The Night Slash Went to Axl's House

axlsalinger

You call the police if TM knocks on your door, at ANY time of day.

Regarding Slash 's visit, just seems odd that from what we know, Axl has been waiting for years to get an apology. It might have happened that night. Considering Axl had cordial visits with izzy, duff, Gilby, Matt, and even Steven fucking Adler, who knows what could have happened.

Yeah, he was waiting for an apology for years... but I really don't know if he could have dealt with it after so long. It's like an ex trying to come back in your life, it's just.... hard to figure out what the right choice is. I think it's pretty clear that Beta never wants Slash to get close to Axl, though.

That's an interesting point. We've been hearing for a long time now that Axl wants an apology from Slash. I believe even Marc has said it.

But what if Axl can't accept it. His hatred for Slash really seems to haven taken on a life of it's own, it's consumed him for decades now. What if he can't let that hatred go? What if he actually needs it to push him thru the day....and then it's suddenly gone. Would he turn on Beta and her family?

I get the impression he needs a focus for his anger, someone physical that he can project it on to. Whether it was his mother or grandmother or father or Warren Beatty. If he forgives Slash, he'll need to find another victim.

The recent comments about "I feel that ball's not in my court. I'm surviving this war, not the one who created this war"... He really does just build this up and up. I really doubt Slash or Duff or anyone ever viewed this as a "war". From Out Ta Get Me to Madagascar, everything is Axl fighting against "a sea of treacherous horrors". It's the whole martyr complex thing (not to discount when he has genuinely suffered).

Again, with the ex analogy, it's often more comforting to thinks that your ex still thinks about you, actively hates you or abuses you... than to think that they just don't use a shit about you at all. Do you think Stephanie Seymour has given a second thought about Axl in recent years? This I Love has him claim that "her heart is just like mine", because that's more comforting than realising she just doesn't really care about you or think about you any more.

What I find most curious are the lyrics to Prostitute. "What would you say if I told you that I'm to blame..." Is it an admission from Axl for his responsibility in his breakup with Stephanie? His inability to "save" her? Or an admission of his part in the breakup with Slash? Who knows.

Edited by Amir

I personally find it really hard to believe that Slash opened up to Beta at the door and said all those things. It would be one thing if he actually spoke to Axl that night and then Axl came out and said Slash said all those things to HIM but do we really believe that Slash (who apparently wasn't even allowed in the house) told Beta at the door, " Uh Beta... could you tell Axl that Duff is spineless, Scott's a fraud and I hate Matt Sorum and it's clear to me now that he's the stronger man, Thanks! " That scenario just seems totally retarded and unbelievable to me. Even if Slash truly believed all those things I can't see him telling Stephanie Seymour's former babysitter all of that in hopes that she would pass the message on to Axl at some point. Then again, that's just my opinion, doesn't make any sense to me though.

Great post.The odds of Slash telling Beta all that stuff is pretty slim. Seems like she is probably lying.

Regarding Slash 's visit, just seems odd that from what we know, Axl has been waiting for years to get an apology. It might have happened that night. Considering Axl had cordial visits with izzy, duff, Gilby, Matt, and even Steven fucking Adler, who knows what could have happened.

Yeah, he was waiting for an apology for years... but I really don't know if he could have dealt with it after so long. It's like an ex trying to come back in your life, it's just.... hard to figure out what the right choice is. I think it's pretty clear that Beta never wants Slash to get close to Axl, though.

That's an interesting point. We've been hearing for a long time now that Axl wants an apology from Slash. I believe even Marc has said it.

But what if Axl can't accept it. His hatred for Slash really seems to haven taken on a life of it's own, it's consumed him for decades now. What if he can't let that hatred go? What if he actually needs it to push him thru the day....and then it's suddenly gone. Would he turn on Beta and her family?

I get the impression he needs a focus for his anger, someone physical that he can project it on to. Whether it was his mother or grandmother or father or Warren Beatty. If he forgives Slash, he'll need to find another victim.

