The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

That's because you just go off on ramblings when you've been challenged on something.

Or, more accurately, you have no interest in discussing general and you just thinking it's like the 'me vs you' competition and all you care about is coming out the other end looking like you are right, so you ignore details and try and push people into yes or no answers regarding things and ignore all the details because it suits your particular purpose. Everytime you get shown up for being wrong you revise, you twist your own words and try to make it seem like something else. 'so, Mayweather fights all bums?' 'No NGOG, i never said that'. 'So, admittedly, you've never heard of Harry Potter?' 'No NGOG, i never said that' or, my favorite, in a discussion about greats in boxing I make the assertion that Steve Collins ain't a great, you follow that with laughter, i explain how he's not and your response is 'uh...i didn't say ALL TIME great, did i?' :lol:

Len I got to agree sbout Harry Potter trasceding sections of society, it isn't just any book or franchise. It is has been one of the biggest film franchises and arguably the biggest book franchise of the last 20 years. It has been translated into countless languages and has been at the center of British popculture for the last 10+ years since the films have come out.

I would say something similar about reggae music yet there are vast cross-sections of society that have a brief surface level face value understanding or knowledge of it :shrugs:

There is a big difference between a genre of music and the biggest British literary franchise since it came out. The films alone have grossed $7,706,147,978. That isn't a typo, that is $7.7 billion. It has sold 450 million copies of the book worldwide, heck if we want to go into fine details the first Harry Potter book sold over 100 million copies since it came out in 1997. No reggae album would come even close to that.

Reggae is a genre, not an album.

Anyways lets get back on topic, Champions League is back tonight.

Who does everyone have?

Putting any bets down Len?

Thank God, some football talk. Nah, no gambling for a while for this kid, my fuckin' radars dodgy at the moment, don't feel right.

Nice to see United get a clobbering but it ain't likely.

Guest Len B'stard

I know reggae is a genre you plonker, what I meant was that no album in that genre would come even close to those numbers :lol:

Yeah but if you look back my comments weren't about an album they were about the genre in general and peoples awareness of it, not whether they'd bought Bob Marleys Greatest Hits or something :lol:

This is what I reckon:

Man Utd v Bayer Leverkusen

Real Sociedad v Shakhtar Donetsk

FC Copenhagen v Juventus

Galatasaray v Real Madrid

Benfica v Anderlecht

Olympiakos v Paris Saint-Germain

Bayern Munich v CSKA Moscow

Plzen v Man City
Edited by NGOG

So, what does Cristiano Ronaldo have to do in order to become Real Madrid's greatest player ever?

I don't know their history so well, but his main rivals are Raul, Puskas and Di Stefano.

With the 5 year contract, an average of 25 goals a season will put him ahead of Raul and make him top goalscorer of all time.

Please no Messi or Bale discussion.

So, what does Cristiano Ronaldo have to do in order to become Real Madrid's greatest player ever?

I don't know their history so well, but his main rivals are Raul, Puskas and Di Stefano.

With the 5 year contract, an average of 25 goals a season will put him ahead of Raul and make him top goalscorer of all time.

Please no Messi or Bale discussion.

he hasn't won shit for them aside from 1 league title, he needs to start winning trophies and thir tenth Champions League