Kurt Cobain's Donkey Kong-like game and skiis for sale.

ohlovelyrita

There was a topic on Kurt's death and detailed discussion about Courtney's possible involvement here a few months ago - http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/198124-anniversary-of-kurt-cobains-suicide-death-scene-pics/?hl=columbo#entry3389764

I don't think she did it but she is guilty of other nonsense she doesn't want revealed. She humiliated him and maybe the second letter spoke of her affairs with Corgan and Reznor. Maybe just the former at that time. Since he escaped rehab, I wonder if there was any work on how he was doing?

This is VERY interesting: http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/128092/i_went_to_a_psychic

Reminds me of Salinger's regrets. Good thing most are easily preventable upon recognition.

• 5 months later...

This love story reads more like Sleep-depraved in Seattle:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/04/the-moment-kurt-cobain-met-courtney-love.html

"Kurt was usually meek when meeting someone for the first time, but in his efforts to impress Courtney, he pulled out every name and credential he could—he clearly wanted to one-up her. As Kurt soon discovered, few could gain a verbal advantage over Love."

Oh.... okay Ms. Harrison, if you're sure about that then let's go to print. We can leave out that Kurt had

other filthy/aggressive/sloppy drunk girls on his mind as easy prospects.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/mar/04/kurt-cobain-nirvana-housemate-selling-skis-craigslist

Craigslist ad for Kurt's skis etc:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/for/4354104126.html

Kurt Cobain's Stuff, Swatch Phone & Skiis & Tomy Game - $50 (Belltown)

00S0S_dsj4vqq3lRj_600x450.jpg
00S0S_dsj4vqq3lRj_50x50c.jpg00202_ecgtrLarjzo_50x50c.jpg00H0H_j44kY41kxa9_50x50c.jpg
marker-shadow.png

"edit: these items are still for sale, sorry i was away from email all weekend. it is monday now and i am back at work and have email, so i can respond. alot of people have asked, i played bass for a short time in gruntruck back in the 90s. any other questions feel free to ask.

Hey Seattle what's up, I used to live with Kurt Cobain back in the 90s and I have been holding on to a bunch of his stuff that he left in a box when he moved out. He owed us rent and said he would get the box when he came back and gave us money but he never came back, then when he was famous he never really talked to any of us again because courtney never liked us but she's a dick so no hard felings.

i am sure it would be easy for you to think that this stuff is fake, but i have pictures of kurt with some of it and i have som friends that will talk to you that will say that this is kurts stuff. we lived together in capitol hill and for a short time in olympia, i was in some very popular bands back then but now i am not playing any music anymore, but if anybody reading this wants to jam, let me know heh heh.

some of this stuff is pretty historical as he was using it whem he was signing his first record contracts, like the phone i know i think he used to talk on the phone to people in LA. that is why it is expensive.

the Swatch phone is a twin phone which means that two people can talk on it at the same time, i remember in the commercials that two people would talk on it at the same time, like a girl would listen in while the other girl was talking, it is in really good condition and is $575.

Kurt was learning to skii when i met him, we went to mount baker a few times to hit the slopes, these are his skiis but i do not have the poles or anything. the bindings are pretty loose but they are good skiis, but of course they are a lot cooler because they are kurts. They are $800

This TOMY game is called "kingman" and is kindof like donkey kong. kurt liked to play this game a lot, it is in good condition but there is some corossion near the battery part. it is still cool tho, and you can have it for $425.

I am willing to meet in belltown near the croc or at the sculpture park, but you can also come to my apartment if you are interested in these items. i also have a lot more stuff of kurts, like magazine and clothes that i will be selling off soon. thank you for looking."

Edited by ohlovelyrita

Guest Len B'stard

I wonder what would've been left of Kurt if, upon his death, they'd put his carcass on an auction block. I wonder how much someone'd pay for his soul or a glass jar that he breathed in once and then slammed a lid on. Or his turd in a bag.

Guest Len B'stard

I had a bruise on my neck from where he kicked me when he stage dived at Rock City. maybe if I had a pic of it would worth something?

Maybe some dead skin off of your body...being that it's skin attached to the skin that had the bruise caused by Kurts kick? :lol: Gotta be worth a couple of grand at least. Maybe you could take the polaroid of it on tour to state fairs and carnivals like it was Ed Geins car or something :lol:

This love story reads more like Sleep-depraved in Seattle:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/04/the-moment-kurt-cobain-met-courtney-love.html

"Kurt was usually meek when meeting someone for the first time, but in his efforts to impress Courtney, he pulled out every name and credential he could—he clearly wanted to one-up her. As Kurt soon discovered, few could gain a verbal advantage over Love."

