your job to tell people what they can or cannot post. Why not ignore those who have a different opinion or simply put them on ignore? This forum wasn't designed to suit YOUR needs and its main point of existence isn't to suir YOUR needs either.

The reason this forum is the biggest and most active GnR forum is because the mods allow people to actually have an opinion of Axl and the band, and we aren't just limited to praising Axl's every move, lilke what goes on at HTGTH.

You also keep saying that five years isn't too long for a band of GnR/Axl's age. Again, you are distorting the facts. GnR has put out ONE album of original material in the past 20 years, with no news of a new album in the future. Bands that are the same "age" as GnR, and that are at the same level as GnR used to be, don't really fit into this blanket you like to use as an excuse for your idol. Go back to the late 80s and early 90s and what other rock bands were as big as GnR that are still touring? Metallica and Bon Jovi are probably the two that resemble GnR in terms of age/success. Care to compare their musical output over the last 15 years compared to Axl's???????

"""""I also find that complaining about something as "irrelevant" as how a rock is faring, is sort of a waste of time. I have enough real problems in my life, problems where I am actually able to affect the outcomes, so I choose to focus on them and not trivia where I am impotent at controlling the result. In general I feel that whining about things implies a weak personality. I am more of a get-things-done person than one who spends time complaining about things I can't affect.""""

But 90% of your posts are just you whining and complaining about other people's opinions of a rock band. You yourself said you come here to educate and ridicule those who have a different opinion than you do about a rock band. What you do on this forum every day is 100% opposite of what you said in that paragraph. Your actualy posting history is 100% different than what you imply in every sentence of that paragraph.

(I apologize if you were being sarcastic or trying to be funny in that paragraph).

Instead of playing the role of forum dictator, why not ignore those who cause you so much diress because their opinion is different than yours?

If you had read what I had written instead of entering Groghan-mode you would have seen the answer to that question yourself. Here it is again: "it does lessen my enjoyment of this section at this forum".

I didn't read the rest of your post.

"""""I also find that complaining about something as "irrelevant" as how a rock is faring, is sort of a waste of time. I have enough real problems in my life, problems where I am actually able to affect the outcomes, so I choose to focus on them and not trivia where I am impotent at controlling the result. In general I feel that whining about things implies a weak personality. I am more of a get-things-done person than one who spends time complaining about things I can't affect.""""

But 90% of your posts are just you whining and complaining about other people's opinions of a rock band. You yourself said you come here to educate and ridicule those who have a different opinion than you do about a rock band. What you do on this forum every day is 100% opposite of what you said in that paragraph. Your actualy posting history is 100% different than what you imply in every sentence of that paragraph.

(I apologize if you were being sarcastic or trying to be funny in that paragraph).

You yourself said you come here to educate and ridicule those who have a different opinion than you do about a rock band.

No, you insufferable fool. I have never said any such thing. Learn to read and/or think.

And yeah, didn't read the rest of your post.

Edited by SoulMonster

No, you insufferable fool.

Who talks this way? :rofl-lol:

He hates it when you call him out on things he has actually said!!!!!!

He loves to insult people - but then cries and whines when people are able to stand up to him and show him where he is wrong.

He did in fact say that he comes here to ridicule and educate people. And that he comes here to "win arguments." Can you imagine those being somebodys reasons to come to a rock n roll forum????

And look at the paragraph I keep highlighting that he is ignoring. The best way to shutdown SoulMonster is to just call him out on his bs posts. His own words sink his credibility. It's hilarious to watch.

""I also find that complaining about something as "irrelevant" as how a rock is faring, is sort of a waste of time." -- but constant praising something as "irrelevant" as how a rock band is faring, isn't a waste of time.

"I have enough real problems in my life, problems where I am actually able to affect the outcomes, so I choose to focus on them and not trivia where I am impotent at controlling the result." ---But you said you come here to educate and ridicule people who have a different opinion than you do.

"In general I feel that whining about things implies a weak personality."--- LOLOLOLOL. All he does is whine on here about what other people post. 90% of his posts are complaining and whining about people's posts. Classic. And this is a guy who brags about being a CEO and being a business tycoon.

"I am more of a get-things-done person than one who spends time complaining about things I can't affect."--I can only imagine he said this as a joke. Again, 90% of his posts are him whining about other people's posts.

It really is hard to take this guy seriously anymore.

He comes here to argue and cupcake people, rather than coming to chat about GnR - the band who the forum is dedicated to. Sad.

Who is the bigger fool? Someone who moans about a band all day, or, someone who moans all day about someone moaning about a band?

It depends on context, doesn't it? If this takes place in a forum devoted to a band then surely just coming there for petulant crying about the state of the band you don't like anymore is not only a waste of one's time but creates an environment that is detrimental to the objective of that forum, whereas objecting to people whose sole agenda is to rain on the parade of anyone who enjoys the band ("My reasons for posting here are to criticise a shambolic illegit bunch of fakes of my childhood band"), is the upstanding thing to do.

