The Night Slash Went to Axl's House

axlsalinger

You call it the hard way for him to not play with the old guys. I call it the easy way out. It's easier to not acknowledge that you're a controlling jackass that disregarded your fellow members every time you didn't show up to a show or walked off. Or the guy that introduced a controlling contract into the band.

Choosing lesser known and charismatic musicians that wont steal your spotlight while you milk the old catalog is NOT the harder road. It's a cowardly alternative to acknowledging your own short comings and guilt.

Hiring your own band to play old hits = the hard way. Yeah right.

Great posts. People are so quick to try to rewrite history.

Definitely harder to get people to come see you when you do it that way. No question about it.

You call it the hard way for him to not play with the old guys. I call it the easy way out. It's easier to not acknowledge that you're a controlling jackass that disregarded your fellow members every time you didn't show up to a show or walked off. Or the guy that introduced a controlling contract into the band.

Choosing lesser known and charismatic musicians that wont steal your spotlight while you milk the old catalog is NOT the harder road. It's a cowardly alternative to acknowledging your own short comings and guilt.

Definitely harder to get people to come see you when you do it that way. No question about it.

But if you're still using the same name, it's not that hard.

I thought the name was worthless.

The name was worthless when they started the band, in the sense of, without the music they put together, it wouldn't be worth 1 dollar. However, once they became one of the biggest bands in the world (because of their music), the name was worth millions. That's why Axl decided to keep it. It wasn't that hard to claim that your solo act is still Guns N' Roses, based on the fact that you own the name. Yes, nobody can take away from Axl now but let's not say that he took the hard way when he didn't.

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 1

The name was worthless when they started the band, in the sense of, without the music they put together, it wouldn't be worth 1 dollar. However, once they became one of the biggest bands in the world (because of their music), the name was worth millions. That's why Axl decided to keep it. It wasn't that hard to claim that your solo act is still Guns N' Roses, based on the fact that you own the name. Yes, nobody can take away from Axl now but let's not say that he took the hard way when he didn't.

So let me get this straight. Slash and Duff didn't care about the name because it was worth nothing without them, but the name is the only reason people go to see Axl so it's easy for him to draw people? Why has he never drawn a crowd as big as the classic lineup used to then?

So let me get this straight. Slash and Duff didn't care about the name because it was worth nothing without them, but the name is the only reason people go to see Axl so it's easy for him to draw people? Why has he never drawn a crowd as big as the classic lineup used to then?

No. They didn't care about the name because they thought it was worth nothing with them and also, that Axl wouldn't be able to replace them. One could easily say that they were dumb as fuck.

Why has he never drawn a crowd as big as the classic line-up? Multiple factors, but it shouldn't be a comparison between the old and new band, it should be a comparison between Axl's solo project disguised as Guns N' Roses and the "Axl Rose" show. In that case, the disguised act as "Guns" will always draw more than Axl could be if he went solo "officially".

No. They didn't care about the name because they thought it was worth nothing with them and also, that Axl wouldn't be able to replace them. One could easily say that they were dumb as fuck.

Why has he never drawn a crowd as big as the classic line-up? Multiple factors, but it shouldn't be a comparison between the old and new band, it should be a comparison between Axl's solo project disguised as Guns N' Roses and the "Axl Rose" show. In that case, the disguised act as "Guns" will always draw more than Axl could be if he went solo "officially".

That isn't even an argument worth having because there is no way to factually prove anything. I could easily say that Axl solo would have a minimum of 5 albums released and be far more successful than new Guns and there is absolutely no way to prove otherwise. Alternate realities are useless to discuss.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Exactly, they worth nothing to them, they still get money from royalties. The name is not the only reason people go to see Axl's band, but it helps a lot, specially in Vegas and South America.

He has never drawn a bigger crowd because it's not the 90s anymore.

Eh, Axl is one, or two good singles away from being mainstream again.

1. Write song about some chick you see at a club. (Preferably with a "fat ass")

2. Release single with video accompaniment wherein Axl approaches the aforementioned chick with a fat ass.

3. Have the band network, and hang out with the pasty turtleneckers at Apple. (ie. Teach them how to talk to girls)

4. Lock a contract, and release the album through iTunes.

5. #GNR2015 trending on tweenagers' tumbler accounts. Woo-hoo!

5. Voiíla. Now Axl's playing the VMAs, and...

6. .....banging Miley Cyrus.

• Like 1

Weak.

Weak.

Your words are weak? Glad you're finally coming to some self realization.

Exactly, they worth nothing to them, they still get money from royalties. The name is not the only reason people go to see Axl's band, but it helps a lot, specially in Vegas and South America.

He has never drawn a bigger crowd because it's not the 90s anymore.

Eh, Axl is one, or two good singles away from being mainstream again.

1. Write song about some chick you see at a club. (Preferably with a "fat ass")

2. Release single with video accompaniment wherein Axl approaches the aforementioned chick with a fat ass.

3. Have the band network, and hang out with the pasty turtleneckers at Apple. (ie. Teach them how to talk to girls)

4. Lock a contract, and release the album through iTunes.

5. #GNR2015 trending on tweenagers' tumbler accounts. Woo-hoo!

5. Voiíla. Now Axl's playing the VMAs, and...

6. .....banging Miley Cyrus.

You're quick :lol:

Actually DS, got it right, look at what he said:

Slash and Duff didn't care about the name because it was worth nothing without them, but the name is the only reason people go to see Axl so it's easy for him to draw people?

Slash and Duff didn't care about the name. They did care about the royalties, which was worth money to them. Right on.

The name is the only reason people go to see Axl. Not the only reason, but yes, the name still has power, specially on Vegas, South America, Festivals, Russian weddings...

• Like 1

Actually DS, got it right, look at what he said:

Slash and Duff didn't care about the name because it was worth nothing without them, but the name is the only reason people go to see Axl so it's easy for him to draw people?

Slash and Duff didn't care about the name. They did care about the royalties, which was worth money to them. Right on.

The name is the only reason people go to see Axl. Not the only reason, but yes, the name still has power, specially on Vegas, South America, Festivals, Russian weddings...

So the name is the only reason and not the only reason people go to see Axl. Got it.

Your question makes zero sense. Just like your arithmetic in the original topic where this was discussed.

I'll break it up easier for you again.

They don't care about the name despite what your confusion is over the lawsuit.

The name draws crowds.

That does not mean anyone is claiming that Slash and Duff consider the name completely worthless. Sober up.