Funeral Reunion

Gun N' Roses

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when did axl spent the whole night with steven at the hospital ? and what major movie release did axl missed ?

My guess would be the Dead Pool, its a Clint Eastwood movie, and a good one to not just because the band make a few cameos.

The long quote to Del was a good little read along with the one about Axl being at his bed side, that's what friends do. Crazy that Steven almost killed Erin, and basically ended their friendship. Drugs make people do some very irrational things.

Thanks for posting those quotes Soulmonster, don't recall ever reading the interview with Del from Spinner, do you happen to have a link? Thanks.

when did axl spent the whole night with steven at the hospital ? and what major movie release did axl missed ?

My guess would be the Dead Pool, its a Clint Eastwood movie, and a good one to not just because the band make a few cameos.

The long quote to Del was a good little read along with the one about Axl being at his bed side, that's what friends do. Crazy that Steven almost killed Erin, and basically ended their friendship. Drugs make people do some very irrational things.

Thanks for posting those quotes Soulmonster, don't recall ever reading the interview with Del from Spinner, do you happen to have a link? Thanks.

http://www.spinner.com/2009/02/27/axl-rose-insists-original-guns-n-roses-lineup-is-dead-and-burie/

I read somewhere,and don't remember where and no I'm not gonna look it up lol. But I read the Erin thing was

She had a female friend give her some valiums after a fight/argument with Axl. And Erin being naive,took all of them at once. And ended up at Stevens house cause they/she got scared from taking all of them. And it got back to Axl that it was Steven and he have her the speedball.

I read somewhere,and don't remember where and no I'm not gonna look it up lol. But I read the Erin thing was

She had a female friend give her some valiums after a fight/argument with Axl. And Erin being naive,took all of them at once. And ended up at Stevens house cause they/she got scared from taking all of them. And it got back to Axl that it was Steven and he have her the speedball.

According to Steven he himself was not even present at the time that Erin took the drugs; Adler was with Andy McCoy in his house in Laurel Canyon when Andy's wife arrived with a stoned Erin. Axl had beaten Erin up so Erin had arrived at McCoy's place distraught. Andy's wife, Anastacia (Stacy) Maisoneuve, had then given Erin all of these Klonopins and Clonodines to calm her down. Also, according to Adler, Adler saved her life by calling the ambulance.

That is the contingency with the Steven-Erin incident. It merely depends on whether you believe Axl's side or Adler's. There is no factual evidence to support Axl's version over Adler's. Axl was a nutjob who was not even present and was himself, doing all sorts of nasty stuff to his wife. The other was a drug addict who lived a sordid existence of lies and manipulatation - as drug addicts do. The only person who could shed light on it is Andy McCoy. Anastacia Maisoneuve died soon after the incident. Perhaps Erin recalls something but I doubt it (her medical files would of course confirm whether it was a speedball cocktail or downers that she had taken).

We just do not know. Personally, I would not like to bet on either account.

Guest Len B'stard

I can't believe some of you wankers are so desperate to see that lot in a fuckin' room together that you're seriously sitting around considering whether they'll attend each others funerals :lol: ANNNNNNNNNNNNND, what if the power of their coming back together that day surges through Adlers body and brings it back to life and they get up and stick all their fists in the air like Captain Planet and then beams come shooting out of their rings and they're magically transported to Madison Square Garden swaggering onto stage amid smoke with all of us lot in the front row watchin' em and Axl does 'D'ya know where the fuck you are?!?!'

And then you wake up :tongue2:

I can't believe some of you wankers are so desperate to see that lot in a fuckin' room together that you're seriously sitting around considering whether they'll attend each others funerals :lol: ANNNNNNNNNNNNND, what if the power of their coming back together that day surges through Adlers body and brings it back to life and they get up and stick all their fists in the air like Captain Planet and then beams come shooting out of their rings and they're magically transported to Madison Square Garden swaggering onto stage amid smoke with all of us lot in the front row watchin' em and Axl does 'D'ya know where the fuck you are?!?!'

And then you wake up :tongue2:

this is more likely to happen than a "normal" reunion

According to Steven he himself was not even present at the time that Erin took the drugs; Adler was with Andy McCoy in his house in Laurel Canyon when Andy's wife arrived with a stoned Erin. Axl had beaten Erin up so Erin had arrived at McCoy's place distraught. Andy's wife, Anastacia (Stacy) Maisoneuve, had then given Erin all of these Klonopins and Clonodines to calm her down. Also, according to Adler, Adler saved her life by calling the ambulance.

That is the contingency with the Steven-Erin incident. It merely depends on whether you believe Axl's side or Adler's. There is no factual evidence to support Axl's version over Adler's. Axl was a nutjob who was not even present and was himself, doing all sorts of nasty stuff to his wife. The other was a drug addict who lived a sordid existence of lies and manipulatation - as drug addicts do. The only person who could shed light on it is Andy McCoy. Anastacia Maisoneuve died soon after the incident. Perhaps Erin recalls something but I doubt it (her medical files would of course confirm whether it was a speedball cocktail or downers that she had taken).

where did you get this? there was nothing about axl beating erin before she came to steven's book.

you make no sense. yes axl wasn't there. he was repeating what erin and her friends told him. he even stopped erins brothers from going after steven. erin had no reason to lie steven on the other hand.... it's pretty obvious who anyone would believe.

where did you get this? there was nothing about axl beating erin before she came to steven's book.

you make no sense. yes axl wasn't there. he was repeating what erin and her friends told him. he even stopped erins brothers from going after steven. erin had no reason to lie steven on the other hand.... it's pretty obvious who anyone would believe.

