Do You Think Deep Inside & Ego Aside, Axl Really Wants Slash Back?

ChristmasFnatic

No. Axl has made it pretty clear that Slash will never be back in GNR. That decision was made by both of them way back and since everyone has moved on and Axl still doesn't like Slash, why would he want him back in the band

GNR have 3 amazing guitar players now. They don't need Slash. Axl has been there and done that and it's done!

If ever GNR needed Slash its now...these three guys..who are they? Will their stuff be HOF in 20 years? Are they in demand for anything other than playing Slashs' material YET? Have they toured enough to get his chops down just right? Wondering minds would like to know. The smart money IF the goal is to be the biggest and baddest is to do the obvious. But there is no way home. No way back. So short of a come to jesus moment in Axls life ..what we get is what we get. Close but not quite there...not now and perhaps forever.

After trying to give Axl the benefit of the doubt for the last 20 years or so he really should call Slash. He doesn't utilize the players he has to go into the studio, be a band and record new material. So as long as he's just doing this nostalgia shit, why not take it full circle and give the world what it wants.

Because he doesn't like Slash?

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think Beta hates Slash more than Axl. For some odd reason Beta loaths the guy which is odd because their contact seems to have been slight (the infamous drunken visit in 2005. Probably Slash briefly met her during the Illusion era). I think it is because she knows that a rapproachment with Slash would signal the end of 'Team Brazil' dominance over GN'R. In other words, Beta's power over Guns N' Roses rests upon making Axl hate Slash.

yup. pretty much.

I actually think Beta hates Slash more than Axl. For some odd reason Beta loaths the guy which is odd because their contact seems to have been slight (the infamous drunken visit in 2005. Probably Slash briefly met her during the Illusion era). I think it is because she knows that a rapproachment with Slash would signal the end of 'Team Brazil' dominance over GN'R. In other words, Beta's power over Guns N' Roses rests upon making Axl hate Slash.

I think it has more to do with motherly protection. She doesn't want Axl to hang with the bad kids, that's all.

You know Axl's 51, right?

That relationship is so damn creepy.

I think it has more to do with motherly protection. She doesn't want Axl to hang with the bad kids, that's all.

I don't know what is creepy about Axl finally having a loving and caring family...if that is the case.

I don't know what is creepy about Axl finally having a loving and caring family...if that is the case.

Or do they only care about the money? Human is a greed species and I think most of us here would love to have some extra cash..I don't trust this team Brazil..Do they really care about Axl or is it just cause they have found a goldmine=GnR?

What is creepy is that they are of no relation to him whatsoever, Axl has a family, it isn't Team Brazil - he has a sister and I believe a brother, and for all we know nieces and nephews.

The family you speak of are all on his payroll and have infiltrated every aspect of his life.

In my books that is creepy. Even more so when you have two people in their fifties in a mother son relationship. Thats just fucked in the head.

why do you think a break up would be bad for beta? she won't bee the manager anymore but she'll still have her power over axl and axl will be richer. If she wants the cash she'll talk axl into it when attendance gets low. It would've happened by now considering all the years that axl was wasting money on his vision and not even touring that much. So it's either axl not budging or it's not about money.

Beta is either just using using axl for money or is a nutcase herself otherwise i don't see how she was okay with axl seeing yoda instead of a real therapist witch he obviously needs but couldn't stand mangers that she thought didn't support axls vision run the band. Not to mention she and her children lived in a house with an unstable guy with a history of domestic abuse.

why do you think a break up would be bad for beta? she won't bee the manager anymore but she'll still have her power over axl and axl will be richer. If she wants the cash she'll talk axl into it when attendance gets low. It would've happened by now considering all the years that axl was wasting money on his vision and not even touring that much. So it's either axl not budging or it's not about money.
Beta is either just using using axl for money or is a nutcase herself otherwise i don't see how she was okay with axl seeing yoda instead of a real therapist witch he obviously needs but couldn't stand mangers that she thought didn't support axls vision run the band. Not to mention she and her children lived in a house with an unstable guy with a history of domestic abuse.

Read that one interview where she talks about her failed relationships. She's as damaged as him.

Or do they only care about the money? Human is a greed species and I think most of us here would love to have some extra cash..I don't trust this team Brazil..Do they really care about Axl or is it just cause they have found a goldmine=GnR?

Humans are also a loving species.

What is creepy is that they are of no relation to him whatsoever, Axl has a family, it isn't Team Brazil - he has a sister and I believe a brother, and for all we know nieces and nephews.

I don't find it creepy that a person who grew up in a dysfunctional family he ran away from, has sought shelter in a new loving family that obviously cares about him.

I don't find it creepy that a person who grew up in a dysfunctional family he ran away from, has sought shelter in a new loving family that obviously cares about him.

I don't think anyone in his right mind would take exception to Axl having found a family... if that is what Team Brazil represents. But what most of us object to is the way the band is currently managed.

Edited by TombRaider

I don't think anyone in his right mind would take exception to Axl having found a family... if that is what Team Brazil represents. But what most of us object to is the way the band is currently managed.

I think THAT is an unrelated issue. What people have been talking to in this thread, and which I have been commenting on, is the alleged creepiness of Axl's personal relationship with the Lebeis. Again, I don't find it creepy that a damaged man like Axl has find stability in a loving family as an adult. I find it sort of sweet, actually.