Oh.... okay Ms. Harrison, if you're sure about that then let's go to print. We can leave out that Kurt had

other filthy/aggressive/sloppy drunk girls on his mind as easy prospects.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/mar/04/kurt-cobain-nirvana-housemate-selling-skis-craigslist

Craigslist ad for Kurt's skis etc:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/for/4354104126.html

Kurt Cobain's Stuff, Swatch Phone & Skiis & Tomy Game - $50 (Belltown)

00S0S_dsj4vqq3lRj_600x450.jpg
00S0S_dsj4vqq3lRj_50x50c.jpg00202_ecgtrLarjzo_50x50c.jpg00H0H_j44kY41kxa9_50x50c.jpg
marker-shadow.png

"edit: these items are still for sale, sorry i was away from email all weekend. it is monday now and i am back at work and have email, so i can respond. alot of people have asked, i played bass for a short time in gruntruck back in the 90s. any other questions feel free to ask.

Hey Seattle what's up, I used to live with Kurt Cobain back in the 90s and I have been holding on to a bunch of his stuff that he left in a box when he moved out. He owed us rent and said he would get the box when he came back and gave us money but he never came back, then when he was famous he never really talked to any of us again because courtney never liked us but she's a dick so no hard felings.

i am sure it would be easy for you to think that this stuff is fake, but i have pictures of kurt with some of it and i have som friends that will talk to you that will say that this is kurts stuff. we lived together in capitol hill and for a short time in olympia, i was in some very popular bands back then but now i am not playing any music anymore, but if anybody reading this wants to jam, let me know heh heh.

some of this stuff is pretty historical as he was using it whem he was signing his first record contracts, like the phone i know i think he used to talk on the phone to people in LA. that is why it is expensive.

the Swatch phone is a twin phone which means that two people can talk on it at the same time, i remember in the commercials that two people would talk on it at the same time, like a girl would listen in while the other girl was talking, it is in really good condition and is $575.

Kurt was learning to skii when i met him, we went to mount baker a few times to hit the slopes, these are his skiis but i do not have the poles or anything. the bindings are pretty loose but they are good skiis, but of course they are a lot cooler because they are kurts. They are $800

This TOMY game is called "kingman" and is kindof like donkey kong. kurt liked to play this game a lot, it is in good condition but there is some corossion near the battery part. it is still cool tho, and you can have it for $425.

I am willing to meet in belltown near the croc or at the sculpture park, but you can also come to my apartment if you are interested in these items. i also have a lot more stuff of kurts, like magazine and clothes that i will be selling off soon. thank you for looking."

In a way, this is better than the auction route - "here's a box of Kurt's crap he left when he shafted us on the rent".

I had a bruise on my neck from where he kicked me when he stage dived at Rock City. maybe if I had a pic of it would worth something?

Maybe some dead skin off of your body...being that it's skin attached to the skin that had the bruise caused by Kurts kick? :lol: Gotta be worth a couple of grand at least. Maybe you could take the polaroid of it on tour to state fairs and carnivals like it was Ed Geins car or something :lol:

Kurt is in rock n roll heaven with Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison say "I kicked wasted with this converse shoe, I never take it off." Jim is like I wish I could be your shoe just to be that close to greatness. Then my laptop powered down and 5 hipsters said "ssshhhhh"

• Like 1

:lol: I always wanted an Elvis' hairbrush (j/k) until I found out he preferred combs. No value unless it was used.

I never heard these quotes by Cobain before from 7/93 and "unearthed" a few months ago:

"In the recording, Cobain can be heard describing how "different" and "alienated" he felt in high school. At one point, Savage asked if he had problems with people thinking he was gay.

"Yeah. Yeah. I even thought that I was gay," Cobain responded. "I thought that might be the solution to my problem. Although I never experimented with it, I had a gay friend, and then my mother wouldn't allow me to be friends with him anymore because... well, she's homophobic. It was real devastating because finally I found a male friend who I actually hugged and was affectionate too, and we talked about a lot of things... I couldn't hang out with him anymore."

This is not the first time the late Nirvana frontman spoke frankly about his sexuality. In 1993, Cobain gave a candid interview to the Advocate and discussed how he is "gay in spirit" and "probably could be bisexual."

"I’ve always been a really sickly, feminine person anyhow, so I thought I was gay for a while because I didn’t find any of the girls in my high school attractive at all," he said. "They had really awful haircuts and fucked-up attitudes. So I thought I would try to be gay for a while, but I’m just more sexually attracted to women. But I’m really glad that I found a few gay friends, because it totally saved me from becoming a monk or something."

Gay, straight, bi---doesn't matter but cool he was open to accepting whatever came up.

• 2 weeks later...