- Watch you Bleed: The Saga of Guns N' Roses by Stephen Davis (published 2008), pp.300-301. Davis gives both, the Axl 'speedball' story and, the Adler's 'downers' story. The book did not use the ''Axl beating her up'' part in conjunction with Adler's story: he used it with Axl's. And the book was published three years' before Steven Adler's 2011 autobiography - Davis borrows Adler's version of events from an earlier interview.

I do not think it is so obvious as we do not have a valid eye-witness who has delivered a statement (Erin was unconsious and anyhow, has not spoken publically herself. McCoy has not said anything) and Adler was not convicted in a court-of-law. As I said, I would not bet either way. If Axl heard that ''his wife had oded in Adler's house'', Adler at the height of his drug abuse, you can see why he reacted the way he did - but - there may be some truth in Steven's account. It is like the Slash-Todd Crew thing: we will never know.

as far as i remember Adler said in his book that Axl and Erin had a fight. It doesn't necessary mean he had beaten her up

Steven said in an interview that Erin had come over hysterical after Axl had beaten her. Blabbermouth had an interview with Angela Nicoletti (Izzy's ex wife who is now married to Andy McCoy) who claimed they'd found Erin unconscious (and naked) with Steven after he'd shot her up. That's clearly the version Axl believed. IIRC, Steven responded that it was Angela who gave her the speedball.

Steven's side -

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1139&Itemid=37

Angela McCoy's response:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?action=printpage;topic=18521.0

Edited by Angelica

Ahh, it was McCoy's 2nd wife. Reading both accounts, I lean a little more (about 70%) towards the McCoy/Axl one. Adler is simply, not a good witness with a long catalogue of drug related deceits and incidents. The one oddity is, what on earth was Erin and Adler doing together in the first place? Adler's - and indeed, GN'R's - circles and Erin's were not exactly the same. I somewhat believe Adler when he said he hardly ever met Erin. That is the one point which makes me sway to the Adler story.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Ahh, it was McCoy's 2nd wife. Reading both accounts, I lean a little more (about 70%) towards the McCoy/Axl one. Adler is simply, not a good witness with a long catalogue of drug related deceits and incidents. The one oddity is, what on earth was Erin and Adler doing together in the first place? Adler's - and indeed, GN'R's - circles and Erin's were not exactly the same. I somewhat believe Adler when he said he hardly ever met Erin. That is the one point which makes me sway to the Adler story.

When did he say that?! I got the impression they were quite good friends, according to him they hung out and in his book he says he adored her.

Edited by Angelica

It is in the second link you yourself posted:

''There is now way in hell I would ever do anything to Erin, even sexually. The closest we ever got was eating sushi in Studio City once. Three guys came in with shotguns and robbed the place while we were there. They took everybody's shit but ours.''

- http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?action=printpage;topic=18521.0

According to the book Watch You Bleed, Erin came from a completely different social circle to Axl and Guns N' Roses. I know she attended GN'R shows in the 80s but, 1990, when this incident was supposed to have happened, Adler was in heroin hell. So, that question still remains if you accept the McCoy/Axl story: why were Adler and Erin hanging out together?

Edited by DieselDaisy

That would make sense as to why Axl didn't have the police become involved in the situation - whether by reporting Adler or by beating Adler to death or near death......or why he stopped Erin's family from doing it. Maybe he knew that the more the situation escalated, the more chance the police became involved - which would mean he would be exposed for his physical abuse of her.

If that situation escalates - the better chance the physical abuse charges get out.

It is in the second link you yourself posted:

''There is now way in hell I would ever do anything to Erin, even sexually. The closest we ever got was eating sushi in Studio City once. Three guys came in with shotguns and robbed the place while we were there. They took everybody's shit but ours.''

- http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?action=printpage;topic=18521.0

According to the book Watch You Bleed, Erin came from a completely different social circle to Axl and Guns N' Roses. I know she attended GN'R shows in the 80s but, 1990, when this incident was supposed to have happened, Adler was in heroin hell. So, that question still remains if you accept the McCoy/Axl story: why were Adler and Erin hanging out together?

Er, he doesn't say anything about 'hardly knowing her' there, he says he wouldn't have done anything to hurt her and denies they were having a sexual relationship.

Edited by Angelica

Hey, there's a great way to start a story and then expect people to believe you :)

I disagree.

''The closest we ever got was eating sushi in Studio City once''.

That seems to demonsrate the level of interaction between Stevie and Erin. Besides, how often could Adler and Erin's interaction potentially be? (How close are girlfriends of normal relationships, to their boyfriends' friends?) Close enough for Adler, former bandmate of Axl's and in the throes of full blown heroin addiction, and Erin, Axl's girlfriend, to meet each other together alone?

To accept McCoy and Axl's story, you have to believe that, Erin was visiting Adler's apartment/house alone. That is fact. I find that enough to cast doubt on the story.

I think that means as far as an intimate relationship goes.

Yeah, that's how I interpret it too. He claims to have adored her in his book, they seem to have been friends. Ross Halfin alleged they slept together but I don't know if that's based on anything more than the McCoy's version of the speedball incident.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/music/2004/mar/13/popandrock.gunsnroses

Edited by Angelica

So the two were having an affair? The thought did cross my mind. Regardless of what Adler implies, accepting the McCoy version of events you are still left wondering what Erin was doing at Steven's. In a way, the Adler version, of the McCoys taking a drugged-up Erin to his house, makes more sense.