What if Axl go solo after the end of this tour

Russel Nash

He should've gone solo in 1997. Like Ozzy did after he left (/was kicked out of) Sabbath. Just imagine, the name "Axl Rose" could be as huge as "Guns n' Roses".

So yeah, if he would go solo, that would be great! He would be a little late, but it would be great.

Edited by jekylhyde

He doesn't and hasn't had the balls to go solo and make something of his own.

He prefers to piggy back off the work of others instead.

sad but this true, who would have thought after AFD and UYI we'd say axl ain't got no balls

but if he did, I may actually gain respect for the sell-out

All he would need to do is drop the GnR name, and tour as "axl rose"....

Axl or someone said one time that if axl were to do solo work it would be full of stuff like OMG and the unreleased song written around the same time "Daddy Can The Devil Do Mommy And Me?" .

I would rather him work under the GnR name though. I feel like he has more pressure to release stuff under the GnR name than he would solo. And if under pressure he wont release stuff, why would he if noone/few wanted him to?

Edited by liers

stay under the GNR name was a lot more complicated than going solo. He has no balls you say? I think the opposite. Go solo is/was the easy way out, even if is not successful has GNR

Yeah, I agree and so does Tommy:

Tommy: Axl has some good reasons for what he's doing and what we're doin,' and I thought, 'You know, that's a ballsy fuckin' dude. [Creative Loafing, February 2005]

Tommy: [Axl] didn't start over. The other guys just kind of vacated the band. They said, "Fuck it, I don't want to work." Axl just decided to go on. He called me and asked me to do it and got the other guys to do it as well. Axl just wanted to keep working. He didn't want to start completely over after everything the band had been through. I think it was a pretty ballsy move [D9 At Night, November 2011]

Tommy: By the time I joined, I walked in going, ‘This sounds kinda punk rock what [Axl]’s trying to do and thinking of doing.’ You know, everyone quit, and [Axl] was like, ‘I wanna work. I didn’t spend 10 years on this to let it go now. Fuck you guys! I’m going to keep it going.’ I thought that was pretty fucking ballsy. I said, ‘I’m down.’ … I still think it was a good idea. [Chicago Sun Times, November 2011]

By "this tour," I assume you mean the Use Your Illusion tour, right?

This.

Axl has been solo since he forced Duff and Slash

out of the band.

This.

He doesn't and hasn't had the balls to go solo and make something of his own.

He prefers to piggy back off the work of others instead.

And this.

an axl solo career by 94 could have saved gnr from the break-up. i'm sure an alternative/industrial record from axl would be succesful and attract interest from everybody, without slash needing to play things he didn't like. and then they could reunite after this creative break. too bad axl's ego killed the band.