The Cult

The Real McCoy

Really? They are?

I went through a big Cult phase a couple years back. Still a big fan of their singles, and think they're quite underrated as a pop rock band (they have some amazingly catchy tunes). Their new album was OK, the one before it had a handful of cool cuts ("Holy Mountain" is Johnny Cash-esque).

I downloaded an out-of-print box set a while back that contained six volumes of radio edits, remixes, etc., of their catalog. Some of the tracks go on for like 10 minutes. :lol:

Really? They are?

I went through a big Cult phase a couple years back. Still a big fan of their singles, and think they're quite underrated as a pop rock band (they have some amazingly catchy tunes). Their new album was OK, the one before it had a handful of cool cuts ("Holy Mountain" is Johnny Cash-esque).

I downloaded an out-of-print box set a while back that contained six volumes of radio edits, remixes, etc., of their catalog. Some of the tracks go on for like 10 minutes. :lol:

Yep: http://www.thecult.us/

I have that box set somewhere too. Some really cool stuff on there like the unreleased "Peace" album.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Peace-Cult/dp/B00CZAYOWI/ref=sr_1_1_title_0_main?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1371573575&sr=1-1&keywords=the+cult+electric+peace

Edited by The Real McCoy

I like the cult I had Ian Astbury walk past me once with two chicks on his arms someone stopped to get a photo with him. Just might goto Festival Hall to see them play Electric

I met the entire band minus Ian last year. Had many opportunities to talk to him, but he was with his wife and I didn't want to be a pain.

By the time that he was getting ready to sign and take pics, security made us leave the parking lot.

Billy Duffy was cool as hell.

Billy Duffy was cool as hell.

Great lad, guitar hero and a City fan to boot.

They're actually releasing "Electric Peace" on vinyl to coincide with the tour.

It's the classic Electric album doubled up with the abandoned and previously unreleased (except the aforementioned Rare Cult box set) Peace album containing a lot of the songs from Electric in their original form with loads of layered guitars and vocals.

Zap City is one of my favourite Cult tunes.