Old GnR Hangouts

sword&tulipz

You have to stop making these threads dude. Beta might read them and she might get upset. And if she gets upset and tells Axl, he might also get upset. Please stop posting that stuff, and quick let's have those threads put in the correct section.

• 5 months later...

More photos:

Canter's Deli

CANTERS-DELI-640x480.jpg

Fairfax High School

Where Adler met Slash and Slash met Michelle Young (My Michelle)

FAIRFAX-HIGH-640x480.jpg

Centerfold News Stand

Slash used to work here

CENTERFOLD-640x480.jpg

Franklin Plaza Hotel (now Apartments)

GNR used to stay here for long periods of time. Janis Joplin and Nikki Six OD'ed here as well

franklin-plaza-apartments-los-angeles-ca

GNR Rehearsal (1506 N Gardner St)

GNR rehearsed here in 85 and 86 and sometimes even lived here. Among the members it was known as "Sunset & Gardner Hotel & Villa". My Michelle and Nighttrain were written here

GUNS-LOKALE-640x480.jpg

Sunset Strip Tattoo

Axl got some of his tattoos here, including the AFD cross. Their logo t-shirt was used by Axl in the SCOM video

SUNSET-STRIP-TATTOO-640x480.jpg

Mobil Gas Station

GNR's first photoshoot took place here in 1985

MOBIL-640x479.jpg

Andaz Hotel/ Hyatt on Sunset

Axl had a BBQ on his balcony here once and threw BBQ-meat down to the fans before firefighters came by and stopped the party

ANDAZ-640x480.jpg

• Like 2

Pink Dot

One of Adler's favourite hangouts

PINK-DOT-640x480.jpg

Former GNR Apartment (Vicky Hamilton)

GNR stayed in 1114, while Motely Crüe lived in 1124

LEILIGHET-GUNS-640x480.jpg

The Rainbow Bar & Grill

Inside by the corner is the GNR table, where GNR sits during the November Rain video

RAINBOW-2-640x480.jpg

The Troubadour

Where GNR played their first show

TROUBADOUR-640x480.jpg

You can read the whole article here: http://p3.no/pyro/tidenes-guide-fra-tarjei/

Its in Norwegian, but I guess you can use a translator

Edited by sword&tulipz
  • Like 3

Tower Video was across the street. I didn't see any photos of it,but I remember where it was.

Anyhow, this place has been frequented by pretty much everyone from Belushi to Halle Berry's car.

Belushi%20Gil%20Turners.JPG

Wake up baby an put on your clothes and take your credit card to the liquer store......

In Watch You Bleed, a former Geffen employee recounts to Davis, "Axl fucked two or three girls at least two or three times at Rumbo Sound, without being satisfied with the results." One of these girls, the one who made the cut, was Adriana. Davis writes of the recording session: "As the tape was rolling, Axl barked at her: 'C'mon, Adriana! Stop faking -- make it real!'"

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2009/05/revisiting_la_music_history_gu.php

Haha! Good strategy! :D Im not satisfied, next one!

That picture of Tower Records makes me bummed out, I miss that place!

They're trying to give it landmark status, I also can see the possibility of Tower coming back to LA being that they're still operational. If they had just shrunk it down to a small handful of stores and lowered the prices, it would still be around. Nostalgia for a store is fine, but if you can get the music cheaper elsewhere and you have other stores in SoCal like Amoeba in LA and Lou's in San Diego (and others that are still open) where you have helpful people and the prices are better? Wherehouse had better prices for the used stuff, but they were like Tower when it came to new music and video.

In Watch You Bleed, a former Geffen employee recounts to Davis, "Axl fucked two or three girls at least two or three times at Rumbo Sound, without being satisfied with the results." One of these girls, the one who made the cut, was Adriana. Davis writes of the recording session: "As the tape was rolling, Axl barked at her: 'C'mon, Adriana! Stop faking -- make it real!'"

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2009/05/revisiting_la_music_history_gu.php

Haha! Good strategy! :D Im not satisfied, next one!

So now he was holding auditions?

• Like 1