Do you think Slash has begun to dislike Axl more?

ThinkAboutYou

I don't buy this dictator rumor that the old guys like to parade around.

Then you are officaly blind

Slash is obsessed with Axl,...first ending his shows with Paradise City (using the same confetti machine)

big deal... nobody cares about this, only you (even Axl doesn't give a shit, imo)

Hires a guy that sounds like a dying cat thinking it sounds like Axl

I'm not a big fan of Myles voice, but i think Slash hires him, because they really can work together and Myles respect him and vica versa...

So this is only your accusations not facts... Hell, even Todd Kerns sings most of the AFD songs

brings burgers to a talk show...what's next?

you got me with this :lol: when was this happened? i know Axl do this, but Slash? when? where?

anyway it's pretty pathetic

Edited by Crash Diet

Slash is obsessed with Axl,...first ending his shows with Paradise City (using the same confetti machine), Hires a guy that sounds like a dying cat thinking it sounds like Axl but it really doesn't, brings burgers to a talk show...what's next? :shrugs:

Grasping straws huh volcano?

Slash is obsessed with Axl,...first ending his shows with Paradise City (using the same confetti machine)

big deal... nobody cares about this, only you (even Axl doesn't give a shit, imo)

I'm not a big fan of Myles voice, but i think Slash hires him, because they really can work together and Myles respect him and vica versa...

So this is only your accusations not facts... Hell, even Todd Kerns sings most of the AFD songs

you got me with this :lol: when was this happened? i know Axl do this, but Slash? when? where?

slashburgers_zps88a17792.jpg

Slash is obsessed with Axl,...first ending his shows with Paradise City (using the same confetti machine), Hires a guy that sounds like a dying cat thinking it sounds like Axl but it really doesn't, brings burgers to a talk show...what's next? :shrugs:

Grasping straws huh volcano?

are you really surprised? I'm not.

Slash now has a Umami burger in his name with $1 of each burger sold going to LAYN. it's a limited run going until November 27th (coincidentally, Myles' 44th bday). honestly don't see anything "pathetic" about that. it's a limited run item for charity. Slash has been very supportive of LAYN from what I've seen in the last few years (I've really only paid attention since he started working with Myles). anyway, here's the link to the info.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-gets-his-own-burger/

Edited by uctalum01

So you must really hate listening to afd and uyi nowadays huh? As much as I wish nothing but failure for axl, I hav nowhere near as much vitriol for axl as youdo slash -- and I even nearly got hit by a flying chair at the phillyriot back in 2002 b/c of that tool

So you must really hate listening to afd and uyi nowadays huh? As much as I wish nothing but failure for axl, I hav nowhere near as much vitriol for axl as youdo slash -- and I even nearly got hit by a flying chair at the phillyriot back in 2002 b/c of that tool

I don't listen to AFD or UYI

Slash probably feels the same way he's always felt about Axl. Loves him and hates him at the same time. The ball is in Axl's court now, if Axl EVER decided to get the band back together, I think Slash would be up for it.

Oh well, Slash is keeping himself busy, he is always doing something. Can't say the same for Axl.

I don't listen to AFD or UYI

So like what do you do when they play songs from afd and uyi during concert? Walk out,get a drink, take a leak? Put earplugs in? It must suck for you have to listen to that shit even if bbf or dj is playing slash's shitty shit? Why bother with the aggravation if they only play 2-3 songs off CD?

I don't listen to AFD or UYISo like what do you do when they play songs from afd and uyi during concert? Walk out,get a drink, take a leak? Put earplugs in? It must suck for you have to listen to that shit even if bbf or dj is playing slash's shitty shit? Why bother with the aggravation if they only play 2-3 songs off CD?

I don't listen to AFD and UYI.

Who said anything about live performances?

loool Slash is pathetic like Axl

@volcano - well, if you don't like slash's playing on afd and uyi -- it stands to reason that you would really hate to see gnr live nowadays since their setlists are heavily geared to afd and uyi, and not so much chines democracy? No? So I was wondering what do you do to pass the time when they play slash's shitty shit since you never listen to afd or uyi? Or do you just suck it and pretend to like it?

Slash is rich and ack being successful. Hs gigs are getting as big as GNRs in some territories, he is playing better than ever, he's sober, healthy, happily married with two nice kids who he enjoys being a Dad too. Now he's into films...he won't answer Axl questions..so..

Is he bothered with Axl?

Would you be with all that good stuff in your life?

Volcano - did you write almost 10,500 posts about one album?

Seriously dude, did Slash rape you as a child?

I was going to ask if slash raped his wife and murdered his dog, all the while with volcano tied up and forcing him to watch considering the amount of hatred he has for the guy?

Guys please, his body recognised his brain as a tumour and rejected it- its sad really.

As for Slash, he's doing fine- both parties are always going to be asked about the other so the subject will always be on the horizon but I don't think it bothers him so much.

Why wouldn't he put the "no axl questions" thing on his interviews? Can you imagine being asked the same fucking question every time?? lol. With him and the conspirators as it is I don't think he really cares too much about axl at the current point. He's happy playing with myles and that's really that as far as he's concerned I'd gather.

I agree that it was Slash's own choice to sign the name over. But it was Axl who was a dictatorial jerk during his whole tenure in Guns N' Roses. Even before they were signed. The late starts, the no-shows, the cancelled shows. You are telling me you wouldn't be pissed off with your signer if he did that?

