Why have you turned?

jimb0

Why The Hard Feelings  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Also no alternative covers for CD... just simple things other bands can do Axl can't seem too release simple things like cds or movies. No idea why.

And also the facebook posts, people don't care what happened 20 years ago. All this stuff has angered me lately when it shouldn't.

Vedder and Keidis sounded like shit.

But 10000000000x better than Axl weak and awful vocals for sure. I saw them as well. Great gig, professional singers.

I love RHCP but Keidis hasn't sounded good in years. He is professional no doubt.

What? Kleidis sounds normal. I've been to three RHCP concets in the last two years and have downloaded their official bootlegs from their official site and he sounds completely normal, man...

That's the thing they sound great live. On youtube imo they sounded utter shit.

You can't judge a performance based on youtube videos.

Edited by volcano62

Keidis and Vedder sounded fantastic on Youtube. Axl sounded and still sounds incredibly awful and weak.

My girlfriend is a very casual Pearl Jam fan and she asked me "who the hell is signing?" when she heard them play Lolapalooza.

My girlfriend is a very casual Guns N' Roses fan and when I was watching Rio 2011 she said "that's gotta be the worst impersonation of Axl Rose I have ever heard", when I told her it was Axl Rose, she couldn't stop laughing.

Keidis and Vedder sounded fantastic on Youtube. Axl sounded and still sounds incredibly awful and weak.

My girlfriend is a very casual Pearl Jam fan and she asked me "who the hell is signing?" when she heard them play Lolapalooza.

My girlfriend is a very casual Guns N' Roses fan and when I was watching Rio 2011 she said "that's gotta be the worst impersonation of Axl Rose I have ever heard", when I told her it was Axl Rose, she couldn't stop laughing.

So you agree you can't judge performances via youtube!

Edited by volcano62

No, because he sounded incredibly awful at Rio.

That's not what the people who actually attended the show think.

Outside this forum? I doubt it. It's not like we have thousand of users who attended to that gig. I saw Axl's band in 2010 and he sounded great. I saw Axl's band in 2012 and he sounded utterly awful. I was able to compare both gigs since I was there. You can't tell me or trick me with that Youtube bullshit. It's pure horseshit and I think you know that deep inside.

Outside this forum? I doubt it. It's not like we have thousand of users who attended to that gig. I saw Axl's band in 2010 and he sounded great. I saw Axl's band in 2012 and he sounded utterly awful. I was able to compare both gigs since I was there. You can't tell me or trick me with that Youtube bullshit. It's pure horseshit and I think you know that deep inside.

Some People would disagree because they are such 'Die Hard Axlites' that they can't rationally judge a live performance. On the other hand I know what you are talking about.

I still enjoyed the show. He sounded fantastic on the very next show though... Maybe he was sick?

For me, the lack of any passion it seems on Axls part, the lack of communication about anything other than endless touring; the lack of even any vague talk about a new album--At least in 2004, we knew the title of Chinese Democracy and that it was definitely being worked on--the horrible vocals and just lack of any foreseeable future with this band releasing a new album, has been both depressing and a major turn off. It's truly a depressing thing to see what has become of "Guns N' Roses", the name. So much so that it turns me off from even the Classic Era...Because it's hard to watch say, a UYI tour show with that awesome band, knowing what a freakish, Spinal Tap-esque circus it'd become....

He sounded fine to me. And true story, my buddy wasn't familiar with them and I used that video because it was a full good quality show to expose him to Pearl Jam and he loved it.

Anyway, based on my experiences as a concertgoer youtube is not a terrible vehicle to assess vocals if the video is decent quality

I know there are some new rules and stipulations and whatever... but I'm not trying to hate.

It's just I was looking up Nightrain Rock AM Ring. And not only doesn't it seem like the same band anymore, it doesn't even seem like the same frontman. So I'm just curious, as nut-swingers transform to haters before the trainwreck that is GNR.... Is it due to no new music, or the horrendous live shows Axl does these days. If it's somethin else feel free to mention.

I just got tired of this circus called Guns n' Roses. To me the magic is gone. Nothing new, nothing refreshing. Just the same shit over and over again.

For me, the lack of any passion it seems on Axls part, the lack of communication about anything other than endless touring; the lack of even any vague talk about a new album--At least in 2004, we knew the title of Chinese Democracy and that it was definitely being worked on--the horrible vocals and just lack of any foreseeable future with this band releasing a new album, has been both depressing and a major turn off. It's truly a depressing thing to see what has become of "Guns N' Roses", the name. So much so that it turns me off from even the Classic Era...Because it's hard to watch say, a UYI tour show with that awesome band, knowing what a freakish, Spinal Tap-esque circus it'd become....

I kinda feel the same. At some point at thought that the classic era was safe and secure from what this band had become... then one day I realized that Beta is in the estranged video, so the video is ruined for me... I listen to UYI and I hear bits of sounds, or some parts of Axl, and it was a glimpse to what would happen in the future... It's still good of course.. but I wish it didn't remind me of the current state of affair.

I find it hilarious (and sad) how the Nutters view youtube.

If it shows Axl in a good light.......they use it to prove that Axl still has it.

But if it shows Axl in a bad light.....then youtube sucks and shouldn't be used!!!!

Then they bring up the "everybody at the show loved it" comment like everybody in the world doesn't understand this point.

Anybody who has attended a show realizes that a show sounds different if you are in attendance. NOBODY is arguing that point, but the Nutters keep bringing it up in their defense. At a show.......you've had a few drinks, you are usually with friends and family, it's loud and electric and you are getting to see an idol live and upclose. Obviously that is going to sound "different" than it does on youtube. Your EXPERIENCE is going to be 100 times better than it does just watching a video.

BUT that doesn't change the facts on how good the singer's voice is.

Comparing being at a concer to listening to a concert on youtube is like comparing apples to oranges. Why certain people don't understand this is beyond me.