Did Bucket make the right choice by leaving?

Young_Gun

Yes he made the right choice. He was replaced by a superior guitarist. He should have done it long before he did. If only Axl had had the brains to make similar improvements with his replacements for Brain and Robin, this would be an amazing band again.

I like Bumble, but Bucket's tone is better, he's more melodic, and his solos are more memorable. I'd say they're comparable, but 'superior' is not the word I would choose to describe him against Bucket.

I'd say superior is the only word to describe Ron when comparing him with Bucket. That's the strange thing about opinions, huh?

Superior in what way? Can you give an example? I'm a fan of Bumble. His technical abilities and theory knowledge are impressive, and I do like some of his solo material, but Bucket's body of work, his ability to compose in many genres and especially the way he solos make your superior comment seem a bit out of place.

Superior in every single way imaginable. His tone is better, his playing on GN'R songs is leagues better, he is a far better songwriter and the only genre where your statement makes any sense to me at all would be ambient techno. A genre I happen to despise.

I disagree with everything you said here, but I guess it's a matter of taste. I think his tone sucks compared to Bucket's. I'm sure I can counter any example you give me of Bumble's 'better' tone (if you have one) with what I consider to be actuallly a good sound.

And I can easily counter anything that you have to post as well, why do you think I pointed out the idiocy of arguing opinions in the first place? In my eyes, you will never be right. Ever. And the reverse applies just as well.

Right... so do you have an example or not?

Every song Ron wrote is an example to me. What part of this are you completely failing to understand? Pick one yourself and it has a far better tone than anything Bucket has ever written.

lol ok man.

Yes he made the right choice. He was replaced by a superior guitarist. He should have done it long before he did. If only Axl had had the brains to make similar improvements with his replacements for Brain and Robin, this would be an amazing band again.

I like Bumble, but Bucket's tone is better, he's more melodic, and his solos are more memorable. I'd say they're comparable, but 'superior' is not the word I would choose to describe him against Bucket.

I'd say superior is the only word to describe Ron when comparing him with Bucket. That's the strange thing about opinions, huh?

Superior in what way? Can you give an example? I'm a fan of Bumble. His technical abilities and theory knowledge are impressive, and I do like some of his solo material, but Bucket's body of work, his ability to compose in many genres and especially the way he solos make your superior comment seem a bit out of place.

Superior in every single way imaginable. His tone is better, his playing on GN'R songs is leagues better, he is a far better songwriter and the only genre where your statement makes any sense to me at all would be ambient techno. A genre I happen to despise.

I disagree with everything you said here, but I guess it's a matter of taste. I think his tone sucks compared to Bucket's. I'm sure I can counter any example you give me of Bumble's 'better' tone (if you have one) with what I consider to be actuallly a good sound.

And I can easily counter anything that you have to post as well, why do you think I pointed out the idiocy of arguing opinions in the first place? In my eyes, you will never be right. Ever. And the reverse applies just as well.

Right... so do you have an example or not?

Every song Ron wrote is an example to me. What part of this are you completely failing to understand? Pick one yourself and it has a far better tone than anything Bucket has ever written.

lol ok man.

Let's do apples to apples. Same song. To me, TWAT happens to be the best thing Bucket has ever done. Admittedly, I haven't heard all 16,634 "songs" that he's released, but I have heard enough. Ron sounds better playing that live than Bucket did in the studio. I'd love to hear Bucket play it live for an even better comparison, but since his studio version is inferior, I wouldn't have too high of hopes in him being able to compare. Same with the whole Guns catalog, Ron sounds better playing every single part that Bucket played as well. I really don't see where you're trying to make a comparison here.

Damn_Smooth:

You don't even have to go far to hear it imo. Compare studio to studio and live to live. Listen to Bucket's work on Chinese, like his There Was A Time outro, or his Sorry or If The World solo. Compare that to Bumble's Catcher solo tone. Or his outro on the same song.

Outside of Gn'R, it's even more obvious. Live, most of Bumble's Nightrain outros lose direction compared to Bucket's Nightrain for example.

Soothsayer, Earth Heals Herself, or something more relaxed like anything on Dreamatorium. But like I said, you don't have to go too far to hear it. I don't think you'll find a Bumble studio solo that sounds as good tone wise as Bucket's outro in There Was A Time.

From what has transpired(or not) of the band since Bucket's departure, was he wise for leaving the band when he did? As much as I would love 10 albums with him, Axl and Robin, I don't think he is missing out on much by not being in Guns now.

yes

He's good on his own way plus he likes to release new material very very often

that's enough reason, imo

bucket deserve more than playing in a nostalgia band

Rovim wins here

Damn_Smooth:

You don't even have to go far to hear it imo. Compare studio to studio and live to live. Listen to Bucket's work on Chinese, like his There Was A Time outro, or his Sorry or If The World solo. Compare that to Bumble's Catcher solo tone. Or his outro on the same song.

