Is this the coolest rock concert video ever?

ManetsBR

Seriously. 1.600.000 people, the army, the soldiers on the crowd!

This is a good find. The expression of sheer ecstasy on the faces of people is just unbelievable.

It is not of course only because of Metallica. It has maybe more to do with what the concert represented:

a sign of hope for better things to come. At the time of the concert there was nothing in the shops to buy,

no deodorant (most people did not even know what it is), soap etc. - at times there were potatoes and

some other basic food products. A tourist (the few who were there) could live for months by selling

a pair of old jeans. It might have been risky even to listen to American or European music just some

months before this concert?

Did anyone from here experience it or know people who were there? How was it?

No, this is:

I saw the New York Dolls in 1973 in a small club in the village in NYC. The stage was so small and the club was packed. It was a crazy night.

I was hoping that either Lou Reed or David Bowie would show up, but they didn't. All I could think of was that the singer DJ was doing his best impression of Mick Jagger.