Disturbing movies

GivenToFly

Have you tried the [REC] films? The first two are pretty creepy.

The Rec films are really good and refresing horror movies but I don't think it's that creepy.

Maybe I'm too used to this kind of movies.

Same.

Seems I can't find any horror movie that creeps me out or scares me at all nowadays. Gonna check out Rob Zombie's Lords of Salem now.....Probably won't be scary but I love the movies he writes and directs for some reason.

What movie has scared you in the past?

I'd like to know because I am a huge horror fan and maybe I could recommend one that is scary for you :)

Honestly, I can't name you anything that has really creeped me out recently. As cheesy as it sounds, The Ring was one of the last that left me thinking after it was over. The whole vibe is unsettling and I think it was put together nicely. Horrors to me don't necessarily have to be gory or gruesome to be scary (ala Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which I do love).

Go ahead, give me a few suggestions. ;)

I'd like to know because I am a huge horror fan and maybe I could recommend one that is scary for you :)

Honestly, I can't name you anything that has really creeped me out recently. As cheesy as it sounds, The Ring was one of the last that left me thinking after it was over. The whole vibe is unsettling and I think it was put together nicely. Horrors to me don't necessarily have to be gory or gruesome to be scary (ala Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which I do love).

Ever seen Candyman?

Ever seen Candyman?

Yeah, i saw that one back when I was a kid.

Love Suspiria and Argento. Deep Red (Profondo Rosso), Infirno - all masterpieces.

You are Spanish right? What is that film - and it is not really 'disturbing' so I am being completely off-topic here - where there are two guys and a girl driving across Spain and both guys are (being guys) trying to shag the girl (who I think is dying) but they end up becoming homosexuals with each other in the end? I have seen this film, by accident, about three times. Good film mind but a bit, gay, for my tastes. I feel like watching some sport and drinking a 'six pack' afterwards: It provokes in me, that scene in Trains, Planes and Automobiles, in otherwords.

Perhaps its not about enjoyment.

I seen all of those except Gozu and Nekromantik, the latter i've been trying to find for ages. In fact i'm glad you posted this because i couldn't find a copy of it anywhere, was beginning to doubt it's existence, i think part of the problem was the person who reccomended it to me spelt the name wrong.

Sugaraylen I have found Nekromantik for you online, haven't seen it myself but here is the link:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gM9PVRvbf8

I too think I've become immune to horror movies so don't get phased or scared through any of them, I turn off the lights & watch them but they don't have the effect on me that they did in the 80s.

The original When A Stranger Calls is still spooky but maybe a bit slow for these days.

Rec is one everyone raves about like Insidious yet neither of them did anything for me.

Would You Rather was good.

One disturbing movie I watched was called Megan is Missing based on a true story about girls meeting boys they've chatted to online, now that was one I had to keep stopping & checking on IMDB to see just how real it was.

I think I've seen everything there is to see - Audition is one I turned away from and Masters of Horror had a similar episode which was quite nasty.

I want movies that are spine chilling, creepy, jumpy & make the hair stand up on the back of your neck.

Guest Len B'stard

Aw shit, God bless you rock4eva, thats wonderful of you, thank you :) I shall check that out tonight! Odishon, my brother got me to watch that once when we were round his house smoking skunk and like...he didn't tell me nothing about it or anything so it caught me a bit off guard, was quite surreal actually cuz i was pretty fuckin' baked which served the movie well cuz it had like, double the effect.

kirikirikirikirikirikirikirikiriiiii :lol:

Megan is Missing sounds cool too :)

Edited by sugaraylen

Aw shit, God bless you rock4eva, thats wonderful of you, thank you :) I shall check that out tonight! Odishon, my brother got me to watch that once when we were round his house smoking skunk and like...he didn't tell me nothing about it or anything so it caught me a bit off guard, was quite surreal actually cuz i was pretty fuckin' baked which served the movie well cuz it had like, double the effect.

I pm'd you a link that has subtitles in English, this one doesn't.

I'll see if I can find Gozu for you, sounds Japanese.

Don't bother with Megan is Missing... it's pretty bad

just the ending is disturbing i guess

Insidious

There was a movie with two guys who would make friends with neighbors that went on vacation and they would torture and kill them. Naomi Watts was in it, but I can't remember the name. That movie was pretty screwed up because it had a terrible ending.

Funny Games?

Rewatched this again just to remind myself how awesome Naomi Watts and Michael Pitt are. Great performances.

Love Suspiria and Argento. Deep Red (Profondo Rosso), Infirno - all masterpieces.

You are Spanish right? What is that film - and it is not really 'disturbing' so I am being completely off-topic here - where there are two guys and a girl driving across Spain and both guys are (being guys) trying to shag the girl (who I think is dying) but they end up becoming homosexuals with each other in the end? I have seen this film, by accident, about three times. Good film mind but a bit, gay, for my tastes. I feel like watching some sport and drinking a 'six pack' afterwards: It provokes in me, that scene in Trains, Planes and Automobiles, in otherwords.

"Y tu mamá también" (And your mother too in english). It's actually a Mexican film but it's really good. Maribel Verdú, the woman, is such a talented actress.

Edited by izzygirl

"Y tu mamá también" (And your mother too in english). It's actually a Mexican film but it's really good. Maribel Verdú, the woman, is such a talented actress.

I love Y tu mama tambien.... Maribel Verdu is great I loved her in Pan's Labyrinth (not to mention she has some terrific looking boobs)

I wonder is Santa Sangre would be considered disturbing

I love Y tu mama tambien.... Maribel Verdu is great I loved her in Pan's Labyrinth (not to mention she has some terrific looking boobs)

I didn't watch Snata Sangre, is it good?

Talking about Guillermo del Toro films, there is one called The Devil's Backbone that could be considered disturbing.

I didn't watch Snata Sangre, is it good?

Talking about Guillermo del Toro films, there is one called The Devil's Backbone that could be considered disturbing.

I really like that movie... it's like an artsy Psycho

Have not seen that yet... I will deff check it out :)

Saw a trailer for Insidious part 2 yesterday and it looked surprisingly good... I didn't watch the first one because it didn't look like it'd be anything special, but I'll probably watch it and go see the 2nd one when it comes out (also got a free movie pass from a friend on the weekend :awesomeface:).

Opinions on the first one? I've read mixed things about it.

Saw a trailer for Insidious part 2 yesterday and it looked surprisingly good... I didn't watch the first one because it didn't look like it'd be anything special, but I'll probably watch it and go see the 2nd one when it comes out (also got a free movie pass from a friend on the weekend :awesomeface:).

I liked Insidious, but the ending was a bit much for me

it just felt like an entirely different movie towards the end

But I still would recommend the movie (it had me jumping in some scenes)

That's what a lot of people say... The second one is a direct continuation though and it looked good so maybe I won't dislike the ending as much, knowing it'll be further explained in the next one.

That's what a lot of people say... The second one is a direct continuation though and it looked good so maybe I won't dislike the ending as much, knowing it'll be further explained in the next one.

What Gia said is exactly my opinion of the movie.... it wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but it was worth seeing and I will watch the 2nd one.

Like the scene with the old lady with that damn gas mask on??? Oh my god, when I saw that scene I was literally laughing out loud.

The Exorcist

The Ring

The Haunting ( the original one from the 60's)

Insidious

There was a movie with two guys who would make friends with neighbors that went on vacation and they would torture and kill them. Naomi Watts was in it, but I can't remember the name. That movie was pretty screwed up because it had a terrible ending.

Did you son see The Ring?