Do You Think Deep Inside & Ego Aside, Axl Really Wants Slash Back?

ChristmasFnatic

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm scared that a reunion would have expectations higher than the guys could fulfil, and would ultimately jeopardise their legacy from the 80's, 90's.

Agreed.

This is why I want Slash nothing to do with the joke Axl has become.

Or, they could completely compliment each other again and blow our minds!? I honestly believe we will never know...

Although I would love to see a song on CD II .... "feat Slash". rock4 Actually, I would love to see CD II period.

It seems like neither want to find band members good enough to match/replace the other. Miles is no Axl, and none of the guitarists from nuGNR are Slash.

The chemistry just isn't there in both cases...

Seems to me like the chemistry in both GN'R and whatever Slash's band is called, is great. Of course, you can't expect the sort of bond that the AFD lineup shared, that only comes at a certain age and after sharing their lives, but the chemistry is definitely good enough.

TBH Slash has become a joke garage touring with... Myles Kennedy is it? Anyways, Slash would jeopardise Axl's legacy and what he built from the ground up.

Why would Slash be a joke garage touring? He's released few records since VR broke up. He's performing to a decent audience night after night and his fans seem to like what he released. His fans get new songs and new old songs from time to time. His guitar playing has improved since he got sober and his current band has great musicians.

Now, tell me about Axl, he got fat, looks like shit, sounds like shit and he has released 1 album in 20 years, he also lost 3 members in the last 10 years whose were responsible for Chinese Democracy. Until early 2011 he would make his fans wait 2 hours or more without giving a fuck about 'em. If someone complained by throwing shit at him (well deserved) he would treat the whole audience to leave the stage like an old cry baby person.

What is this Axl's legacy you talkin' about? Nobody pays attention to him in the media. He's considered a shit person outside the forums. Stop lying to yourself 'cause he hasn't built fuckin' shit.

You're telling me that Miles and Slash, and DJ and Axl, have the same chemistry as Axl and Slash?

PUHHHHHLLLLLLEEEEAAAAASSSEEEEEEEEEE

You mean that chemistry where one would only meet the other in an ambush?

I don't think you read this part of my former post:

"Of course, you can't expect the sort of bond that the AFD lineup shared, that only comes at a certain age and after sharing their lives [...]"

That sentence above sort of acknowledges that they did have (note the past tense) a great relationship. That relationship, alas, is dead and buried ages ago. I wish this fact would soon dawn on the entire fan base.

You're telling me that Miles and Slash, and DJ and Axl, have the same chemistry as Axl and Slash?

PUHHHHHLLLLLLEEEEAAAAASSSEEEEEEEEEE

You mean that chemistry where one would only meet the other in an ambush?

I don't think you read this part of my former post:

"Of course, you can't expect the sort of bond that the AFD lineup shared, that only comes at a certain age and after sharing their lives [...]"

That sentence above sort of acknowledges that they did have (note the past tense) a great relationship. That relationship, alas, is dead and buried ages ago. I wish this fact would soon dawn on the entire fan base.

I'm exclusively talking about musical chemistry. It reflected that time, certainly, but I refuse to believe that either of them has found a "musical match" after the break up.

I'm exclusively talking about musical chemistry. It reflected that time, certainly, but I refuse to believe that either of them has found a "musical match" after the break up.

But even that chemistry died out. Musical differences was in fact one of the reasons why Slash quit the band. Numerous times during and after his tenure in GN'R did he bash Axl's musicianship and Axl has recently criticised Slash's stagnation as a guitar player. They did share great chemistry, both personal and musical, during the early time of the band, but the personal relationship soured and as musicians they grew apart. It is what it is.

I've never seen a poster who is critical of Axl bash him for his singing or songwriting in the past. All I've ever seen is jokes said out of frustration due to the present. The reality that people talk shit about Slash, cannot give him credit, and say he never should have been in the band is so retarded and bitchy and disillusioned. Why bother lying to be people on the Internet, i mean really? You loved gnr with slash in it, the songs are killer and half the reason they are that good is because of him. Your a fan and he is partly responsible for that. You don't have to shit on the past to support the present. You don't get to hate on a guy you don't know. Only Axl has that right because he knows him.

I've never seen a poster who is critical of Axl bash him for his singing or songwriting in the past. All I've ever seen is jokes said out of frustration due to the present. The reality that people talk shit about Slash, cannot give him credit, and say he never should have been in the band is so retarded and bitchy and disillusioned. Why bother lying to be people on the Internet, i mean really? You loved gnr with slash in it, the songs are killer and half the reason they are that good is because of him. Your a fan and he is partly responsible for that. You don't have to shit on the past to support the present. You don't get to hate on a guy you don't know. Only Axl has that right because he knows him.

great post.

TBH Slash has become a joke garagege touring with... Myles Kennedy is it? Anyways, Slash would jeopardise Axl's legacy and what he built from the ground up.

Why would Slash be a joke garage touring? He's released few records since VR broke up. He's performing to a decent audience night after night and his fans seem to like what he released. His fans get new songs and new old songs from time to time. His guitar playing has improved since he got sober and his current band has great musicians.

Now, tell me about Axl, he got fat, looks like shit, sounds like shit and he has released 1 album in 20 years, he also lost 3 members in the last 10 years whose were responsible for Chinese Democracy. Until early 2011 he would make his fans wait 2 hours or more without giving a fuck about 'em. If someone complained by throwing shit at him (well deserved) he would treat the whole audience to leave the stage like an old cry baby person.

What is this Axl's legacy you talkin' about? Nobody pays attention to him in the media. He's considered a shit person outside the forums. Stop lying to yourself 'cause he hasn't built fuckin' shit.

Slash is the one who drools like a sick dog when soloing. :rofl-lol: Edited by GNRFan53

TBH Slash has become a joke garagege touring with... Myles Kennedy is it? Anyways, Slash would jeopardise Axl's legacy and what he built from the ground up.

Slash is the one who drools like a sick dog when soloing. :rofl-lol:

And what if he drools? Does that affect his guitar playing in any shape or form? Try harder bro, you're an amateur. :lol:

And what if he drools? Does that affect his guitar playing in any shape or form? Try harder bro, you're an amateur. :lol:

One word. sellout.

One word. sellout.

Sellout because he drools?