What if Axl go solo after the end of this tour

Russel Nash

an axl solo career by 94 could have saved gnr from the break-up. i'm sure an alternative/industrial record from axl would be succesful and attract interest from everybody, without slash needing to play things he didn't like. and then they could reunite after this creative break. too bad axl's ego killed the band.

This.

If Axl would've just Thom Yorked it and taken his quirkier interests to the side in a solo project, things might have turned out much differently.

stay under the GNR name was a lot more complicated than going solo. He has no balls you say? I think the opposite. Go solo is/was the easy way out, even if is not successful has GNR

Yeah, I agree and so does Tommy:

Tommy: Axl has some good reasons for what he's doing and what we're doin,' and I thought, 'You know, that's a ballsy fuckin' dude. [Creative Loafing, February 2005]

Tommy: [Axl] didn't start over. The other guys just kind of vacated the band. They said, "Fuck it, I don't want to work." Axl just decided to go on. He called me and asked me to do it and got the other guys to do it as well. Axl just wanted to keep working. He didn't want to start completely over after everything the band had been through. I think it was a pretty ballsy move [D9 At Night, November 2011]

Tommy: By the time I joined, I walked in going, This sounds kinda punk rock what [Axl]s trying to do and thinking of doing. You know, everyone quit, and [Axl] was like, I wanna work. I didnt spend 10 years on this to let it go now. Fuck you guys! Im going to keep it going. I thought that was pretty fucking ballsy. I said, Im down. I still think it was a good idea. [Chicago Sun Times, November 2011]

I think tommy needs to take a step back and join reality - one album in 20 yrs aint going back to work -

stay under the GNR name was a lot more complicated than going solo. He has no balls you say? I think the opposite. Go solo is/was the easy way out, even if is not successful has GNR

Yeah, I agree and so does Tommy:

Tommy: Axl has some good reasons for what he's doing and what we're doin,' and I thought, 'You know, that's a ballsy fuckin' dude. [Creative Loafing, February 2005]

Tommy: [Axl] didn't start over. The other guys just kind of vacated the band. They said, "Fuck it, I don't want to work." Axl just decided to go on. He called me and asked me to do it and got the other guys to do it as well. Axl just wanted to keep working. He didn't want to start completely over after everything the band had been through. I think it was a pretty ballsy move [D9 At Night, November 2011]

Tommy: By the time I joined, I walked in going, This sounds kinda punk rock what [Axl]s trying to do and thinking of doing. You know, everyone quit, and [Axl] was like, I wanna work. I didnt spend 10 years on this to let it go now. Fuck you guys! Im going to keep it going. I thought that was pretty fucking ballsy. I said, Im down. I still think it was a good idea. [Chicago Sun Times, November 2011]

I think tommy needs to take a step back and join reality - one album in 20 yrs aint going back to work -

I believe he believes in further releases:

Tommy: We need to start thinking about making a new record. You know, it’s due. We’ve been travelling around the world and touring behind this one record for long enough. I really don’t know if there’s a lot more touring we can do behind this record that we haven’t done already ... twice even! It’s probably a good time to get back and write some new songs. [...]

I think when we get back Stateside, we only have some small weekend runs for a while ... I think that should give people time to write some new material. [...]

The music cuts through the bullshit, that’s how Guns n’ Roses works. But I don’t think we would need to spend that amount of time to make another record. The reason we took such a long time was because Axl was kind of assembling a band as the (Chinese Democracy) album was being made ... so you had a lot of guys coming in and things changing.

Hopefully , each of us will write a song or two, throw them in the mix, then we all get together in one studio ... in short span of time, hopefully. That would be the goal. No one has 10 more years to spend making a record, you know. [...]

That’s the hard part with everyone scattered about ... I live in Hudson, New York, (guitarist) DJ Ashba lives in Las Vegas (Nevada) and Axl lives in Malibu (California). You know, if everyone wrote one song and we went and recorded those eight songs, we would have more than an album’s worth of material. We have some leftover tunes from the last record. We could feasibly make a record quickly ... it could happen. But we’ll just have to accept it: our art is as big a stumbling block as anything [The Star, March 31, 2013].

I can see it open with Sweet Child, play Nov rain and Estranged, Live N Let Die, Heavens Door, SOD, TIL, Prostitute, covers like Sailing, Seeker, do some Elton and Queen songs.

An Evening with Axl Rose.

To me solo is when you write all the songs yourself. Its just a different line up.

Yep, the current lineup creates music like a collective, they are a band, not just session/touring musicians playing the music of a solo artist.

Better is a Finck song, Freese wrote the riff to Chi Dem, Shackler's is basically Bucket song, Dizzy wrote Silkworms with Pitman?

In many ways CD has the same approach as AFD all the members bringing songs then the whole band working them up. There's more solo feel on UYI with Axl's songs and Izzy's songs and Slash's songs.

But I kind of know what people mean in a way, say with Ozzy solo does he write all the songs himself?

I think I have a Jagger solo and it just says Jagger for every song or something.

Edited by wasted