Is there anyone here that did not like CD but rather enjoyed Going Down or vice-versa?

Cosmo

So far I've seen lots of people saying Going Down's awesome and lots of people saying it sucks. However, it seems like the same people that like Going Down are the ones that liked CD, and are open towards nuGnR in a general matter (myself included), and the same people that say it sucks are the ones that didn't like CD and are generally negative towards nuGnR (pre-RiR, since now it seems we're getting to the same page on that matter). Does anyone here not fit into one of these categories? Did anyone not like CD but enjoy Going Down or the other way around? It's funny 'cause a few theories can be made on this subject:

a) The ones that liked CD and liked Going Down are the ones that will like almost anything nuGnR does, as they are positively biased towards the band and will convince themselves anything coming is awesome.

b) The ones that didn't like CD and didn't like Going Down are negatively biased towards nuGnR and have probably decided they didn't like Going Down within the first quarter of the song and are most likely not to enjoy anything nuGnR does in the future, regardless of what it is.

Or am I just overanalyzing all of this?

I loved Chinese Democracy. Going Down is kinda meh though. Well it's better than the worst songs on Chinese Democracy, but nothing more. A little too generic for my taste. I've got the impression that many people who didn't like CD, actually likes Going Down. Probably cause it's more organic and less experimental.

Chinese Democracy has a lot of material much stronger than Going Down. While enjoyable, it's obviously not deemed to be part of Axl's creative ambition otherwise it wouldn't be appearing on GNR setlists/a CD which merely contains alternate versions of already released songs and studio versions of already performed songs.

i'm an exception. I was interested in CD when it was first released, but to be honest I haven't listened to the album in years and really don't care for most of the music on there. But i really like Going Down.

Edited by nambis