Should GN'R do a "deep cuts" tour?

Vincent Vega

We've had UCAP, and Appetite for Democracy tours...Should GN'R do a "Deep Cuts" tour? or at least as one leg of the tour?

What I mean is, outside of say WTTJ, SCOM and PC, and some CD songs, should the setlist consist of Deep Cuts from AFD, Lies, the UYIs and TSI? Like, for example, them having a setlist like the following:

"Welcome to the Jungle"
"Don't Damn Me"
"Mama Kin"
"Estranged"
"Rocket Queen"
"This I Love"
"The Garden"
"Yesterdays"
"You Could Be Mine"
"Better"
"Sweet Child O' Mine"
"November Rain"
"You're Crazy"
"Civil War"
"Knockin On Heaven's Door"
"Nightrain"
Encore
"Double Talkin Jive"
"Don't Cry"
"Jumpin Jack Flash"
"Coma"
"Paradise City"

Any setlist with Coma is wildly unrealistic.

To be honest, if they announced a deep cuts tour and they had the setlist you picked, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Songs I would love to see on a deep cuts tour:

Breakdown, OMG, Dead Horse, Locomotive, Think About You, Human Being, Don't Cry (full band version), IRS, My Michelle, Bad Obsession, Sympathy For The Devil, Back Off Bitch, Double Talkin Jive.

"Welcome to the Jungle"

"Don't Damn Me"

"Mama Kin"

"Estranged" Bad Apples

"Rocket Queen"

"This I Love"

"The Garden"

"Yesterdays"

"You Could Be Mine" "Black Leather"

"Better"

"Sweet Child Of Mine" "Dead Horse"

"November Rain" Human Being

"You're Crazy"

"Civil War" Bad Obsession

"Knockin On Heaven's Door" "Ain't It Fun"

"Nightrain"

Encore

"Double Talkin Jive"

"Don't Cry" Garden of Eden

"Jumpin Jack Flash" Attitude

"Coma" "Perfect Crime"

"Paradise City"

What I would really go to see, is a concert for the fans of Chinese Democracy where they play through the whole album from start to finish. No Appetite and no Illusions. Just Chinese Democracy.

Then they have two choices. Stop touring for a while and make a new album which they can tour on afterwards. Or, continue touring like they are now until Axl retires (or fans stop going to the shows).

Edited by Jeez

I don't think there will ever be a gnr concert where wttj, scom, and pc aren't played. I guess if we are living in fantasy land sure I would go if there was a deep cuts tour, I would love it. average joe would be pissed if he payed for a concert and they didn't play the hits.

We've had UCAP, and Appetite for Democracy tours...Should GN'R do a "Deep Cuts" tour? or at least as one leg of the tour?

What I mean is, outside of say WTTJ, SCOM and PC, and some CD songs, should the setlist consist of Deep Cuts from AFD, Lies, the UYIs and TSI? Like, for example, them having a setlist like the following:

"Welcome to the Jungle"
"Don't Damn Me"
"Mama Kin"
"Estranged"
"Rocket Queen"
"This I Love"
"The Garden"
"Yesterdays"
"You Could Be Mine"
"Better"
"Sweet Child O' Mine"
"November Rain"
"You're Crazy"
"Civil War"
"Knockin On Heaven's Door"
"Nightrain"
Encore
"Double Talkin Jive"
"Don't Cry"
"Jumpin Jack Flash"
"Coma"
"Paradise

I think that would help them immensely. The slow version of You're Crazy is a GnR classic, and the live Double Talkin' Jive was always awesome. There are lots of songs in the GnR catalog which Rose doesn't play which many of the concert goers would enjoy hearing.

Yeah, I'd love to see them do this. But I don't want to see THESE guys do it. I love the new band, but unfortunately, I could just watch old videos of these songs being done live or see a GNR tribute band and it would be the same or better. Sorry, but "digging into the vault" with hired Guns is absolutely pointless. It would be a gimmick that would only make me want original GNR back more, if that was at all possible. Axl has had 13 years to create a band that had their own identity and he's failed at such an embarrassing result. And again, I say this really liking the current members of the band. But their playing in the new version of Guns N Roses and if that hasn't changed already, it never will. Playing deeper cuts would only make that painfully more obvious.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

I'd rather have new music be the focus after this tour.

Now, on the next tour, as a second leg, a deep cuts tour could be fun. Stuff like:

Yesterdays

14 Years

Nice Boys

Reckless Life

Use to Love Her

You're Crazy

Down on the Farm

Ain't It Fun

Civil War

There Was A Time

Catcher in the Rye

Estranged

Plus the staples - WTTJ, NR, YCBM, SCOM, DC, PC because I think you need most of them played. That wasn't in any specific order btw.

Honestly though I think Axl has 5-7 years to get an album out and tour. You can have success in your 60s (look at the new Sabbath) but you don't want to count on it. Accept that nothing sells big numbers these days, get it out, and tour it. A second album would silence a lot of critics. Hell even an EP of CD era leftovers then a new album.

Any setlist with Coma is wildly unrealistic.

To be honest, if they announced a deep cuts tour and they had the setlist you picked, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Songs I would love to see on a deep cuts tour:

Breakdown, OMG, Dead Horse, Locomotive, Think About You, Human Being, Don't Cry (full band version), IRS, My Michelle, Bad Obsession, Sympathy For The Devil, Back Off Bitch, Double Talkin Jive.

yup, good choices

but what GNR should do: release a new album

Pretty Tied Up

Double Talking Jive

Bad Obsession

Down on the Farm

Dust N Bones

Dead Horse

Back Off Bitch

Sympathy for the Devil

Breakdown

Riad n the Bedouins