Chinese Democracy was released against Axl's will?

Jabberwocky

Well, the management got the leaks and officially released them. It's not that it was released against Axl's will, it simply wasn't released as he wanted to. Not even his wishes regarding the booklets and covers were respected.

Azzoff simply released them to get it out of his way so he could make Axl and Slash reunite. Like "Axl, we already released your album. Did you see the flop it was? I'm gonna call Slash. Well, actually he's just outside, may I call him?" Meanwhile Slash was there waiting for Axl's approval to come in again. I mean, Slash and Duff would drop everything they have been doing in a heartbeat if they got a call from Axl to reunite. Does anyone doubt that?

Doc McGhee tried to pull the same kind of shit when he literally forced Duff and Axl to "aleatory meet" at London. No wonder why he was fired. Duff almost replaced Tommy, MSL and Ron can confirm that.

And people still wonder why Axl put Beta as his manager... His latest two managers literally tried to force him to do what he didn't want to... So Axl decided to put in charge someone whose priority was his emotional well being rather than his financial success.

Edited by ManetsBR

Well, the management got the leaks and officially released them. It's not that it was released against Axl's will, it simply wasn't released as he wanted to. Not even his wishes regarding the booklets and covers were respected.

Azzoff simply released them to get it out of his way so he could make Axl and Slash reunite. Like "Axl, we already released your album. Did you see the flop it was? I'm gonna call Slash. Well, actually he's just outside, may I call him?" Meanwhile Slash was there waiting for Axl's approval to come in again. I mean, Slash and Duff would drop everything they have been doing in a heartbeat if they got a call from Axl to reunite. Does anyone doubt that?

Doc McGhee tried to pull the same kind of shit when he literally forced Duff and Axl to "aleatory meet" at London. No wonder why he was fired. Duff almost replaced Tommy, MSL and Ron can confirm that.

And people still wonder why Axl put Beta as his manager... His latest two managers literally tried to force him to do what he didn't want to... So Axl decided to put in charge someone whose priority was his emotional well being rather than his financial success.

the management got the leaks and officially released them

Really? - Don't believe you - haha

I'm not convinced Doc was ever officially their manager, and I would have been surprised if Duff replaced Tommy, he'd be more likely to do a string of dates because Tommy decided to do more Replacements shows.

Azoff would have to be the one to talk about what happened, he couldn't force Axl to do a reunion with Slash, but he could try to have it set up where they were altogether in a rehearsal room, ready to play. He did it with Van Halen and the Eagles, but he tried to get Slash and Axl in the same room, and have Izzy there because he was getting along with the both of them and had reconnected with Axl.

The only reason Azoff would do that was because Jimmy Iovine or someone at Interscope insisted on it. There's no way of me proving this, but it's the only I can think of a band manager doing something behind his client's back. GNR did NOT work for Azoff; it was the other way around.

I'm not the only one who sees Interscope as creating the clusterfuck. All I need is someone who had worked for them to validate it.

I also think Doc was brought on to figure out how to deal with Azoff, and they parted ways. If there's more to it, I've never read it.

There's all kinds of conspiracy theories, but nobody really knows jack shit. All we know is that the wrong booklet was used on the album that was released. Other than that, Axl was happy with the record, so it doesn't seem like the album was actually released against Axl's will. Everything just didn't go the way he had planned. Here's an Axl quote: "It's the right record and I couldn't ask for more. Could have been a more enjoyable journey, but it's there now. The art comes first."

There's all kinds of conspiracy theories, but nobody really knows jack shit. All we know is that the wrong booklet was used on the album that was released. Other than that, Axl was happy with the record, so it doesn't seem like the album was actually released against Axl's will. Everything just didn't go the way he had planned. Here's an Axl quote: "It's the right record and I couldn't ask for more. Could have been a more enjoyable journey, but it's there now. The art comes first."

I've never read that quote before.

I think it was some sloppy work from the label that sent BB the wrong booklet. thats what happens if you get paid up front. Like if you tip a waitress up front she's just going treat you like shit and go for a smoke between courses.

I think it was some sloppy work from the label that sent BB the wrong booklet. thats what happens if you get paid up front. Like if you tip a waitress up front she's just going treat you like shit and go for a smoke between courses.

Here's the full interview: http://www.theguardian.com/music/2009/feb/09/axl-rose-chinese-democracy-interview

Here's the full interview: http://www.theguardian.com/music/2009/feb/09/axl-rose-chinese-democracy-interview

that's a cool interview. It's interesting he says he was worried it would be released incomplete, which supports that he was the one delaying it for the most part to finish it.