Tour is over - How about an interview with Axl?

Russel Nash

Axl doesn't want to answer real questions... and asking him if he likes pizza is kinda pointless imo.

Unless you want to invite him for dinner so you can ask him whatever you want!

"Would you like popcorn with that Axl? A Duff beer maybe? Wo wo, Izzy with the donuts! Just kidding Axl haha.... So.. do you miss SLASH?!"

:angry: And you still wonder why he doesn't answer questions? Are you 15 years old that you can't be respectfull to anyone? What the hell is this obsession about his weight? You miss seeing him half naked or something? :bitchfight:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's a good, respectful way of asking it:

-Axl, why from 2010 to 2011 your voice deteriorated so much?

No that is offensive, i'm sure axl tries very hard and does all the vocal routines, so to ask him this, is like saying 'why cant you do your job'

a better question would be 'can you tell us how you prepare your voice for a show?'

Wouldn't bother asking him about why stuff hasn't been released as that will obviously be a touchy subject = less chance of getting answered.

Instead of saying 'when is the album coming out?' Ask something like 'what are the next plans GNR?'

Try to ask respectful questions rather than questions that sound demanding and forced.

I reckon your best bet would be to message fernando or beta. Also write out a paragraph explaining who you are, explain its for the gnr forum community and whatever you do don't be sarcastic or make jokes ;)

1 - how did your voice get fucked up?

2 - how did you get so fat?

3 - are you ever starting your own band?

4 - why do you hate Slash the cancer, so much still?

5 - when will the the next Greatest Hits tour take place?

These questions would make Axl get in a real good mood. :)

Edited by trqster

No that is offensive, i'm sure axl tries very hard and does all the vocal routines, so to ask him this, is like saying 'why cant you do your job'

a better question would be 'can you tell us how you prepare your voice for a show?'

Wouldn't bother asking him about why stuff hasn't been released as that will obviously be a touchy subject = less chance of getting answered.

Instead of saying 'when is the album coming out?' Ask something like 'what are the next plans GNR?'

Try to ask respectful questions rather than questions that sound demanding and forced.

I reckon your best bet would be to message fernando or beta. Also write out a paragraph explaining who you are, explain its for the gnr forum community and whatever you do don't be sarcastic or make jokes ;)

+1

1 - how did your voice get fucked up?

2 - how did you get so fat?

3 - are you ever starting your own band?

4 - why do you hate Slash the cancer, so much still?

5 - when will the the next Greatest Hits tour take place?

These questions would make Axl get in a real good mood. :)

:lol:

Let's to this. I'll email'em to Team Brazil.

-Axl, when are we going to hear new GNR music?

-Axl, why the alternative booklets for Chinese Democracy were never released?

3 more. Come on.

Axl, what is your current relationship with Buckethead?

Axl, do you still intend to release Chinese Democracy II or have you shifted mentally towards a record capturing the talents of the current line-up?

Axl, how do you feel the change from industry management to being managed by Team Brazil has affected GNR?

Axl, will you ever debut new material live again or did Chinese Democracy sour that idea?

No Manets, it's not. If you want management to automatically put your email in the delete folder, ask that question.

Perhaps you could ask this type of question instead; while you're getting him to consider his own performance, you're also allowing him to respond in the context of GNR rather than focusing on himself which mightn't necessarily be a positive experience:

Axl, at which point during the recent touring would you say GNR were firing on all cylinders? The early legs of 2010? The runs during 2011 and 12? Or more lately?

Edited by NGOG

Nothing to see here- same old stuff in this thread.

There hasn't been a genuine attempt to get Axl to do this sort of thing in years actually. It would do untold good things for the community and its relationship with GNR management. If you think back to the interview with Kimmel, when asked why did you do this, Axl said merely because he was asked to do so.

There hasn't been a genuine attempt to get Axl to do this sort of thing in years actually. It would do untold good things for the community and its relationship with GNR management. If you think back to the interview with Kimmel, when asked why did you do this, Axl said merely because he was asked to do so.

This, but instead it became a cupcake magnet. once again... if the questions are respectful n not about his private life i think we got a chance to get answers.

Guest Manny Manner

I'm talking about the comments in the thread (same old Axl is this, Axl is that, blah, blah, blah)- not the attempt to get Axl to do an interview. Like Russel said- the thread predictably unraveled with the same garbage you see in every other thread here- if it weren't for the ignore option there is no way I could stomach coming to this forum. I'm tired of seeing the same people post the same things over and over in every single thread. All I need to do is see the names of certain posters and I automatically know what their comments are.

on topic- I'm not sure an interview would help things- I think people who hate Axl would find something wrong with what he says (no matter what it is).

Edited by Manny Manner

Axl doesn't want to answer real questions... and asking him if he likes pizza is kinda pointless imo.

Unless you want to invite him for dinner so you can ask him whatever you want!

"Would you like popcorn with that Axl? A Duff beer maybe? Wo wo, Izzy with the donuts! Just kidding Axl haha.... So.. do you miss SLASH?!"

:angry: And you still wonder why he doesn't answer questions? Are you 15 years old that you can't be respectfull to anyone? What the hell is this obsession about his weight? You miss seeing him half naked or something? :bitchfight:

Cheap joke I agree. I don't care about his weight. Didn't find anything else for the Izzy pun.

+1

:rofl-lol:

Walking on egg shells for people who wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire, let alone answer completely normal questions that are asked of any band. Fuckin' amazing. Here we go then:

1. Why are you the greatest frontman ever?

2. Why is CD the best rock album ever?

3. Why are you so good looking?

4. Why does your voice keep getting better and better?

5. Isn't Slash a jerkface?

Too confrontational? Not cocksucking enough?

Like Russel said- the thread predictably unraveled with the same garbage you see in every other thread here- if it weren't for the ignore option there is no way I could stomach coming to this forum.

Axl doesn't even have to visit here. We can dispatch him the questions from those genuinely interested, and management can mail them back if he chooses to provide answers.

+1

Walking on egg shells for people who wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire, let alone answer completely normal questions that are asked of any band. Fuckin' amazing. Here we go then:

Do you often get what you from people by insulting them?

It doesn't have to be conducted in a cringeworthy, pro-Axl way. It is possible to attain the answers we want by being direct but respectful. By being direct and disrespectful, you're just going to push any slight possibility of this happening away.

+1

Yes. Social dynamics are fucked up like that. But that's a whole other discussion. :lol:

+1

This!

If you want an example, go look at what caused Axl to jump in the fray as Dexter a few years ago. It wasn't people blowing smoke up his ass.

Is that why you act like? You're trying to catch his eye or something?

If you want an example, go look at what caused Axl to jump in the fray as Dexter a few years ago. It wasn't people blowing smoke up his ass.

Is that why you act like? You're trying to catch his eye or something?

lol no

Well, me neither, I just do what I think is right.