Axl wants a PUBLIC apology, remember? Not a private one knocking at 5.30 in the morning. :awesomeface:

I think that was why Beta turned Slash's access to Axl away (or maybe like some people say, Axl wasn't even at home at the time, who knows?).

I still fid it hard to believe Slash poured his heart out to Beta, of all the people. BUT...he was drunk, maybe he was the kind who let his tongue run loose when drunk, no matter who the audience was? :shrugs:

I personally find it really hard to believe that Slash opened up to Beta at the door and said all those things. It would be one thing if he actually spoke to Axl that night and then Axl came out and said Slash said all those things to HIM but do we really believe that Slash (who apparently wasn't even allowed in the house) told Beta at the door, " Uh Beta... could you tell Axl that Duff is spineless, Scott's a fraud and I hate Matt Sorum and it's clear to me now that he's the stronger man, Thanks! " That scenario just seems totally retarded and unbelievable to me. Even if Slash truly believed all those things I can't see him telling Stephanie Seymour's former babysitter all of that in hopes that she would pass the message on to Axl at some point. Then again, that's just my opinion, doesn't make any sense to me though.

I find it hard to believe as well, but I guess if they talked for like half an hour, maybe Slash did say some of those things, especially if he was drunk. A couple of the comments could also have been taken out of context, etc.

I think Slash went to Axls place and beta basically told him to leave and that's that. Axls camp made Slash look like a evil dude like they always do. I mean why would Slash go to his ex wife and talk about shit about his current wife? It's a real dumb move if you ask me one that I just don't see Slash doing.

Let me see if I have this straight:

Slash changes his story several years after intially saying he never went to see Axl. Then Scott states that he believes he was set-up to start a feud with Axl. Yet, somehow Axl is trying to make Slash look bad?

Perla made him go there, this wasn't his idea and he was drunk. I understand if he denied at first cause he probably thouht it was a bad idea from the start but he just listened to his wife. And why say "Slash wasn't under the influence", why did they mentioned that "fact", what purpose does it have? Doesn't make sense. Beta hates Slash more than Axl so it wouldn't surprise me one bit that she twisted Slash's words to make her master feel better.

I thought this the moment the story broke - its as absurd now as it was then

Funny thing is, Slash has badmouthed Axl for many years after the break up of the band. Axl has kept hes mouth shut. Slash is the guy for whatever reasons tries to reach out to Axl coming to hes home. He then lies about it, try to deny it before he has to admit, it happend. My conclusion on all this is: Slash wants badly back in Guns N Roses, and hes biggest dream is to reunite.

Im hoping Axl never let him back in the band. He doesnt deserve that. Insted Axl should get back Buckethead. rock3

I created a topic in the Attitude section a while back for all the terrible things Slash said about Axl. I'd like you to share on this topic what you're refering to. Thanks.

Axl wants a PUBLIC apology, remember? Not a private one knocking at 5.30 in the morning. :awesomeface:

I think that was why Beta turned Slash's access to Axl away (or maybe like some people say, Axl wasn't even at home at the time, who knows?).

I still fid it hard to believe Slash poured his heart out to Beta, of all the people. BUT...he was drunk, maybe he was the kind who let his tongue run loose when drunk, no matter who the audience was? :shrugs:

Slash has taken ownership in public, admitted he was bitter and said a lot of negative things, etc. The full on apology that Axl wants? I don't think anything Slash would say, in public or private, will make it right in Axl's mind.

And I agree, Slash trashing his bandmates to Beta comes off absurd.

This debate can go on and on, the problem being that there's two sides 1) hates Axl 2) hates Slash... so both feel the need to bash the other endlessly. This feud is not our fight, we can be sad and hope they'll sort their shit out but... it's quite unlikely :D

taking sides is mindless! just enjoy what the guys are doing now (well what slash is doing now at least, as he still releases new material).

I believe he said those things or something similar but I also believe the story brought back to Axl was slightly over-exaggerated to make Slash look weak and to please Axl. Both parties seem to have been duped by the women their lives :D

Funny thing is, Slash has badmouthed Axl for many years after the break up of the band. Axl has kept hes mouth shut. Slash is the guy for whatever reasons tries to reach out to Axl coming to hes home. He then lies about it, try to deny it before he has to admit, it happend. My conclusion on all this is: Slash wants badly back in Guns N Roses, and hes biggest dream is to reunite.

