When did Axl stop being a prolific songwriter? If he still is, what the hell keeps him from recording and releasing this music?

TombRaider

Guest NGOG

Are you incapable of differentiating between being a prolific songwriter and actually releasing said material? Axl will always be a prolific songwriter, he just struggles with putting the material out there.

Why don't you ask him in Twitter?

Because:

a. He won't answer my question

b. I'm not using social media anymore.

Are you incapable of differentiating between being a prolific songwriter and actually releasing said material? Axl will always be a prolific songwriter, he just struggles with putting the material out there.

Did you read the title? There's your answer.

Guest NGOG

Songwriting has absolutely nothing to do with the bureaucracy of releasing material. Your title insinuates that because Axl has difficulties in dealing with the industry, that voids his ability to write songs. It does not. One involves creativity, the other pertains to politics.

Trust me, I am not insinuating anything. All I'm doing is asking a very simple question. He owns the name, he can definitely write songs. What keeps him from releasing it on a more regular basis?

Edited by TombRaider

Why don't you ask him in Twitter?

Because:

a. He won't answer my question

b. I'm not using social media anymore.

lol ngog

Guest NGOG

All I'm doing is asking a very question. He owns the name, he can definitely write songs. What keeps him from releasing it on a more regular basis?

First of all your thread refutes that Axl can write songs. If you have since revised that, fine. I have attempted to answer your question for you. Over the years Axl has written a wealth of material none of which has seen the light of day. A lack of creativity does not purport to explain this as we've heard countless people involved say thirty plus songs exist. It has to do, as I've said, with the bureaucracy. Axl has historically had a volatile relationship with the industry.

Guest NGOG

It may be a language barrier thing, but... how does my thread refuse that Axl can write songs?

'When did Axl stop being a prolific songwriter'

How does that not clearly insinuate that Axl can no longer write songs? You have suggested that at some point Axl lost his creativiy. Then you have related that to his seeming inability to release anything.

In reality, his artistry and struggles with the industry are two different things.

We can all agree Axl is a great songwriter, the question at hand is "Why is Axl holding unreleased material if said material is complete?" Correct me if I am wrong TombRaider.

Not much of the material from the CD sessions is complete. The only exception we know of would be Atlas Shrugged. Band members have repeatedly talked about the need to work more on that material before it can be released.

Axl is probably wondering if he should finish these songs as they are, finish them and replace guitar parts, or just make new music.

Maybe he doesn't have anything to say right now that he hasn't already said in songs.

Fleetwood Mac just reunited and they were supposed to do new music and release a new cd and then tour, but they couldn't make any new music, so they toured instead. The just sold out the AA venue here in Dallas and no one bitched about no new music and got a very good review in the Dallas news.

Maybe Axl's not feeling it right now? No one knows except for him. I know the other band members have said they have been writing songs, but we all know Axl has the last word on what gets recorded and released, so if Axl's not feeling it, it won't happen.

I'd saying touring for over 3 years and getting out songs from CD is what Axl wants to do right now. Honestly, with all the amazing songs he' written, I don't know what's left to write about?

We can all agree Axl is a great songwriter, the question at hand is "Why is Axl holding unreleased material if said material is complete?" Correct me if I am wrong TombRaider.

Exactly. That is the real question. Why wait for years and years and years to share music with his millions of fans?

val22.....is there anything Axl could do musically that you wouldn't find a way to praise? As a die-hard fan, how are you happy with one Axl Rose album in the last 20 years?

And the beaucracy and behind the scenes stuff people keep talking about. What is that exactly?

Megadeth albums don't sell 3 million copies anymore. And Mustaine has had a revolving door of musicians, I think I read that there have been 30 different musicians have been part of Megadeth for at least one album/tour. But they are able to put out an album every two years.

If Axl had Megadeth's management team, could GnR release music on a more frequent basis?

If Axl has all this music in the can.............and he has always viewed CD as a trilogy.............and all the new band members are constantly writing songs.................why are we sitting at one album in the past 20 years, with no new album in sight?

Im not sure how much Axl wrote. Izzy wrote a lot on UYI.

Axl seems to come in on a track in the early stages and in adding vocal melodies and lyrics molds the song.

Axl wrote Nov Rain, Estranged, prob had a lot of input to SCOM.

To me Sod, twat, catcher, TIL, prostitute are Axl written songs.

Im quite interested in the process and how and what Axl writes. Are vocals n melodies basically the tune.

You can tell on UYI its just Axl sing on Slash or Izzy songs. They didnt work together on the songs.

As a layman only Izzy seems like a consistent song writer.

at the end of the day, Axl being a prolific song writer means nothing to his millions of fans.........if he isn't going to share his music with them.

I'd rather Axl write 5 songs a year and release an album every three years.........than him write 25 songs a year and release an album every 25 years.

at the end of the day, Axl being a prolific song writer means nothing to his millions of fans.........if he isn't going to share his music with them.

I'd rather Axl write 5 songs a year and release an album every three years.........than him write 25 songs a year and release an album every 25 years.

The problem would be if those 5 songs a year aren't really good. Then it would be better if he wrote 25 songs a year for 25 years and then picked the ten best for a record. Unless you are one of those who are of the opinion that anything he does is great. I personally isn't very impressed with his song writing alone, in my opinion he is best when collaborating with other guys who can provide song structures, riffs and ideas.