Edited by SoulMonster

You are arguing with Groghan though and he seems to genuinely want new music. Someone who hates a band usually does not desire any more music from them. It seems a fairly objective stance to take.

Me? I am a lost cause on nugnr. I think they are one hundred percent, cack. But it would have been nice to get the rest of the BH/Finck material out there to find out what Axl was doing during that period.

No, you insufferable fool.

Who talks this way? :rofl-lol:

He hates it when you call him out on things he has actually said!!!!!!

But I have never said what you claim I have. You are a liar.

Didn't read the rest of your post.

You said it, and you know it. Weird, as smart of a guy as you are, you'd think you would know the definition of the word liar. Oh well. And we all know you read the rest of my post. It's an actual quote from you..........but I'm sure I'm lying about that as well (even though you posted it earlier today). Funny stuff.

Diesel - you are 100% correct.

Some people come here to purposely ridicule/educate and try and "win" arguments against people that have a different opinion about GnR than they do. It's pretty childish.

As for the actual topic.

Nobody knows how Axl feels.

But at the end of the day, it is probably good that Slash isn't in GnR any more.

Slash loves to release music for his fans to enjoy. Axl doesn't enjoy that part of the music business. So the partnership would probably be very strained.

You are arguing with Groghan though and he seems to genuinely want new music. Someone who hates a band usually does not desire any more music from them. It seems a fairly objective stance to take.

I have never argued with Groghan because he wants new music. I agree with him on that. My problem with him, among other things, is his childish insistence on lying about me. I once said that I enjoy ridiculing cupcakes, or something like that, and he has twisted this into saying my reason for coming here is to ridicule and educate people, despite me explicitly saying I come here primarily to get news on the band. I think he has done this five times now and I can't fathom why such blatant, repeated lies about another forum member doesn't automatically result in a suspension. Oh well, I don't fear anyone believes a word he is writing anyway...

Me? I am a lost cause on nugnr. I think they are one hundred percent, cack. But it would have been nice to get the rest of the BH/Finck material out there to find out what Axl was doing during that period.

I don't think anyone is having a problem with your genuine dislike for a band. It's a subjective thing. I for once couldn't care less about your opinions on Guns N' Roses and the current lineup and I trust you couldn't care less about mine. There is nothing as boring and pointless as discussing personal preferences. We like what we like and it is all good. My problem with you is the fact that you, despite not liking the band, or probably because you don't like it, come to a section of a forum devoted to those that actually are fans just to express your dislike over and over and over again. With the fear of repeating myself, it just creates a negative environment for us fans who come here to discuss the band. There are section specifically designed for your interests. I don't go there to rain on your parade. Why do you insist on coming here just to be an ass?

You said it, and you know it.

No, I didn't. I did a search now to find the exact quote and I believe it is this:

"It's fun to interact with cupcakes when it offers you a way to ridicule them. I believe that is the best way to deal with them. Ridicule and mockery." Link: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/193193-the-best-of-the-rest-gnr-top-30-part-2/page-3#entry3219008

I am not certain whether you are deliberately lying about me, which would make you a dishonest person, or if it is just an inability on your part to digest long sentences without interpreting them in ways you feel like, which would make you stupid/insane. In either way, it is rather pathetic.

I have never argued with Groghan because he wants new music. I agree with him on that. My problem with him, among other things, is his childish insistence on lying about me. I once said that I enjoy ridiculing cupcakes, or something like that, and he has twisted this into saying my reason for coming here is to ridicule and educate people, despite me explicitly saying I come here primarily to get news on the band. I think he has done this five times now and I can't fathom why such blatant, repeated lies about another forum member doesn't automatically result in a suspension. Oh well, I don't fear anyone believes a word he is writing anyway...

I don't think anyone is having a problem with your genuine dislike for a band. It's a subjective thing. I for once couldn't care less about your opinions on Guns N' Roses and the current lineup and I trust you couldn't care less about mine. There is nothing as boring and pointless as discussing personal preferences. We like what we like and it is all good. My problem with you is the fact that you, despite not liking the band, or probably because you don't like it, come to a section of a forum devoted to those that actually are fans just to express your dislike over and over and over again. With the fear of repeating myself, it just creates a negative environment for us fans who come here to discuss the band. There are section specifically designed for your interests. I don't go there to rain on your parade. Why do you insist on coming here just to be an ass?

In fairness I am small potatoes compared to some of the other of your so called 'cupcakes'. You do not see me making many posts about Axl being 'fat', do you, and I even praise Nugnr when they get things right (see the thread on TWAT)?

I think Slash would jeopardize his own carreer by working with Wilam Bailey again. I mean, Slash is loved by everyone these days, from hip hop fans to metalheads. The redhead idiot on the other hand is a joke. Why would a successful and loved artist like Slash work with a fat and old version of Bailey? Slash barely aged and he's on top of his game, specially his guitar playing. Obviously he won't fill stadiums or huge arenas but he's doing what's important: making music, playing live and the prize for that is a loyal and happy fanbase. Gotta love Slash!