Does anybody still have faith in Axl?

rosehudson

I mean I did have faith... for a long time and it paid off, I got CD but as of late I have no faith in Axl anymore.

To be clear it's not the band as a whole I've lost faith in, I don't particularly like the current line-up but I am willing to concede that they are genuinely talented musicians, it's Axl. There is no evidence he has set foot in a studio since 2007 (and that was to mix), he hasn't been practicing with the band, he's forgetting his lyrics, running out of breath mid line, coughing, he sounds terrible and he's just gotten embarressing to watch, he acts like a child, his temper tamptrums are pathetic.

If we do get a new album I doubt there will be any new material but to be honest I'm struggling to believe that there will even be an album of old new material and if there is it then I have no doubt it will be even more overproduced than CD.

He looks rediculous, like he is trying to be the same man he was 30 years ago crossed with a transvestite diva, I don't like to look at him, I have spent years wanting to see Guns N' Roses, now I don't want to, I'd be ashamed to be there.

I've seen that alot of people feel the same as me, what I want to know is if there is that doesn't?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the look and sounds coming from the fans in Dallas on Wednesday night, I'd say many people still have faith in Axl.

Hopefully, one day there will be new music, because I think this is the GNR Axl can make awesome music with.

To be clear it's not the band as a whole I've lost faith in, I don't particularly like the current line-up but I am willing to concede that they are genuinely talented musicians, it's Axl. There is no evidence he has set foot in a studio since 2007 (and that was to mix), he hasn't been practicing with the band, he's forgetting his lyrics, running out of breath mid line, coughing, he sounds terrible and he's just gotten embarressing to watch, he acts like a child, his temper tamptrums are pathetic.

Err, have you actually been paying attention? Axl doesn't have much temper tantrums anymore, he seems more content than ever. The recent shows have received nothing but praise from members who have attended). He hasn't been forgetting lyrics lately (as far as I know).

And absence from evidence is not evidence for absence.

LOL - just because Axl hasn't had a public hissy fit in a year or so you think he doesn't have much temper tantrums anymore.

Fuckin LOL

A leopard doesn't change its spots

Edited by TheDiceMan

LOL - just because Axl hasn't had a public hissy fit in a year or so you think he doesn't have much temper tantrums anymore.

Fuckin LOL

I don't know if you were born in the 90s, but he used to have public tantrums ALL the time then, especially from stage. So yeah, the OP is wrong in implying that "all the tantrums today" is a reason for us to "lose faith in him". He simply has his facts wrong. The premise is flawed. Bad trolling.

Fuckin LOL

I don't know if you were born in the 90s, but he used to have public tantrums ALL the time then, especially from stage. So yeah, the OP is wrong in implying that "all the tantrums today" is a reason for us to "lose faith in him". He simply has his facts wrong. The premise is flawed. Bad trolling.

Haha, firstly, this isn't trolling, you should see me cupcake it is a thing of beauty

If you think there have been no recent hissy fits you're blind, they're all over most of the topics on the first page of the discussion section. Lastly his tantrums were not my only point, yet it seems you believe that I think that's enough reason to lose faith, your premise is flawed.

Edited by rosehudson

Fuckin LOL

Haha, firstly, this isn't trolling, you should see me cupcake it is a thing of beauty

If you think there have been no recent hissy fits you're blind, they're all over most of the topics on the first page of the discussion section. Lastly his tantrums were not my only point, yet it seems you believe that I think that's enough reason to lose faith, your premise is flawed.

I haven't said there has been "no hissy fits". I am saying that there are much fewer of these today than in the days when he was on top artistically and hence your whole idea of pointing to today's tantrum as some sign that we should lose faith in him, is botched.

If you wanted some trolling that made sense, you could have tried arguing that the absence of hissy fits today signals that he has lost his muse.

Edited by SoulMonster

Quite like this topic - in short yes I do have faith. Firstly Axl has considerably fewer "tantrums" these days. He appears to be the most mellow he's ever been, its this fact that actually lends me to believe in him and keep faith. Less issues, less grudges, more public appearances talk of writing and recording sessions is all very healthy and will serve as a good environment to be creative and really produce some quality work. I have no doubt there are a few gems that were left off CD and combine those with some tracks from the best version of nu guns and i think there is a great album in the offing.

Fuckin LOL

I haven't said there has been "no hissy fits". I am saying that there are much fewer of these today than in the days when he was on top artistically and hence your whole idea of pointing to today's tantrum as some sign that we should lose faith in him, is botched.

If you wanted some trolling that made sense, you could have tried arguing that the absence of hissy fits today signals that he has lost his muse.

But I'm not pointing to soley that, that was one small point out of a whole bunch of bigger ones, that you are choosing to focus on and once again this isn't trolling. This is a genuine topic of discussion, you not liking it does not make it an attempt at trolling, you clearly have no idea on the definition of trolling.

picard-facepalm.jpg

No faith.

Are you really Rose Hudson or is it a coincidence?

That depends who's asking :awesomeface:

I have no faith in him to get any thing done, put any effort into anything he's doing, or release anything new. However, he's done more for me than I could ever ask, so anything that he does from this point on is more like a happy surprise. It's a lot easier of a mind set to have than waiting on him forever.

Yes, would any of us be here if we LOST complete faith? I don't think so. Go to a Slash forum and ask the same question.

To discuss the music?

Really, losing faith in the future of a band does not ruin the past of the band. I swear sometimes it's like talking to a brick wall.

Fuckin LOL

But I'm not pointing to soley that, that was one small point out of a whole bunch of bigger ones, that you are choosing to focus on and once again this isn't trolling. This is a genuine topic of discussion, you not liking it does not make it an attempt at trolling, you clearly have no idea on the definition of trolling.

picard-facepalm.jpg

No faith.

Some guy who wants to ban the shit out of you.

Nah, its smoothie

Fuckin LOL

picard-facepalm.jpg

No faith.

Nah, its smoothie

Haha, hey smoothie, what's with the name change?

Axl seems to be a very unpredictable person. I think that sometimes he truly wants to move forward with his ideas, but one of the major problems with his progress could maybe be his uncompromising nature.

Also, he was the frontman of the biggest band in the world, and he still does things his way on Axl time. Late starts that cost him a lot of money (though it's gotten better)

I try to guess what's the holdup with releasing an album that is probably mostly done. My best guess is that Axl and the record company can't agree on a budget and/or he's still in touring mode, 'promoting' Chinese and giving it the attention he believes it deserves.

He said he always viewed Chinese as a double. I always go back to that cause I think it means he does want to release the second half.

To me it's not an 'if' question, but more of a 'when' thing. We'll see it, but I don't know if soon's the word.

I have faith that he can get himself together enough to put on some competent nostalgia shows. Beyond that, not really.

I do think that if he tries he can get his voice back up to scratch. Steve Tyler did it so why can't Axl. I hope he can do that much, then maybe I'll want to see them again.

Fuckin LOL

picard-facepalm.jpg

No faith.

Nah, its smoothie

Haha, hey smoothie, what's with the name change?

Well Gonzaga University's mascot is a bulldog, and I was up on their nuts when the tournament was happening, and then they got destroyed soooo....