Outside of Gn'R, it's even more obvious. Live, most of Bumble's Nightrain outros lose direction compared to Bucket's Nightrain for example.

Soothsayer, Earth Heals Herself, or something more relaxed like anything on Dreamatorium. But like I said, you don't have to go too far to hear it. I don't think you'll find a Bumble studio solo that sounds as good tone wise as Bucket's outro in There Was A Time.

I completely disagree. Ron's Nightrain is a vast improvement to me, and I already explained my feelings on TWAT. As far as "feeling" and tone go, I've never heard anything from Bucket in Guns or out that comes close to touching the solo in Breaking. To each his own though, I guess. I can't really fault you if you hear things differently than I do.

Rovim wins here

Shhh... The grownups are talking.

you're clearly trolling

inb4 the opinions card :rofl-lol:

you're clearly trolling

inb4 the opinions card :rofl-lol:

Liking Ron better than Bucket is all it takes to cupcake now? You're an idiot.

Sorry mods, but he's an idiot. :shrugs:

Damn_Smooth:

I completely disagree. Ron's Nightrain is a vast improvement to me, and I already explained my feelings on TWAT. As far as "feeling" and tone go, I've never heard anything from Bucket in Guns or out that comes close to touching the solo in Breaking. To each his own though, I guess. I can't really fault you if you hear things differently than I do.

Rovim wins here

Lol, you just a random inbred piece of shit on a washed up rockstars forum with full of cupcakes and idiots like you

do the world a favor and hang yourself on a tree, bitch

Damn_Smooth:

Rovim wins here

Lol, you just a random inbred piece of shit on a washed up rockstars forum with full of cupcakes and idiots like you

do the world a favor and hang yourself on a tree, bitch

You sound mad. Maybe you should lay down for your nap. Idiot.

Every question and every story has two sides.

But for sure not every ex-GNR did make the right choice by leaving.

Every ex-GNR classic lineup member would like a reunion except Izzy I guess.

For Bucket he has his name before joining GNR. With or without GNR he is Bucket, got his own brand. But who knows if he made the right choice? Look at BBF these days he's more famous because of GNR. BBF has been touring solo until Feb. 2014 using the name "GNR guitarist" thing. The band leads him to better position http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-guitarist-bumblefoot-announced-as-chairperson-for-rock2live-psa-music-series/

If Bucket didn't leave, he would have been very popular these days or he's not accepted at all by a majority fans.

I guess happiness is not a question being in a GNR camp since then because in 5 years nobody ever got fired or left the band but managers.

To me he doesnt fit GNR but he played great stuff on CD.

I think if you take into consideration what Axl was trying to do, and what direction he wanted Gn'R to take, then you can kinda see how Bucket made sense for that line up.

The Robin Finck/ NIN thing he was fascinated with, how Axl wanted Trent to 'do anything, do Estranged'. Stylistically Bucket's guitar playing was a good fit with the way Robin played, and Robin was there almost from the start, dictating a big part of the approach.

Having said that, for old Gn'R? fuck no. Doesn't fit, but I'm ok with it cause I like the crazy nature of that line up and what they did together.

It's one thing if you don't like the progressive style Axl has had (which really started post AFD era) especially since the CD era because obviously then you would not like Buckethead much as a guitarist, but the point is for the style that the CD era was all about I thought Bucket was perfect. Whether it be from his visual element (mysterious never talking faceless man) to his guitar playing in which he is probably the most talented guitarist on Earth, at least on the skill level part of guitar playing. I thought he was a perfect fit for the NuGNR era, and I always say how awesome I thought the 2002 version of the band was, it was just such a unique thing at the time, and mysterious. if they would have kept pushing forward with that band at the time I wonder how the timeline maybe would have changed? I have always pondered this.

• Like 1

If you enjoy twirly, cliché solos with no melodic motifs, Ron's your man. He's straight from the eighties, and his Line-6 tone is all over Chinese.

Pssst.... sometimes "it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

If you enjoy twirly, cliché solos with no melodic motifs, Ron's your man. He's straight from the eighties, and his Line-6 tone is all over Chinese.

Pssst.... sometimes "it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

Pretty much. If only Ron could've not recorded anything on Chinese, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Aptly put, dude.

Pretty much. If only Ron could've not recorded anything on Chinese, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Aptly put, dude.
And yet you keep going. Oh well, I can only try so hard to save you from yourself until I succumb to the entertainment value of letting you run wild. :shrugs:

I think you're dead wrong about Bucket vs. Bumble, but :wub: @ Mark Twain.

I think you're dead wrong about Bucket vs. Bumble, but :wub: @ Mark Twain.
Lot's of people think I'm dead wrong about everything, but I don't hold it against them.