LOL. He should learn to accept his own decisions if he's mad at Axl because he was stupid enough to sign over the name.

Probably. Slash probably looks back at Axl being a fucken deceiving dictator by coercing him and Duff to sign the name over. It stopped being about friendship then and there. Also Axl's bullshit antics like the latestarts and cancelling shows would have pissed him off to no extent. In a way, Slash was smart for leaving that sinking ship. I mean, since Slash has left(15 years ago?), Guns N' Roses as an entity have put out one fucking album... One...

As Slash has stated numerous times, he signed over the name because he believed if the band were to break up it wouldn't matter who had the name.

Regardless of whether he was right or wrong in his decision to do so, in hindsight, he was absolutely right. Picture GNR circa 87-93. Then picture GNR 2001-2013.

Sure. The name has allowed Axl to sell out certain SA shows, but the majority's consensus is that GNR has been dead for a long, long time.

Apparently you don't realize where Slash is at. I'd love to let you live in the ignorant bliss that you currently enjoy, but reality beckons. Even at the height of VR, they never matched New Guns' touring numbers. They can have all the record sales (in 2004 vs 2008, Derp!) in the world, a band makes money off of touring. It's needless to even mention Slash's solo career in both record sales and touring, so I'll leave that humiliation alone.

Actually, I realize exactly where Slash is. And from where I stand, he's done pretty damn well since his GNR days. I'm not a huge fan of the man's musical endeavors outside of GNR, but despite this, he's been ranked the #2 guitar player of all time, only behind Hendrix. He can make solo albums and have just about any singer that he wants to do guest spots. He's found some level of success in VR, and now he's producing films. He's Slash; probably the most distinct and popular guitar player of our time.

New GNR touring numbers are hit n miss, depending on how you wish to spin an argument. As I stated, Axl being able to call his tribute band GNR has allowed him to sell out certain markets at times, mainly outside of the US. I'm sure you'd rather that I not use the states as a benchmark -and for obvious reasons - but Axl now has to resort to "UCAP" shows and Vegas Residencies. Nothing wrong with that, but nothing great either. Sure, he can go back down to South America whenever he wishes and still pull decent numbers, but aside from that, what? He's done virtually nothing near what Slash has done to maintain relevancy, despite having the GNR umbrella to help him.

On topic, I think Slash would have loved to have went back to GNR sometime between 2005-2008. Since that time, I don't think he would want to even with the tempting reunion offers. Personally, I'm sure he thinks Axl is a lunatic and I believe when he says that he's over it. It's just not something he would want to revisit when considering Axl's ways.

Unfortunately, for someone like me who really loved the real GNR, it really blows that the situation is what it is.

Yeah, you haven't reached the true pinnacle of success in the U.S. until you've headlined Ribfest, right?

I agree that it was Slash's own choice to sign the name over. But it was Axl who was a dictatorial jerk during his whole tenure in Guns N' Roses. Even before they were signed. The late starts, the no-shows, the cancelled shows. You are telling me you wouldn't be pissed off with your signer if he did that?

LOL. He should learn to accept his own decisions if he's mad at Axl because he was stupid enough to sign over the name.

Probably. Slash probably looks back at Axl being a fucken deceiving dictator by coercing him and Duff to sign the name over. It stopped being about friendship then and there. Also Axl's bullshit antics like the latestarts and cancelling shows would have pissed him off to no extent. In a way, Slash was smart for leaving that sinking ship. I mean, since Slash has left(15 years ago?), Guns N' Roses as an entity have put out one fucking album... One...

As Slash has stated numerous times, he signed over the name because he believed if the band were to break up it wouldn't matter who had the name.

Regardless of whether he was right or wrong in his decision to do so, in hindsight, he was absolutely right. Picture GNR circa 87-93. Then picture GNR 2001-2013.

Sure. The name has allowed Axl to sell out certain SA shows, but the majority's consensus is that GNR has been dead for a long, long time.

Apparently you don't realize where Slash is at. I'd love to let you live in the ignorant bliss that you currently enjoy, but reality beckons. Even at the height of VR, they never matched New Guns' touring numbers. They can have all the record sales (in 2004 vs 2008, Derp!) in the world, a band makes money off of touring. It's needless to even mention Slash's solo career in both record sales and touring, so I'll leave that humiliation alone.

Keep swinging on Axl's nuts.

Typical response from a Slash worshipper without a reasonable argument in his head. Unfortunately for your statement, I wouldn't have spent the last week on "vacation" if I was swinging on Axl's nuts.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Guest Len B'stard

I think Slash couldn't give a flying fuck and hasn't for a while, with the exception of the HOF thing which at the time might've dug some shit up. He seems more or less embarassed by questions about Axl these days. Or rather the last time i saw him answer em, which was a few months after his autobio came out.

Honestly, I don't think either MILLIONAIRE ROCK LEGEND is too worried about the other guy.

I've probably thought about this more than Slash.

probably closer to the truth than anything.

spot on.

Honestly, I don't think either MILLIONAIRE ROCK LEGEND is too worried about the other guy.

I've probably thought about this more than Slash.

It's possible. But having money and fame doesn't necessarily erase all those past feelings. People can move on, but there are some things you just never forget.