There's something we should appreciate from Axl...

pe_teko

I was listening CD after a while and paying attention to the sound. To that characteristic sound from that era. 97-01 probably. It's great. It's on the demos. It's even in blood in the water I think.

drums+keyboards+guitars. That's an era and it's great.

Freese+fink+buckethead

The thing is: axl realised that it was so good that even with Bucket out of the band his parts should be on the album and that's something to appreciate because he could have told someone (bbf) to re-record them and he didn't.

i mean, it's easy for people to criticize Axl for realising old stuff with old members that aren't in the band anymore and all that, but it's not easy to accept that your music is better with their contribution. You have to be brave for that and Axl did it.

I hope Buckethead parts aren't re-recorded in the old songs we haven't heard yet. It would be great to hear all those songs the way they were originally designed(conceived) and then move on.

Just wanted to point that out. It's fair.

It only matters on release to present united front for promo purposes but since that was pretty much compromised anyway it doesnt matter much long term. Certain guys played on the record, certain guys toured it, some did both.

Edited by wasted

Did they re-record the Buckethead parts for Chinese Democracy?

I think some of Ron's solos replaced some of Bucket solos at least? Like Shackler's. Maybe on Riad there's composite solo. fuck I don't know, where's Soul Monster?

I think we should appreciate Axl for all the touring he's done in the past 3 years.

I personally appreciated GNR coming back to Dallas twice.

100 shows in 4 years...........

But it's good the band is active and putting on good shows.

If only they'd release a new album before the next tour.

I think we should appreciate Axl for all the touring he's done in the past 3 years.

I personally appreciated GNR coming back to Dallas twice.

I agree. Axl has been at his best, proffessionally during the 2010~2013 tours. He might not be at his best preformance wise, but he has been on time, did a couple of interviews, and seemed happier.

As much as people bitch about the tours, I'll take those over the nothing that happened 2002~2006 anyday of the week. That was a hard time for me, I thought gnr were dead.

But I do think new music needs to be released before another tour. I can't pay money to see the same show I saw in 2011. Ya gotta give me something Axl.

Did they re-record the Buckethead parts for Chinese Democracy?

I think some of Ron's solos replaced some of Bucket solos at least? Like Shackler's. Maybe on Riad there's composite solo. fuck I don't know, where's Soul Monster?

My personal guess is that if Ron completely replaced any of Buckethead's parts, the BH parts were not quite complete or where not of good enough quality to be on the album. There are way too many moments where Axl kept huge Buckethead parts for me to think he had Ron play parts for any other reason than to tie up loose ends so to speak.