Im hoping Axl never let him back in the band. He doesnt deserve that. Insted Axl should get back Buckethead. rock3

I created a topic in the Attitude section a while back for all the terrible things Slash said about Axl. I'd like you to share on this topic what you're refering to. Thanks.

Laughable, Slash is doing just fine on his own... I honestly think he believes a reunion would be too much work when he considers the extra baggage involved. I do know that he would love to perform to larger audiences and play some of the old material that he can't pull of without Axl on vocals * I say I know, I don't have evidence but it seems fair enough to assume it,

Laughable, Slash is doing just fine on his own... I honestly think he believes a reunion would be too much work when he considers the extra baggage involved. I do know that he would love to perform to larger audiences and play some of the old material that he can't pull of without Axl on vocals * I say I know, I don't have evidence but it seems fair enough to assume it,

Do you imagine Slash or Duff in GNR as it is now? With all the yesmen, Jarmo, Beta and her kids, Axl bringing these people on stage to sing them happy birthday? Do you imagine Slash and Duff in this environement and enjoying it? I sure don't.

• Like 1

Even if Slash said those things, which I doubt, it was utterly ridiculous for Axl to make that public. Axl hates Slash so much it's just laughable at this point. What a baby.

Agreed, the feud makes Axl look like a baby. He should either stop talking about it, put all his cards on the table publicly stating why he has such a hatred for Slash or just man up and talk to Slash and squash the feud once and for all... I can't think of many things worth hating someone for 20yrs... killing a loved one, screwing his wife... I'm not sure about the latter but I'm pretty confident Slash didn't kill anyone :D

Duff and Matt are still friends with Slash. I don't know if anyone is friends with Scott, even Duff for as close as they once were, Scott burned his own bridges with people. So Beta and Axl's sinister plan didn't exactly work out. Nice try though.

Duff had said what happened didn't affect his friendship.

The story of Slash badmouthing the rest of Velvet Revolver to Beta falls apart if you think about the other musicians themselves. Duff is spineless? In the past 17 years I've seen him with Neurotic Boy Outsiders (later Neurotic Outsiders), the reunited Ten Minute Warning, a one-off as part of The Presidents of the United States of America, and Loaded (opening for GNR in Seattle). He's also an author and journalist, and earned his college degree late in life. The guy is a go-getter. He makes opportunities for himself. In person he's very friendly and grounded.

I don't buy it.

The story of Slash badmouthing the rest of Velvet Revolver to Beta falls apart if you think about the other musicians themselves. Duff is spineless? In the past 17 years I've seen him with Neurotic Boy Outsiders (later Neurotic Outsiders), the reunited Ten Minute Warning, a one-off as part of The Presidents of the United States of America, and Loaded (opening for GNR in Seattle). He's also an author and journalist, and earned his college degree late in life. The guy is a go-getter. He makes opportunities for himself. In person he's very friendly and grounded.

I don't buy it.

Indeed. Why would he say these things against them? It's not like he hates Duff and would rather be with Axl than Duff. He supposedly told that he hates Matt, then why is it that when Matt invites him to camp Freddy or to join KOC he doesn't refuse? No instead he refused to play 2-3 songs on CD for Axl.. Anyway, I'm sure it got all twisted by Beta.

• Like 1

I wouldn't put it past Slash to badmouth Duff or Matt, he badmouthed Izzy and Axl, before backtracking, retracting, etc. He definitely wasn't getting on with Scott. The part which makes me think that, if not entirely bullshit, the story is exaggerated, is the whole "war" thing. That's Axl's thinking, doubt Slash ever viewed it as a "war".

It got twisted and exaggereted and if he said something we don't have the full version or the context. There's a difference between "Duff is spineless" and "Duff is spineless when it comes to *insert a specific matter*". Beta and Axl made it public to shit on Slash, break VR and that's pathetic.