As for this family becoming his managers, that is an unrelated issue, but I have no problems with it AS LONG AS the results are good.

Exactly. The problem is that an important number of fans here, not haters, fans like everyone else, think the band could be doing so much more as far as new music goes. And since they aren't, hate against Team Brazil ensues, imho.

I just bought Alice in Chain's The Devil Put Dinosaurs here. Megadeth's new album is being released soon. Metallica is already talking about a new album, so is Iron Maiden. My point being that bands need to release albums on a fairly regular basis. In fact, I don't think anyone cares if the guys in the bands I just mentioned hate each other or not or hold grudges against each other or not, as long as they release music and the fans are pleased, the fans are appeased.

99.9% of the criticism towards GnR, Axl and Team Brazil has to do with the lack of new music. All the jokes, the trolling, the hate, call it whatever you wanna call it, it all stems from the lack of new music.

imho.

Exactly. The problem is that an important number of fans here, not haters, fans like everyone else, think the band could be doing so much more as far as new music goes. And since they aren't, hate against Team Brazil ensues, imho.

I find it unfair to hate on Team Brazil for Axl's lack of productivity.

Maybe it is. But you can't blame anyone for assuming they could be doing so much more to talk Axl into releasing new material. I'm not a musician and I've never been in a band, but I guess part of a manager's job is to keep the band they manage moving forward. I always like to bring up Ron Smallwood, Iron Maiden's manager. That guy is a fricking genius. If you've ever read the official Iron Maiden biography, you'll realize he is as important to Iron Maiden's success as Steve Harris. In fact, if it hadn't been for Ron Smallwood, Bruce would've never come back, since it was Ron who realized Blaze being in Iron Maiden was not only affecting album sales but also concert attendance. My point being, if they're managing GnR, if Beta has all the power people say she does, then she is in the position to talk to Axl and to make him see that the best thing for him to do is to release new material or the CD leftovers. I cannot understand why she wouldn't do that. Or maybe she doesn't want to or need to or wish to, which would be weird, because you'd think a manager's job would be to help the band. How is not releasing new material helping GnR? Beats me.

Edited by TombRaider

Well... what are they doing?

We don't know, do we? But they have been able to arrange flawless touring, more interviews with Axl than we are used to, live streams, etc. Basically, what we have got after they took over is a more functional band.

Yes, that's true. But that's not what we really want. Or maybe what I would like. I'll just wait until 2015 to bring up by question about what they're doing as management.

I think we all want the same. My point is just that I think it is unfair to blame the management team if we don't get new music, because I believe the power they hold is rather limited. It is all up to Axl.

I also believe that they should be judged based on what they achieve, and although I admit it is hard to know what should be credited to them or not, I still can't help myself but see the improvements compared to previous managements, and hence conclude that I have no reason to criticise them.

@TheDiceMan Maybe he means the fact that there haven't been any more lineup changes.

EDIT: @SoulMonster Do you mean the more stable lineup for instance?

Stable lineup, great touring, few mishaps, live streams, a more active Axl in the media, ++.

I guess Team Brazil has learned that there's only so much they can do when it comes to managing GnR before Axl gets pissed or flies off the handle. So maybe they know there's more the band could be doing in terms of releasing new material, but they'd rather not go there or bring up the topic when Axl is around.

I've never met Axl in my life, but I guess dealing with Axl must be a lot like walking on thin ice.

I guess Team Brazil has learned that there's only so much they can do when it comes to managing GnR before Axl gets pissed or flies off the handle. So maybe they know there's more the band could be doing in terms of releasing new material, but they'd rather not go there or bring up the topic when Axl is around.

I've never met Axl in my life, but I guess dealing with Axl must be a lot like walking on thin ice.

Ex bandmembers have also told that Axl was difficult to handle and was pain in the ass sometimes..

Even in this 1988 Slash and Duff interview you can clearly see how Axl was difficult at times, starts at 1.14

Edited by gunnari

Why does Axl even hate Slash? Has the public got real answer to that?

Rose's hate for Slash has to do with Rose's own damaged mental status. Rose, the dictator (according to everyone who made Guns N Roses), ran off Izzy, then Slash, then Duff, fired Matt Sorum, hired Dizzy Reed, then the replacement band, and at the end of the day, got exactly what he wanted: ownership of the name Guns N Roses and sole responsibility for the music put out under the brand "Guns N Roses".

14 years and, what, $14 million dollars later, an album is put out that underwhelms (to put it mildly), Rose is being blamed by everyone for breaking up such a great band, he's been a hermit for over a decade, and so he has to lash out at someone. Izzy left well before Slash, so he can't be the focus of his hatred. Duff, to Axl, was never an "equal partner", so he can't be the focus of his hatred. That leaves Slash, who left after Izzy, but before Duff and before Sorum was fired. Slash has to be the "cancer". Slash has to be the one Rose blames for destroying Guns N Roses. Because he can't blame himself, even when it is obvious he is the one to blame for destroying the band. Slash is the logical choice for him to lash out at. So Slash becomes the center of his hatred.

Sure, he still harbors ill will towards all of "them" (Izzy, Slash, Duff, Stephanie Seymour) and always will, due, again, to his damaged mental status, but Slash gets the bulk of it.