What did they discuss in the GNR meetings Fernando referred to?

Guest NGOG

Maybe we can refrain from sarcastic jibes and actually consider what GNR management were discussing in a series of lengthy meetings (presumably with the label). Considering that Fernando is already referring to GNR 2014, you have a licence to think big.

Remainder of 2013: 'Appetite for Democracy'

Mid-2014: touring

Late 2014: next GNR album

Edited by NGOG

Maybe we can refrain from sarcastic jibes and actually consider what GNR management were discussing in a series of lengthy meetings (presumably with the label). Considering that Fernando is already referring to GNR 2014, you have a licence to think big.

What you suggested is my hope!

Ever the optimist NGOG! :D

He didn't say who the meeting was with, but it's probably:

Stuff Axl needs to sign off on and approve.

Appetite for Democracy

The GNR website & social media plans

The leaks

Offers being made for upcoming shows, private gigs.

What the other members of GNR had told Fernando they were doing during the down time

Rapidfire tapes?

Discussion on how to release new music

Updating the Xmas card list.

Halloween party

Charities, letters of people asking for money.

Stalkers that might have been harassing them recently.

Is another recordless year doable? If they try to get through another year without releasing new music surely that will have a significant effect on touring figures and the mood of the fanbase? It will also harm any relationship which exists with Interscope unless they agree to milk the past with masters etc.

Is another recordless year doable? If they try to get through another year without releasing new music surely that will have a significant effect on touring figures and the mood of the fanbase? It will also harm any relationship which exists with Interscope unless they agree to milk the past with masters etc.

I do wonder if they think they can win us over with just the DVD release. That would suck.

He didn't say who the meeting was with, but it's probably:

Stuff Axl needs to sign off on and approve.

Appetite for Democracy

The GNR website & social media plans

The leaks

Offers being made for upcoming shows, private gigs.

What the other members of GNR had told Fernando they were doing during the down time

Rapidfire tapes?

Discussion on how to release new music

Updating the Xmas card list.

Halloween party

Charities, letters of people asking for money.

Stalkers that might have been harassing them recently.

:lol:

At least you got the 'priorities' straight. I would have been very concerned had it been the other way around.

Does this all mean that Beta lied to me when she said to my face that there would be new music later this year? Or maybe the leaks were all part of the plan? I dunno.

Why should it take another year to release a new album though?

If Axl has been sitting on 20-to-70 songs for a decade, and we know the newer guys like BBF and DJ have written a bunch of songs........and it's been five years since the last album and they've only been touring off and on the past four years...........why should it take over a year to put together another album?

I think you know the answer to that question, you need to stop expressing yourself rhetorically. The act of releasing music in the modern day industry isn't just that.